Carmelo Anthony?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoops_is_better

Debutant
Aug 15, 2005
Other Teams
Hawks
Peoples dislike or liking of melo' aside... Does he deserve to be talked about as with Lebron and Wade again?? Alot of people jumped off him last season even tho his numbers were not all that different to his first season
03/04 - 21ppg 6.1rpg 2.8apg 42.6% shooting
04/05 - 20.8ppg 5.7rpg 2.6apg 43% shooting
And this season his numbers have gone up to what people may have expected of him in his second season
05/06 - 24.5ppg 5.4rpg 2.9apg 46% shooting
And over the last 14 games (not including the game he went down in the first minute injured) He is averaging:
29.85ppg 5.2rpg 2.9apg on 48.6% shooting

I just wanted to know what people were thinking of the way he is playing

The guy is a star. And is surrounded with a fairly decent line up. Camby in my mind is the All Star Centre. Unfortunately, people vote on reputation, and he has no chance in hell of getting it.

Camby's numbers, team mates like K-Mart, Boykins, Watson. Carmello and George Karl could turn this team into quite the unit.

Great player. No Leb, but not bad either.

?

Hoops_is_better said:
Alot of people jumped off him last season even tho his numbers were not all that different to his first season

First off Id just like to say this is not really true. Ppl got on Melo's back cos he came back unfit and his first half of the season was terrible. He started playing well when Karl became coach and got his numbers back up to a respectable level.

I believe he is back up to star level but the media still hate him. He needs to get his team winning again before the media will come around.

He is not rated aside LeBron or Wade because a) he doesn't involve his teammates like LeBron or Wade, b) needs the offense to revolve around him and c) takes a lot of bad shots. Like if LeBron is having a bad shooting night, he has other aspects to his game that helps the Cavs, same cannot be said about Melo. I guess you could say LeBron and Wade are much more team players than Melo.

This season, Karl is improving his play so he plays better without the ball and can blend into the offence more but I still don't rate him aside LeBron or Wade just yet even though it's obvious he is becoming more of a team player.

I watched LeBron every time the Cavs have been on ESPN since his career started, and LeBron will only take 2 bad shots in a game, compared to Crymelo's 5-10.

Crymelo should never be in the same breathe as LeBron and Wade, because those 2 are many levels above Crymelo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carmelo Anthony?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back