Carey Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Caaaarrrreeeyyy

Debutant
Sep 12, 2002
Ascot Vale
Other Teams
North Melbourne
Seriously, north are in the box seat here. If adelaide want to keep carey, they should expect to lose more than a draft pick if u ask me. i know youth is important, i just think we should get more than 1 pick in the draft for carey.

for example:

richmonds 1st round pick and adelaides 1st or 2nd sounds good to me.

what do u guys think?

I dont believe you guys are in the box seat when it comes to Richmond, Adelaide yes but dont expect our first rounder.

I think seriously, with Laidleys perseption on youth the trade will look like this:

Adelaide get: Carey
Torney

North get: Adelaide first rounder
Richmond 3rd rounder

Richmond get: Kane Johnson

Its a win-win-win if you ask me.

Adelaide add Carey and Torney to their impressive list.

North get two picks for a 30 - odd year old that we all know is gone in terms of North Melbourne.

Richmond get their midfielder they have been craving for years.

Whats your opinion on this.

I think its a bit rich wanting two first rounders for Wayne Carey, yes he was great but seriously!

Could someone less lazy than me list some players trades, and what draft picks have been given up to gain certain players?

Trent Croad for no.1 for example.

Peter Bell for 6, 8 AND Jess Sinclair

Then we can laugh at the above post.

If Wayne Carey plays 18 games and all finals next year, and the Crows have a good run with injuries, they will be the only side that will get close to Brisbane.

Originally posted by Tigerbob
I dont believe you guys are in the box seat when it comes to Richmond, Adelaide yes but dont expect our first rounder.

I think seriously, with Laidleys perseption on youth the trade will look like this:

Torney

Richmond 3rd rounder

North get two picks for a 30 - odd year old that we all know is gone in terms of North Melbourne.

I think its a bit rich wanting two first rounders for Wayne Carey, yes he was great but seriously!

adelaide won't give you kane johnson for your 3rd pick+torney

Torney

Richmond 3rd rounder

Well, he can go in the draft.

Originally posted by Karanicolas

Well, he can go in the draft.

I would rather this on principle.

If they want him, they will fold with amusing ease.

If Carey goes into the draft then we will end up with nothing if it was up to me we would sit on Carey till the very end of the trading period see who throws what up, if as has been stated earlier today that Essendon are interested that will drive up his value up it is my prediction that the majority of the trades will revolve around Wayne and that gives us a very strong negotiation point, but if we trade him early to say Ess. whos to say they don't on-trade him and get a better deal than us.

Ummm yer.

Well lets see you guys want two first rounders for Wayne Carey?

i see your reasoning when you note those other two trades but i just cant see it happening< but then again you are dealing with Richmond< who is known to produce stupidity!

Anyway good luck with it i like your optimistic approach!

Torney

Richmond 3rd rounder

Listen mate, I dont think you realise how much Wayne is worth.... If adelaide want him, they have to give up the goods, otherwise it's so long Wayne Carey from Adelaide and hello to the draft.........

If Kane is the midfielder u have been craving for years, I think it will be worth your while to give up ur first round draft pick....

The ball is in North Melbournes court mate, you outsiders (richmond) should be grateful that you might get a slice of the deal....

Ummm yer.

Well lets see you guys want two first rounders for Wayne Carey?

i see your reasoning when you note those other two trades but i just cant see it happening< but then again you are dealing with Richmond< who is known to produce stupidity!

Anyway good luck with it i like your optimistic approach!

Tigerbob, the issue we (North members) have is 2 late picks in a weak draft are not compansation for one of the all time greats of the game. In your senerio Richmond and the Crows both come out very nicely but North pick up "at best" two very average players.
Would you consider this appropriate compansation if we were talking about Richardson instead of Carey ?? I think not.
I know you will argue Richo is younger than Carey but is he a leader (no sook) is he a premiership Captain (no) is he, or was he ever the best player in the game ( not even close).
So our reasoning is if the Crows are not prepard to give anything of value we (North) lose nothing by him going into the draft and the Crows look foolish by not being able to deliver a great player that they have chased even after the good Doctor warned the football public that the price for Carey would be high.
In short we have nothing to lose.

Torney

Richmond 3rd rounder

Get lost....and get serious.

Michele

Oh btw if Carey was still at North and for whatever reason (but not "this" reason) wanted to be traded - who do you think say eg, Richmond and Adelaide would offer North for Carey.
No wonder Richmond don't make the finals - the're all about mediocrity.

Originally posted by Michele

Get lost....and get serious.

Michele

Oh btw if Carey was still at North and for whatever reason (but not "this" reason) wanted to be traded - who do you think say eg, Richmond and Adelaide would offer North for Carey.
No wonder Richmond don't make the finals - the're all about mediocrity.

Nicely put.........All North have to do is sit back and let Adelaide come to them....When you consider that they have already signed Carey to a contract, they will have to approach North pretty soon (If they havent already ....(I heard that it was a stale mate at the moment with neither team approaching the other))..............Maybe in the meantime North should speak to a few other clubs about possible trades for the King...... :eek: ;) :eek: ;) :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you North supporters accept the Tigerbob deal if it was that or let Carey go in the draft. Or would you just cut your losses and let him take his chances.

Start trade negotiations with other clubs eg Essendon or Hawthorn considering that those two showed a bit of interest before the Crows "deal". Let it slip that there is a hiccup in negotiations and see what that throws up.

Let's see if they have anything to offer, I have no problem sending the Duck to the draft.

Considering that we have played a year without him anyway and he won't be playing with us again, "getting nothing" doesn't hold the same threat as it normally would.

Play hard ball I say!!

Cheers

Gonzo

Originally posted by ACV
Would you North supporters accept the Tigerbob deal if it was that or let Carey go in the draft. Or would you just cut your losses and let him take his chances.

I would tell Bibertug to stick his deal up his arse and tell The Great One to waddle of down to AFL HQ and fill out his pre season draft paperwork.

Originally posted by Gonzo

Considering that we have played a year without him anyway and he won't be playing with us again, "getting nothing" doesn't hold the same threat as it normally would.

Yeah, not exactly scarey anymore is it.

I'd let him go to the draft, coz then he'll end his career at a club like the saints or something.. and Adelaide wont have him..:p:p:p

I still think we should get John**** and hte #4 pick..

Go Roos

interesting to see that opposition supporters think carey isn't worth much yet adelaide have firmed to 2nd favourites for the flag next year since the news he was going there.

Is there any chance that Carey could end up back at North next year?

What do we have without principles??? The AFL screw us and now the other clubs are joining in by downplaying Carey's value....okay let's look at it this way.....we didn't have hime this year and we had our principles and a hungry young side, so let's just sit back and let Carey go in the draft rather than be screwed by Adelaide.

I'd prefer to walk out of this with our heads high rather than accept a crappy deal.

We could have kept Wayne at the Roos and looked like a desperate souless club, instead we stuck to our principles.

I certainly don't want to "deal" with Carey and let him go to Adelaide at any price, I'd prefer he rotted at a lowly placed side and Adelaide and other club's got the message that we are "hard" both on and off the field.

Having said that, two first round draft picks would be reasonable; and I'm all for letting the other clubs fight for him.

Finally does anyone really believe Wayne when he says he won't play for any other club if he can't play for Adelaide.......PLEASE!!!

Go your hardest Wayne, sit out another season and more...because you ARE NOT in a position to threaten anyone!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Carey Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back