Racing Caulfield Cup 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not so sure Buckaroo wont get the trip. He looked as strong through the line as anything in the turnbull bar Via S, who is 2nd favourite for the Cox and an elite form reference. Was clearly stronger than Eliyass through the line and other key rivals he will meet here.
He was outstayed by Via late there. His only go at the trip he was basically pulled up just after the line. And he's by Fastnet Rock

For mine Buckaroo had VS on toast at the 200 and she came back underneath him which isn't ideal.

For all the guesswork of whether he looks like he will run it or not though I'm putting the most stock in the one previous run where we have actually seem him attempt it and he quite clearly did not stay 2400. Whether he is going better or not now is irrelevant because he was going OK then and clearly regressed when stepping up to 2400 so can only assume he will regress from his level this prep too

The 2 that knuckled it out in the Metrop.

The European form around SS.

I just see the distance being a huge query about Buckaroo, he ran a respectable race in the Tancred (which was his only go over 2400) and then they put him into a 2000m race the next start. It is a genuine query, it has to be.

Pre gelding form is irrelevent i would have thought.

He's a different horse his last three starts and is improving with each run.

FWIW he was beaten less then two lengths in the Tancred. Not running the distance is a stretch.

Pre gelding form is irrelevent i would have thought.

He's a different horse his last three starts and is improving with each run.

FWIW he was beaten less then two lengths in the Tancred. Not running the distance is a stretch.

Nah he didn't run the trip. Tancred was absolute garbage going in and that was before Post Impresssionist went backwards. Did no work out the back, started to run on and then the likes of Athabascan and Ashrun came back under him to beat him home

Nah he didn't run the trip. Tancred was absolute garbage going in and that was before Post Impresssionist went backwards. Did no work out the back, started to run on and then the likes of Athabascan and Ashrun came back under him to beat him home

How do you see value in the current market Jug? Early value selections have shortened as predicted. Anything you like at current quotes?

How do you see value in the current market Jug? Early value selections have shortened as predicted. Anything you like at current quotes?
Probably Zardozi still at around 8. Most of the value gone with the ones I like though. Not a lot could even put in the tail end of exotics. Maybe at a stretch Coco Sun getting out to 50s

Kingsley B all over Buckaroo. Diff thread but the Wolfden gang were stripped clean in the 2022 MC at COTC, and had 6 or 7 going last year including WOF resulting in a loss of just on $7k (bout $150k outlay). If Kingsley and co all over Buckaroo look elsewhere 😂 I’m cheering SS, unfortunately took the cups double as well and looks like it’ll pull up stumps after Saturday.

Probably Zardozi still at around 8. Most of the value gone with the ones I like though. Not a lot could even put in the tail end of exotics. Maybe at a stretch Coco Sun getting out to 50s

Assuming we’re racing on a soft+ Z has to be a hope, Atzeni the query first time at the Heath - gets a look in the second.

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing Caulfield Cup 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back