Caro

Remove this Banner Ad

May 8, 2003
Hamish Paradise
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Islanders, Nuggets
She had led the campaign to discredit us for drafting Hay.
I have queried the coach on a number of matters, but I will wear Hay cos we BLATANTLY needed a full-back. It didn't work last year, let's hope it does this year. If it doesn't, I view it as an acceptable risk.
But I digress.
I was watching the news last night and the Kent Kingsley presser was on. Who should be at the back smirking like the cat that got the canary but our Caro.
Is there any irony in that?
How many times has Kent been All-Australian? How old is he?
Don't Richmond have a youth policy?

Go easy on poor old Kent. The Tigers know something the rest of us don't... he's going to be a champion 3rd tall forward apparently. The fact that Geelong had Ottens, N. Ablett, Playfair and a number of other tall forwards spreading the load doesn't seem to have made Kent a better player, but somehow standing alongside Richo and some other dud is going to turn Kent into Superman.

Kent is actually a very nice bloke and I wish him well.
The observation is about the selective observations of one journo. Who appears spellbound by El Tel. She'll learn the hard way.

Reasonable point Scotty, but there is a Wallace factor here as well.
Few journos, Richmond supporters or not, would dare have a go at him.
He was asked about supporter backlash and simply answered that there is room for both, youth policy and recruiting a player for a specific need. End of argument. Laidley doesn't have such leeway.

Also don't forget that we didn't exactly get Hay for a preseason pick...

Another person on our back with Hay even more so than Carro IMO, has been Robert Walls. He is nowhere to be seen, but make no mistake, if Kingsley has a few early shockers and then cops a hammy on top of it, Richmond will get some pasting in the media.

Of course it won't be as vicious as if it was us, but we're used to it.
Never bothered us in the 90s when we were on top. The worst media we ever got back then was around the No Carey No North claim.

Reasonable point Scotty, but there is a Wallace factor here as well.
Few journos, Richmond supporters or not, would dare have a go at him.

He is all hype IMO. Its all smoke and mirrors.
How many grand finals has he been involved in at AFL level - nil.
Alright, he picked the Bulldogs up, but it didn't amount to anything in the long run. It ended up tears, most likely so will Richmond.

I like Kent as a bloke, I am not going to slag him just to get back at that howling banshee.

She is a hypocrite and we ALL know it. Nothing else needs to be said.

I'd have taken Hay in the PSD. Kingsley will likely be on a very low salary (given his outside interests) and cost them next to nothing. Not even comparable to the Hay saga. Does anyone see Geelong running around with Grant Birchall?

Looks like Caro is trying to dig the knife in again in this mornings Age article. :thumbsdown:

The article does raise some concerns that our supporters do have and that is the AFL has a hidden agenda when it comes to our club and it doesn't with a team like the Bulldogs, who they have been supporting and throwing more money at up until this point in time than us.

It is not a desirable scenario where you have to worry about the AFL and their intention on the football club. They have over a number of years denied us a fair and equitable share of games played, just compare the draw we received the year after finishing 5th to the Bulldogs draw for 2007. It has been typical of the kind of schedule we are stuck with, we have had a lot of pay-tv games played live against the gate which severely impacts your profitability.

The only real solution for the club is to distance itself from the AFL, become financially independant as soon as possible, return to playing 11 home games in Melbourne as soon as possible and get off the CBF drip feed then if necessary take the AFL to court over restraint of trade if they continue to deny us a fair and equitable share of the fixture.

All clubs deserve 1/16th consideration, the extra money they make from giving Collingwood and Essendon a dream draw year after year just makes those two clubs rich and the rest of the money made is going to the players or is retained by the AFL. The biggest broadcasting rights boon and the clubs barely gets an extra million a year? The AFL should be distributing the proceeds to the clubs so they can become financially independant but the AFL wont do that because they want to be able to control and manipulate the clubs.

Who knows, maybe the comments from Demetriou were designed to influence the thoughts of those shareholders who are hindering Duff's plans, maybe the thought is to get them to agree to reverting back to membership election of office bearers because they fear AFL control if the AFL buys the shares

She had led the campaign to discredit us for drafting Hay.
I have queried the coach on a number of matters, but I will wear Hay cos we BLATANTLY needed a full-back. It didn't work last year, let's hope it does this year. If it doesn't, I view it as an acceptable risk.
But I digress.
I was watching the news last night and the Kent Kingsley presser was on. Who should be at the back smirking like the cat that got the canary but our Caro.
Is there any irony in that?
Scotty it is quite understandable when you finally grasp this simple mathematical equation. Caro = Clown.

Until Caro stops using terminology like :

1/ sources tell me..
2/ im told by people close to the club..
3/ im advised by some high ranking officials...
4/ its my belief that...
5/ sources inside the club ..
6/ Board members are thinking....
7/ I have on good authority..

When she actually starts putting some names to her so called "quotes" I may even start to believe her..Until then, its just one persons opinion.

Looks like Caro is trying to dig the knife in again in this mornings Age article. :thumbsdown:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caroline Wilson= B1tch, and Liar.
She just keeps kicking the club, not matter what.
When there is a positive, she always has to put a negative.
She, It ,whatever is an Ar5e clown.

Why dont they relocate Richmond to the gold coast, that would be more appropriate. Since they have a shocking finals record. They offer so much, yet deliver, very, very little

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why dont they relocate Richmond to the gold coast, that would be more appropriate. Since they have a shocking finals record. They offer so much, yet deliver, very, very little

And think of the money Terry Wallace could save not using tanning salons!

As usual, I reckon Caro is on the money, you may not like what she says, but she's normally always right.

I really dislike making personal insults on a forum but you really are a ********w*t.

If you were a true supporter you would do exactly that. Support.

I wonder what you would be like if you had been waiting 52 years for a premiership like the doggies have been.

Get a life.

Nah cos it'll only stroke their egos and make em think that heaps are buying their Rag.

Maybe start a campaign to boycott The Age

But ive never bought the age, maybe a couple of times but not in this year. Well most of us really only read on the websites.

Maybe i should launch a poll and see the difference

As usual, I reckon Caro is on the money, you may not like what she says, but she's normally always right.

I don't know if you are a Member of North, but if you are, this 'journalist' bags North at every opportunity, but didn't have the intestinal fortitude to bag Richmond with their tin rattling - Save Our Skins campaign.

Wichmond were broke and on their knees and they received a grant from the MCC to upgrade their facilities a few years ago.
The same MCC overlooked another part of their district - North Melbourne.

Just to listen to her garbage on 3aw yesterday, how North would be re-located to the Gold Coast was galling.
No if or buts, North would be re-located.

And this 'journalist' would do very well to remember that it was the same club she supported, that vetoed the North/Fitzroy merger.

They were petrified that North - with Carey et al - would be a super power of the AFL. And that just could not happen.

This alleged journo doesn't write without fear or favour - esp on North - she writes with venom.

North WILL relocate to the Gold Coast ?

Yeah, well, maybe..............just bear in mind that for the last 15 years or so, we've heard the self-appointed experts (in the media, and fans of rival clubs) confidently predict that North would be relocated to Sydney, Canberra, wherever.

Have any of these clowns ever had the character to say 'Well, I was wrong'. ?? :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Caro

Remove this Banner Ad

Back