hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Discussion around of a new clash kit for Carlton next year, as the Baby Blue is unloved (as a Sturt supporter in the SANFL I can't for the life of me understand why :p ).
Any suggestions/ideas? I'm guessing they won't be simply reverting to the white clash with navy monogram, numbers and side panels. No historical options according to our reliable source in footyjumpers.com, as they all are mainly navy blue also.
So what they gonna wear? Or at least, what they gonna provide and then not have to wear against Collingwood :p ?

Here's one that I made:
CarltonClashJumper3GoodCopy.png

Do not want gimmicks, NM Design. And a chrome-looking jumper is a gimmick.

I've always thought a chamoise coloured clash would work for Carlton. Firstly, it's a light colour and solves clash issues. Additionally, there's some history, the chamoise dates to 1880. So it'd be in this design with the navy monogram, cuffs, and sidepanels retained:
Carlton-Clash-2010.gif

But in the colour of the chamoise, as seen here:
Carlton-1897.gif

But the most realistic option is the return to the aforementioned white jumper. Made sense, kept club colours, and seemed to be more popular than the Baby Blue.

Yeah, sidepanels make the jumper look a lot less 'soft' as well.

Why not have the Carlton homer jumper with white side panels and white cuffs/collar with the waves design?
What are you even talking about? Waves? I can tell you that I don't want any more cartoon waves on a footy jumper...

Yeah, sidepanels make the jumper look a lot less 'soft' as well.

What are you even talking about? Waves? I can tell you that I don't want any more cartoon waves on a footy jumper...

I don't know what the design on there heritage guernsey is called but I just said 'Waves' because that's what it looks like to me.

It makes the guernsey more white to remove clash and also adds heritage to the guernsey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is a reversed Carlton uniform, white with a navy blue monogram.

This is one idea I had awhile ago. It incorporates into the design the old Carlton logo.

It includes the use wreath at the top of the jumper to create something the looks like the old canvas or chamois top of the jumper. The scroll with the club motto is on the back. This design is closer to the traditional Carlton uniform, but is still different enough to be a clash uniform.

You can't do white without side panels, it looks way too white. No good.

I really like Mero's idea, but if they bring that in they will be directly copying Essendon. Can't really do it.

I'm not at my PC at the moment but i'm thinking white, side panels, and an enlarged Carlton logo in navy taking up most of the front.

Best one yet. :thumbsu:

Other thing I'd consider: Carlton wearing royal blue as a clash. AFL will whine that it's "dark" though.

as a Sturt supporter in the SANFL I can't for the life of me understand why

Me either. It's still a BLUE jumper which any team called the BLUES should be wearing.

So was this a massive coincidence, or did you know about the Essendon clash/Heritage?
I was told two years ago they would have a silver Clash jumper this year.
But I didn't know the premiership players names would be on it.

You can't do white without side panels, it looks way too white. No good.

I really like Mero's idea, but if they bring that in they will be directly copying Essendon. Can't really do it.

I'm not at my PC at the moment but i'm thinking white, side panels, and an enlarged Carlton logo in navy taking up most of the front.
Geelong, Hawthorn, Adelaide & Sydney have done it with players names, Footscray, Port, Richmond and North (are about to to do it) with sponsors names. So I don't think they'd be copying Essendon. They'd be copying everyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion Carlton possible new clash kit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back