Carlton Board Draft/List Management Game - Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My pick......can someone kindly provide an updated list of picks for me?

Struggling to see who has been picked and who hasn't.

Best I can do at the moment Jery:

Sorry Bluegal, I picked Vince at Pick 109. ..

This post is more up to date than the op. ..

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum//showthread.php?p=23126005

Would make life easier if everyone posted in a uniform manner. .. Some do but the ones that mix it into their text are the worst. ..

Should be: "<Pick No> - <full name> (<team>)" or something similar and bolded if a long winded post. ..

Ok, to begin the next round, I pick Jake Melksham.

Smooth mover I expect to go From 17 touches up to around 20 a game.

A few bombers guys expect the two Jakes To be the big improvers in 2012.

As much as I hate the scum this kid has the goods. Seriously considered drafting him rather than Ottens but required the third tall / rebounding defender rather than the mid.

Getting tougher now. At this stage of the game I'm not looking to the kids just yet. Rather, I'm looking for players that are part of their respective teams best sides.

With this pick I select a small defender. I probably need other positions more than a small defender, but there's still time...

This player has been around for a while and is a permanent fixture in his sides best 22. Provides run out of the backline and can find plenty of the ball, but also knows how to play a shut down role on dangerous small forwards, and knows how to play that role well. He also generally has very good disposal.

I select Brent Guerra

My current backline -

B: Josh Drummond - Ted Richards - Brent Guerra
HB: Nick Malceski - Stefan Martin - Pearce Hanley

Ash Smith on the bench.

I think Guerra rounds out that backline quite nicely. Most of those players can provide huge amounts of run and use the ball to great effect. Not all are great defenders but over the journey they have proved they can certainly mind their man well. Despite not picking a true tall defender in the draft, there also seems to be more than sufficient amounts of height there as well, which is pleasing.

Team Wickzki selects Josh Toy of the Gold Coast Suns.

FB: Chris Newman - Scott Thompson - Josh Toy
HB: Matthew Suckling - Troy Chaplin - Andy Otten
C: Brent Stanton - Michael Rischitelli - Nathan Jones
HF: Nathan Fyfe - Jack Watts - Harley Bennell
FF: Nic Naitanui - Jack Riewoldt - Adam Schneider
RU: Ben McEvoy - Jack Redden - Luke Shuey
IC: Brett Ebert - Josh Hill - Matthew White
SU: Matt Shaw (or Matthew Bate)

While going young with this 22 I have a surprising amount of experienced young veterans. The best (young) ruck duo in the game in Nic Nat and Ben McEvoy. The two Jacks at KPF with two outstanding mid-career veterans at KPD. Am very satisfied with my midfield rotations as well.

Team Wickzki selects Josh Toy of the Gold Coast Suns.

FB: Chris Newman - Scott Thompson - Josh Toy
HB: Matthew Suckling - Troy Chaplin - Andy Otten
C: Brent Stanton - Michael Rischitelli - Nathan Jones
HF: Nathan Fyfe - Jack Watts - Harley Bennell
FF: Nic Naitanui - Jack Riewoldt - Adam Schneider
RU: Ben McEvoy - Jack Redden - Luke Shuey
IC: Brett Ebert - Josh Hill - Matthew White
SU: Matt Shaw (or Matthew Bate)

While going young with this 22 I have a surprising amount of experienced young veterans. The best (young) ruck duo in the game in Nic Nat and Ben McEvoy. The two Jacks at KPF with two outstanding mid-career veterans at KPD. Am very satisfied with my midfield rotations as well.

I'll see your pair of Jacks, and raise you a pair of smart Alex (Rance and Johnson) in my backline... bring it on :thumbsu:. Actually I think you might just have me covered.... for this year anyway.

OK, this young man may well be the best footballer in the draft.

Pick 163 - Jaeger O'Meara - Brisbane Lions.

BTW, he is clearly in the game since Brad Crouch is in the game, and just to make doubly sure I have checked his eligibility with B&S.

Nice pickup will be a gun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My final pick of the draft. I want to add some extra speed through defence/midfield and this guy has it in spades.

Pick 168: Dennis Armfield

With that finally done, here's my completed team.

FB: Greg Broughton :: Luke McPharlin :: Zac Tuohy
HB: Brendan Whitecross :: Harry Taylor :: Corey Enright
C: Dustin Martin :: Ryan Bastinac :: Jack Steven
HF: Brad Green :: Quinten Lynch :: Rory Sloane
FF: Todd Banfield :: Samuel Reid :: Kepler Bradley
R: Aaron Sandilands :: Andrew Swallow :: Lenny Hayes
IC: Dennis Armfield :: Jude Bolton :: Adam Selwood
S: Sean Dempster

I'm more than a little proud. Aaron Sandilands feeding some of thr best inside midfielders in the game in Hayes, Swallow and Bolton. A quality young centre line growing with the midfield leaders.

