No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not really. This doesn't affect the club. It's in the background.
I'd like to think that too, but there's no way this won't be front and centre in the media and at every press conference the club holds.

Rodski - being the media managér should take this by the balls and hold one weekly presser based on details from the players or the case. If any journo brings up CAS questions or the old "how are they holding up" at any other interview they should be told to **** right off.

After the whole debacle, we need to start owning this now. There's no more puppetry needed.

I'd like to think that too, but there's no way this won't be front and centre in the media and at every press conference the club holds.

Rodski - being the media managér should take this by the balls and hold one weekly presser based on details from the players or the case. If any journo brings up CAS questions or the old "how are they holding up" at any other interview they should be told to **** right off.

After the whole debacle, we need to start owning this now. There's no more puppetry needed.
What update can there possibly be before the case? It'd be pointless.

Like I said, my issue isn't with them appealing at all. Go for it. But ultimately the club has to do what's best for the club. Not Jobe or Stants or any individual player. That's not selfish. It's reality. It's harsh, yes. But not selfish.
That's what caused this mess though. The club doing what was best for the club, so they could win #17, and not doing the best they could for the players. The players are paying a far greater price as far as punishment and reputation as individuals than what the club is.

AFL website says the same, but with more detail and seems legit (not Chip). :)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-02-...ppeal-to-federal-supreme-court-of-switzerland

Essendon insurers set to fund appeal to Federal Supreme Court of Switzerland
ESSENDON'S insurers have confirmed they will fund any appeal to the Federal Supreme Court of Switzerland, AFL.com.au understands.

It's understood the club sought clarification to ensure such an appeal - from any of the 34 banned past and present Bombers - would be covered.

The AFL Players' Association and lawyers for the Essendon 34 have been in meetings to nut out the mechanics of a potential appeal, which was looking likely as of Friday afternoon.

The players' lawyers have until Wednesday to file paperwork with the Swiss judiciary.

"The players still have some time to weigh up the option of an appeal and we’ll be in a position to provide further detail once an outcome is reached," AFLPA chief executive Paul Marsh said on Friday.

"But fundamentally these players have a right to justice and to clearing their name.

"Should any of them decide to appeal, they are merely exercising their right to do so.

"This equally applies to every other player in the competition and the AFLPA advocates this right for all players and will support them.”

It is the only means to appeal the Court of Arbitration for Sport's decision suspend the players for 12 months, for breaching the World Anti-Doping Code.

The decision overturned the original ruling of the AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal, which found the players not guilty of taking banned peptide Thymosin Beta-4.

Any hearing is likely to be conducted in French, and would likely not take place until later in the year.

Essendon had no comment on Friday afternoon.

This ain't going to be a normal season, appeal or not. A season with all these top ups is not normal.

The earliest normal season we'll have is 2017.
I think it will be 2018 before it starts to feel like normal.

Even without the appeal happening 2017 will be heavily affected with (hopefully) all players returning but not having played for a year. There is a fair likelihood though that a percentage of them won't return to the club for various reasons.

What update can there possibly be before the case? It'd be pointless.
Every presser we have is shattered with CAS, suspended or Brownlow questions. Surely you can't be missing these being asked.

I'm saying that the club should manage this much better (probably should have from a long way back). From now on in any interview at the club should be about season 2016. Any questions about the 34 should be totally separate and managed. Worsfold, Parish or Joe D shouldn't be involved in answering such questions. These are the ones it doesn't concern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every presser we have is shattered with CAS, suspended or Brownlow questions. Surely you can't be missing these being asked.

I'm saying that the club should manage this much better (probably should have from a long way back). From now on in any interview at the club should be about season 2016. Any questions about the 34 should be totally separate and managed. Worsfold, Parish or Joe D shouldn't be involved in answering such questions. These are the ones it doesn't concern.

I don't think you have to worry about this with Worsfold as coach. His forward defence is pretty effective, and usually leads to the journos at the presser throwing something short and wide.

I think it will be 2018 before it starts to feel like normal.

Even without the appeal happening 2017 will be heavily affected with (hopefully) all players returning but not having played for a year. There is a fair likelihood though that a percentage of them won't return to the club for various reasons.

Of the 12 I certainly wouldn't expect all of them to leave and I don't think our player turnover rate will be much higher than usual. The annoying thing is that we may retain spuds (we offered all affected players one year contract extensions) and lose role players (poaching), so the overall list quality may reduce somewhat. Slight chance of thunderstorms if we lose a Hooker or a Hurley, but the silver lining is salary cap space to retain our decent role players when other clubs come knocking.

Perhaps a frequently updated FAQ on the website? That way they can't get the same answer with different phrasing and make news out of it.

the players certainly have the right to appeal if they so desire, but FFS this saga just wont go away! The chances of them winning is SOOOOOOOOOOO low, and the reward for winning will be what exactly?? Is it really worth another year of uncertainty and media frenzy?

the players certainly have the right to appeal if they so desire, but FFS this saga just wont go away! The chances of them winning is SOOOOOOOOOOO low, and the reward for winning will be what exactly?? Is it really worth another year of uncertainty and media frenzy?

Not sure if serious?

Players believe they are not guilty yet have been sentenced as drug cheats and your unsure of what the reward would be of they won their case?

Clearing their names... personal integrity...

Oh and Essendon's insurance is paying. What have they got to lose?

Bunch of sad ****s who are condemning the players on launching an appeal any normal person would do the same if they were deemed guilty of ped taking with no evidence.
ugh. I'm going to hold off on being "explosive" but c'mon maaaaan. There was not "no evidence". Far from it.

For the players / yes definitely!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back