Carlton Supporter's Challenge for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst I was walking to the ground this evening, I noticed that there is a street called "GIPPS" street just off the street where the Hilton Hotel is.

How easy would it be to change the street sign to read "GIBBS" street :D

The challenge has been set people!!! :D

Whilst I was walking to the ground this evening, I noticed that there is a street called "GIPPS" street just off the street where the Hilton Hotel is.

How easy would it be to change the street sign to read "GIBBS" street :D

The challenge has been set people!!! :D

Wouldn't that inconvenience a lot of people?

BG why don't you write a very persuasive letter to the local council? Would be a far more adult approach ;) :p

that would take the fun out of it. theres nothing better than a bit of random acts of vadilism.

i must admit its much easier to do things down here in tassie. i mean we have a collection of road work signs, stop signs from train track poles (extremly hard to get when drunk), street signs ect. oh and our local phone booth that we painted purple ( phone booths look much better purple).

so i say go for it. make it GIBBS street. for the good of the world. :thumbsu:

But then what if someone from Interstate travelled to Melbourne and went looking for Gipps street, but only found Gibbs streeet (bare in mind, they had never previously been to Melbourne)... and then they went out of their way to find a Gipps street, and the only one they could come across was miles away... then they went miles out of their way to this other Gipps street, only to find it was incorrect, and where they were initially is actually where they were supposed to be, but some immature Carlton fans (which they may or may not have figured out) changed the street sign to read Gibbs... so they've wasted money and time and are now very enraged, and will never bring their tourism back to Melbourne...

But then what if someone from Interstate travelled to Melbourne and went looking for Gipps street, but only found Gibbs streeet (bare in mind, they had never previously been to Melbourne)... and then they went out of their way to find a Gipps street, and the only one they could come across was miles away... then they went miles out of their way to this other Gipps street, only to find it was incorrect, and where they were initially is actually where they were supposed to be, but some immature Carlton fans (which they may or may not have figured out) changed the street sign to read Gibbs... so they've wasted money and time and are now very enraged, and will never bring their tourism back to Melbourne...

Care factor is well below zero!! It is a bit of fun!! Sheeesh :rolleyes:

I bet that person or family who have travelled from interestate would care!

Yeah!

Why not find a Murphy street and Put M. before it and then #3 at the end of it?

I've finally found an ally iin DC, this is an absurd proposition BG ;)

What if Bryce's family were in melbourne and arranged to meet him in Gipps Street? That would be ironic. Didn't think of that did you :rolleyes:

well i think the tourist wuld be pretty silly not to notice that the extra bits on the p's being just texta or something? if i were able to id change it! (used to that kind of stuff.....year 12 muck up day last year :D )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah!

If there was a Murphy Street near the G then I probably would suggest it.

That's the whole point. It is about 200m away from the G, the home of footy! Thousands of people would pass it on their way to the G on the weekends. Tell me you wouldn't love it if you saw it.

Yeah!

Great idea! there we go. join in the fun people.;)

plus i dont think people go to melbourne for the street name, i know i go for the footy, soccer (Aus vs Arg in june in partucular), cricket, shopping, and a ride on the trams. :rolleyes:
then again it might be a great tourism idea to rename streets by sporting heroes names. if they are AFL players names change the colour of the sign to the club colours. great idea DC :p

oh and DC Peter Crouch......... i've told you before i love the guy :thumbsu:

I've finally found an ally iin DC, this is an absurd proposition BG ;)

What if Bryce's family were in melbourne and arranged to meet him in Gipps Street? That would be ironic. Didn't think of that did you :rolleyes:

Now who is being absurd :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Supporter's Challenge for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Back