Central Highlands FL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

SORRY IT WAS BUNINYONG/NEWLYN GAME.

Central Highlands Football League

epodotrSsnumh780020gah0gmt9g61im6im479g905algi31mt5ii78a16al ·
Brandt CHFL Round 1 Update
Due to injury to a player requiring ambulance treatment in the Buninyong vs Newlyn senior match the AFL Laws of the Game rule for a match which is unable to restart after 30 minutes delay was applied.
Where the game is not able to restart after 30 minutes and the match is before half time the match will be classed as a draw (2 points each) and the scores at the time of the stopping of the match are used for the purposes of percentage calculations.

Having moved to Gordon last year I took up a membership and got to most games. Bought another membership for this year and they have started well again. As they had the bye this week I headed to Dunnstown v Springbank and early on it looked like Dunnstown were a level above Springbank but the 2nd half was closer but Dunnstown won comfortably. Have Dunnstown improved since last year or have Springbank lost a step as they are 0-2 to start the season

Having moved to Gordon last year I took up a membership and got to most games. Bought another membership for this year and they have started well again. As they had the bye this week I headed to Dunnstown v Springbank and early on it looked like Dunnstown were a level above Springbank but the 2nd half was closer but Dunnstown won comfortably. Have Dunnstown improved since last year or have Springbank lost a step as they are 0-2 to start the season
Hopefully you can post more mate as this thread is very quiet..

Last edited:

Caught the last quarter of the Gordon and Springbank game on Saturday and was pleasantly surprised that it was only a 7 point margin at 3/4 in favour of Gordon. Gordon's accuracy certainly helped. The last quarter was also an even affair with the ball going up and down the ground. Gordon snuck out to a 17 point lead but a couple of quick goals brough it back to under a goal. Gordon kicked the last goal and prevailed (14.5.89 to 11.12.78).

Daylesford would have to be kicking themselves after the weekend looking at the scores. 1.10 in the second half, would have been a big win against a top 4 opponent

Can anyone see the CHFL offering an arm around the shoulder of Maryborough and inviting them into the fold?

They are not viable at Bendigo league level and their bid to join the MCDFNL was defeated by a 9-4 margin.

It would be sad to see a club with a history like that fall by the wayside.

Can anyone see the CHFL offering an arm around the shoulder of Maryborough and inviting them into the fold?

They are not viable at Bendigo league level and their bid to join the MCDFNL was defeated by a 9-4 margin.

Possibly Mortlock but most clubs think the league is too big now at 17 clubs. Distance and reluctance to expand to 18 will be the resistance points of the CHFL clubs I fear.
Tipping Dunnstown to beat Hepburn away today.
Lost by six points. Pretty good effort out there it would seem. Hepburn on 34 points and then fifth to eighth all on 32. It's a big league but it's tighter than most in the finals chase.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost by six points. Pretty good effort out there it would seem. Hepburn on 34 points and then fifth to eighth all on 32. It's a big league but it's tighter than most in the finals chase.
No score from either team in the last quarter. Reckon there were more smothers in one game of football today than I’ve seen in all the games I’ve watched in the last two years!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

sad indeed but if 16-17 teams isnt too many to compromise a fixture then unless it resets to every team play each other once adding anymore is crazy. saying that the afl havent been ahead of all this across many parts of the state i get the clubs pay fees etc but totaly owning votes on clubs future seems too pwoerful. complete carve up was needed whilst covid sat us home. explain to clubs why the need is was important and by now logistically clubs leagues etc are well past any issues and new relationships traditions and community sport has continud.

So by my reckoning Buninyong, Clunes, Learmonth, Skipton, Springbank and Waubra are in the market for a new coach.
Rokewood Corindhap already announced Spider Moloney is finishing to be replaced by Den Ouden and Murphy.
Any news on who the clubs in the coach market are looking at?

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Highlands FL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back