Carlscum board

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not sure why anyone other than a Carlton supporter would be checking out their thread? I mean seriously, I can understand checking the threads of sides who are relevant, who are in our league. But Carlton? They are up there with Port Adelaide or North Melbourne in terms of relevance to the Big Boys.

Quite simply, they don't rate to anyone other than themselves. Thats how sad they are nowdays.

Lets stick to sides who matter at the pointy end of the season.
Dee Carlton pain ALWAYS matters! Especially to old fossils like me who have been supporting Collingwood for 5 decades - yes 5. I remember clearly dad taking me to see his beloved Pies down to the then Kardinia Park - it was a country trip then as it is now but by diesel not sprinter, but even then in 1960 Carlton were THE ENEMY - and always will be. The injustice of being 2 premiersips behind a pack of slimy cheats and tankers needs to be rectified to restore truth and justice to the universe :mad:

How many years have Carltank been tanking and we're still waiting while they tell us 'They're coming'.

The Carlton board is the 'Inception' of BigFooty. Living in dreams within dreams within dreams, but forever in limbo.

Now, now - don't be unfair. Very apt marketing theme they adopted last year I thought. After they were completely f****d by almost everyone who mattered, it'sa bit unreasonable to deny them a climax or two. 'We're coming' indeed!

That will be funny, and what will be funnier is hearing how good players like Gibbs, Yarran, Betts, Armfield etc etc

What a terrible club.

Choose your own adventure:

a/. "Hope springs eternal"
b/. "In reality, hope is the worst of all evils, because it prolongs man's torments."
c/. "The miserable have no other medicine. But only hope."
d/. "When hope is hungry, everything feeds it."
e/. "Hope deceives more men than cunning does."
f/. "He that lives upon hope will die fasting.", or
g/. all of the above

But they have Swann and Icke.

It made me fuzzy reading that entire saga and knowing there would be a group of supporters on here that hate Carlton at the end of it as much as we do.

Sin City worships Swann and Icke like a superhero duo, christ almighty, it really got sad. :eek:

they claim our flag is tainted because we 'tanked' in 05'. its funny because they tanked for several years in a row to get murphy, gibbs, kruezer, etc and they will still never win a flag.

...and for the record, the only player at carlton better than dale thomas is chris judd. thomas is far superior to gibbs and kruezer and i rate him better than murphy too.

we are premiers. eat sh*t carlton hahaha

Their angle that our flag is 'tainted due to tanking' bemuses me. They are implying that should they win a flag whilst Gibbs or Murphy are on their list, that flag is also tainted. Since they finished below us that very year.

I don't think they realise that, they actually finished BELOW us the year they are suggesting we tanked.

Regardless, they are simply a minnow establishment in every sense of the word. I chuckle and cringe at them.

Dee Carlton pain ALWAYS matters! Especially to old fossils like me who have been supporting Collingwood for 5 decades - yes 5. I remember clearly dad taking me to see his beloved Pies down to the then Kardinia Park - it was a country trip then as it is now but by diesel not sprinter, but even then in 1960 Carlton were THE ENEMY - and always will be. The injustice of being 2 premiersips behind a pack of slimy cheats and tankers needs to be rectified to restore truth and justice to the universe :mad:

1 now :D

Yeah fair call..

But I don't see them as even being in our league if you know what I mean, they are a sad, pale vestige of a bygone past. The AFL has passed them by....they wish they were us. But they can never be.

The word Carlton means nothing more to me than the word humbug. Boring entity, nothing side, nothing club, nothing players, nothing eveything. Just bland nothingness.

Its hard to feel anything towards them than.. well...pity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah fair call..

But I don't see them as even being in our league if you know what I mean, they are a sad, pale vestige of a bygone past. The AFL has passed them by....they wish they were us. But they can never be.

The word Carlton means nothing more to me than the word humbug. Boring entity, nothing side, nothing club, nothing players, nothing eveything. Just bland nothingness.

Its hard to feel anything towards them than.. well...pity.

Fair enough Dee I understand your point of view but for someone like me who still vividly remembers the laughter of the whole damn town after the 1970 GF - it still burns deep in my gut - and the name HARMES still has the power to make me splutter in fury! Carlton to me spells ENEMY :mad:

That is one of the most enjoyable threads I have read. They are seriously a bunch of delusional flogs with zero AFL knowledge, a bit like their coach. The OP is what I enjoyed the most.

Gutter trash the lot of them.

I hate nothing more than that trailer trash.
Their supporters are so stupid it is not funny.
I go to a lot of their games for a laugh because it costs me nothing thanks to my AFL Membership and my mate who is a Carlton supporter comes and picks me up. However, I do choose which games I go to and that is the games I expect them to lose.
Just love seeing their stupid faces in anger. :D
I remember this year I was sitting in Access 1 not far away from Kernaghan and co. when they got flogged and some angry tools were shouting at Kernaghan and bagging Gibbs on how soft he was.
They crack me up. :thumbsu:

SinCity & TheGeneral are the funniest to read. It's like they're trolling their own club.

And then there's Parrot.
I reckon her line of thinking is - 'the more smilies i use the more chance the tripe that i post will turn into reality" :)

A supporter is allowed to dream, aren't they? And dream is all they will be doing for the next decade. :)

while we bask in our premiership glory they are devoting threads to the likes of:

- andrew collins, recently acquired from rich, reminds some of them of james hird;
- ed barlow, recently delisted from syd, could be their next KP defender;

So which of the above players is their "big" signing?

I remember when they went on about Hadley after they poached him from Brisbane, and how he was going to be a fantastic player, etc. That turned out well, didn't it? Brock McLean will turn out to be the same garbage gain, and so will their recent "acquisitions".

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlscum board

Remove this Banner Ad

Back