The best young KPF around in Sam Reid leading the forward line. I went for a more flexible forward line. Green, Banfield and Sloane all add to the midfield rotations and the Q-Stick and Kepler can pinch hit in the ruck to give Sandi a break.

My backline has 2 super anchors in McPharlin amd Taylor, working with four defenders who provide a lot of rebound. Tuohy and Broughton will also add to the rotations in the middle.

I already touched on Bolton, but with the bench of Armfield and Selwood I add more to my midfield with speed and a defensive stopper respectively.

Dempster makes the perfect sub, can play anywhere and is a big game player.

I still have players like Howlett, Pittard, Simon White, Clifton and Ricky Henderson waiting in the wings if needed. Good replacements for the future if this game goes 5 years.

Still, I'm done. Enjoy the rest of the draft.

JuddSentant is a pass, so it's my pick.

With my last pick in the draft, I am taking a guy who is playing the best football of his career.
Here's two surprising facts about him... he finished 3rd in the AFL last year for marks per game, and at only just 28 he is younger than Chris Judd.

Pick 171 - Bret Thornton - Carlton

So here's the finished list -

FB :: Scott McMahon :: Alex Rance :: Chris Yarran
HB :: Sam Gilbert :: Jackson Trengove :: Bret Thornton
C :: Trent McKenzie :: Sam Mitchell :: Brett Deledio
HF :: Mitch Robinson :: Josh J Kennedy :: Tom Rockliff
FF :: Liam Jurrah :: Jonathan Brown :: Alex Fasolo
R :: Sam Jacobs :: Trent Cotchin :: Heath Hocking

Int :: Zach Clarke :: Liam Shiels :: David Swallow :: Luke Power (s)

Em :: Andrew Moore :: Alex Johnson :: Beau Wilkes

Depth :: Kelvin Moore :: Billy Longer :: Curtly Hampton :: Thomas Lynch (GC) :: Jaeger O’Meara

Next up is Bluegal. I have PM'ed her.

FB :: Scott McMahon :: Alex Rance :: Chris Yarran
HB :: Sam Gilbert :: Jackson Trengove :: Bret Thornton
C :: Trent McKenzie :: Sam Mitchell :: Brett Deledio
HF :: Mitch Robinson :: Josh J Kennedy :: Tom Rockliff
FF :: Liam Jurrah :: Jonanthan Brown :: Alex Fasolo
R :: Sam Jacobs :: Trent Cotchin :: Heath Hocking

Int :: Zach Clarke :: Liam Shiels :: David Swallow :: Luke Power (s)

Em :: Andrew Moore :: Alex Johnson :: Beau Wilkes

Depth :: Kelvin Moore :: Billy Longer :: Curtly Hampton :: Thomas Lynch (GC) :: Jaeger O’Meara

That is an unbelievable forward line :eek:

The best young KPF around in Sam Reid leading the forward line.

Why does everybody overrate this kid? It's as though he has a brother playing for Collingwood or something. ;)

Doesn't even sniff top five young KPF in the league. Would take Watts, Hurley, Butcher, Darling, T. Walker and Patton (knee injury and all) all before him without even blinking. I also prefer Lachie Henderson though believe he is best suited down back.

Jack Riewoldt, Tom Hawkins and Travis Cloke are also under 25 but can't be considered 'young' anymore due to their achievements. I'd take the three of them before him as well.

It's even doubtable whether Reid is suited to KPF or KPD as he'll never be the type to completely damage you on the scoreboard (can kick bags of 2-3 but doesn't have it in him to consistently kick 5+). If the discussion was young KPDs then I'd put him up there in a class with only him and a couple of others (Henderson being one).

Great young talent but quite a few ahead of him in the young KPF stakes.

Why does everybody overrate this kid? It's as though he has a brother playing for Collingwood or something. ;)

Doesn't even sniff top five young KPF in the league. Would take Watts, Hurley, Butcher, Darling, T. Walker and Patton (knee injury and all) all before him without even blinking. I also prefer Lachie Henderson though believe he is best suited down back.

Jack Riewoldt, Tom Hawkins and Travis Cloke are also under 25 but can't be considered 'young' anymore due to their achievements. I'd take the three of them before him as well.

It's even doubtable whether Reid is suited to KPF or KPD as he'll never be the
type to completely damage you on the scoreboard (can kick bags of 2-3 but doesn't have it in him to consistently kick 5+). If the discussion was young
KPDs then I'd put him up there in a class with only him and a couple of others (Henderson being one).

Great young talent but quite a few ahead of him in the young KPF stakes.

I can't see what so great about Reid either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Board Draft/List Management Game - Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back