Remove this Banner Ad

simplicity

Debutant
Apr 30, 2007
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
just wondering why everyone is rushing to get cash cows in right away
is it that important? trading out players who have played one game for others who have played 2 just seems like a waste.

a lot of people seem to be trading in hill (yes a good cash cow) for tippett? or are trying to find some way to fit him into the lineup

people who have played DT previously, cash cows come throughout the year dont they? so missing out on one isn't that important is it or every single one is essential?

i'm jumping on hill and stokes (probably) this week. Even if I have a bad run with injuries and dont have enough trades to use all of my cash cows, they can still come in if someone gets injured/suspended for a week or two and cover.

Still spewing about picking masten over ebert. All of the talk on the eagles board is that masten should be dropped and ebert will keep his spot :eek:

i'm jumping on hill and stokes (probably) this week. Even if I have a bad run with injuries and dont have enough trades to use all of my cash cows, they can still come in if someone gets injured/suspended for a week or two and cover.

Still spewing about picking masten over ebert. All of the talk on the eagles board is that masten should be dropped and ebert will keep his spot :eek:

Who are you trading out? Tippet to hill is silly.

thats what i mean.. everyone seems to be forcing their way to get this trade, tippett to hill seems like a complete waste of a trade.
i'm personally considering dew -> hill but considering as i have rioli and tippett on the sidelines i might not trade him in not quite sure yet

thats what i mean.. everyone seems to be forcing their way to get this trade, tippett to hill seems like a complete waste of a trade.
i'm personally considering dew -> hill but considering as i have rioli and tippett on the sidelines i might not trade him in not quite sure yet

Dew to hill would work well depending on how long dew is out for.

The thing is Hill looks like someone you can keep as your 7th forward all year. Normally I would agree that you don't trade a cash cow for another one, but I'm considering Jetta to Hill.

Thats what im thinking, but I also have Dempesy and am not to keen on using 2 trades in 1 round, might just stick with Dew cause he will make some very good money

I agree with a thread I read last week, Big Footy is killing dream teams. Every one has the same team. Make your trades and keep them to yourself.

I can see a 134,000 person draw and seasons end

I agree with a thread I read last week, Big Footy is killing dream teams. Every one has the same team. Make your trades and keep them to yourself.

I can see a 134,000 person draw and seasons end

They're all the same, yada yada yada. There is 145K people playing DT. Bigfooty has what 35-40K members. Do you think everyone who plays DT on BF reads these boards and does what is said? doubtful. Would only be a small % of people who play DT and post/ read here

The thing that seperates the good DT's and the average ones, is knowing when to upgrade your cash cows (ie when they have hit their peak) to guns who have dropped to their lowest point. That's what makes it different. A lot of teams may have the same cash cows, but player A might trade a cashie in round 5 or 6, whereas player B might leave it until round 9 or 10.

And good captain choices help too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing is Hill looks like someone you can keep as your 7th forward all year. Normally I would agree that you don't trade a cash cow for another one, but I'm considering Jetta to Hill.

I was thinking of the same thing but Jetta to Hill is sort of a sie-ways trade. Hill has had a great start and who knows he may continue his average...but it is unlikely. Jetta is averaging 45 or something which i think can be lifted to 55 or so come seasons end. An average of 55 versus 70(just a guess!)..is it worth a trade?

I was thinking of the same thing but Jetta to Hill is sort of a sie-ways trade. Hill has had a great start and who knows he may continue his average...but it is unlikely. Jetta is averaging 45 or something which i think can be lifted to 55 or so come seasons end. An average of 55 versus 70(just a guess!)..is it worth a trade?

Keep in mind that Jetta is also 50k more expensive, if the average are as you say then you will make around 100k profit from the trade. Is it worth it? I'm still not sure, would appreciate other people's opinions.

My head is telling me not to trade, but I've watched him live the last two weeks and just love the way he plays.

I have N.Thompson, he's the only player I might consider to trade for hill, but Thompson is a bit of a cash cow himself, so it's doubtful for me atm.
My forward line is looking pretty solid, Aker, Medhurst, Didak, Schneider, all got 88+, N.Brown had an off DT day, N.Thompson, Tippett and Hansen.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I'll trade for hill, trades will be way too valuable to waste on a sideways-ish trade.

i was unable to look at any team sheets before the lockout in R1, and submitted my team on monday, my only knowledge was last years form and Tippaz Big Dream Team Preview. going by that my forward line looks like this:

Brad Jono
N Riewoldt
M Pavlich
L Franklin
B Hall
C. Ryoli
L. Jetta

K. Tippet
R. Tarrant LOL i think trading him for Hill is a no-brainer for my 1st trade for 2008

Hawkins to Hill :thumbsu:

In a game where Geelong dominated and won by 99 points, Hawkins could only kick 2 behinds :thumbsdown:
Even if he is playing Melbourne this week,he looks as if he'll be too up and down.

In a game where Geelong dominated and won by 99 points, Hawkins could only kick 2 behinds
Even if he is playing Melbourne this week,he looks as if he'll be too up and down.

yea i agree, as much as Hawkins reminds us of Plugger, and i'd love to see him be the next Big Forward to Kick 1000 goals. even tho its only been 2 games, thers still plenty of time for him 2 make an impact this year. i dnt think this is gna be his yr. im gna get on him next yr

The Hill dilemna is causing a few headaches isn't it. For me there are 3 categories people fall into:

- The ones who had Hill from the outset. Probably in the minority, kudos to them they may have a headstart now.

- The ones who don't have him but have other rookies who are cooking like Rioli, Gamble etc. and have a good forward line, no injuries etc. This is tough as temptation is to do a side trade or downgrade. Any eventual benefit is reduced as you are going to get rid of a smaller cash cow. Hard to justify the trade but because of original good choices that trade is their reward so why trade it.

- The ones who picked dud rookies or have had injuries. This makes the decision easier and most likely will be the ones to load up on this. However will have paid the price of a trade for the original dud pick, even with a trade they are still behind the two above.

Remove this Banner Ad

cash cows for the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back