Carazzo

Remove this Banner Ad

iluvparis said:
hope we haven't got another Hulmey on our hands.

you know, that is a pretty disappointing call. Hulmey gave his absolute all for the Carlton footy club and I for one am bloody proud of the amount of games he played for us (150+ I would assume), and the amount of effort he put in week in, week out. He mightn't of been the most skilled in the league but he went in for the hard ball every time and did his absolute best which is more then we can say for the likes of you and me. He and Fraser Brown (who funnily enough is my favourite player of the cub in the modern era) were by far my favourite players of the late 90's, and to talk about him like that is pretty disrespectful.

Funkalicous said:
His kicking action looks fine. Just needs a bit more experience I think. His dash from defence is brilliant though. :cool:

With all due respect, I thinking his action is flawed as he doesn't guide the ball on to his foot hence his target finding skills is about 50/50. He needs to control the ball onto to his boot more.

Other that that I like him as a player as he has no trouble finding the ball and he is always prepared to run to make position or help a team mate.

There's nothing at all wrong wrong with his kicking, his pace is exellent and he has a tremendous attack on the ball. This is why he will be at Carlton for a long time to come.

I agree with Lajon, it is very narrow minded to judge Hulme on his last few years. He started as a poor kick , worked hard and improved dramatically for about 50-80 games and then dropped off at the end.He was a great contributor for Carlton and turned many big games for us.

It is another example of some supporters judging without going very deep. Similar to the treatment Lance received on this site last year from some people.

With regards to Carazzo he does in my opinion have some consistency problems with his kicking. Could be a balance issue or even confidence. He certainly has many great qualities and it would be good to see him work hard on his kicking to improve his efficiency.

He's a good player - a real goer that just couldn't make it into a regular senior spot with the current midfield players that we have. His tackling has always been a feature. Should be a good long term player for you guy's.

His kicking skills hasn't surprised me. Something he's obviously carried on from his Geelong days (Do note, he came to the club with those kicking skills, we didn't give them to him ;) )

Dominated matches in the VFL, where he found alot of the ball, but the problem was his disposal, which isn't too flash.

Should be a solid player without being outstanding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Teagueeee15 said:
There's nothing at all wrong with his kicking, his pace is exellent and he has a tremendous attack on the ball. This is why he will be at Carlton for a long time to come.

i don't know who you've been watching, but his kicking is pretty ordinary.

attack on the ball is good, has decent pace, but not speedy.
He can definitely find the ball, and provide a bit of run out of the backline. is doing alright at the moment and should improve further.

Abaddon said:
i don't know who you've been watching, but his kicking is pretty ordinary.

attack on the ball is good, has decent pace, but not speedy.
He can definitely find the ball, and provide a bit of run out of the backline. is doing alright at the moment and should improve further.

Well i must be the only one and i wont change my opinion at all. Decision making can be a problem sometimes.

For a guy that's only played 4 senior games, I think he's been quite impressive.

He really knows how to find the footy, and you can't teach that. If he continues to work hard, his kicking will improve.

I think we've found ourselves a player.

T-Bird32 said:
For a guy that's only played 4 senior games, I think he's been quite impressive.

He really knows how to find the footy, and you can't teach that. If he continues to work hard, his kicking will improve.

I think we've found ourselves a player.
I agree entirely..it seems a lot of supporters in here enjoy finding flaws in our players rather than noting the positives IE his ability to find the ball and carry it ...his kicking will will improve with time .

Blues_Man said:
I agree entirely..it seems a lot of supporters in here enjoy finding flaws in our players rather than noting the positives IE his ability to find the ball and carry it ...his kicking will will improve with time .

Exactly Blues Man, I get bemused by the way some people are so quick to jump on these young guys and focus only on the negative aspects of their game.

In terms of his AFL career, this guy is still finding his feet. We really should cut him some slack.

Will become an important player in our defensive setup's & allows Pagan to rotate Houla & Lappin on the ball or up forward.
As mentioned he has only played 4 games, but there is a lot to like. :)

The Old Dark Navy's said:
He looks a likely sort of player as long as he can improve his kicking. Remember how many games David Clarke played? Yet he gets bagged mercilessly.

I think David Clarke is an exception. The bloke looks completely disinterested every time he's out there .... no heart, as opposed to Carrazzo who really seems a goer.

From a neutral perspective, I thought he read the play very well but his kicking and decision making seemed suspect.

I was thinking I hope Pagain takes him off before he gives the ball away and loses the match ( I picked Carlton) :)

I am sure he will improve given time though, and as Blighty used to say, you can't teach a bloke how to find the ball but you can teach him what to do once he has it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carazzo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back