Central Highlands Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks to be a vast improvement across the league this year with not too many teams going backwards. my take on each club from rumors and what ive heard is as follows

Hepburn-Look to have lost very few, altho Newton will be a big loss if thats true. Don't know that they have recruited many but they were such a force in 08 that they'll be favourites for 09 regardless.
Prediction; 1-3
Daylesford-Haven't heard anything concrete about the dogs altho there are rumors are flying around of a few big losses. always a strong club however and should be thereabouts come september
Prediction; 2-5
Learmonth- Not far off in 08 and look to have signed a few in 09. Genuine threats if they can generate some consistancy.
Prediction; 1-3
Waubra-Will be the droppers in 09 of the top sides imo. Haven't heard much in the way of recruiting and may have lost a few. Some good young kids coming through however.
Prediction; 4-8
Buninyong-Have been talked about a bit over the off-season but rumor has it DenOuden is going overseas and some of the recruits may not be as handy as talked up. Still a big dark horse in 2009 with plenty of depth they'll be amongst the finalists i think.
Prediction; 4-7
Dunnstown-seem to have lost big numbers on the other side of the mountain and may struggle to see september action in 09. perhaps the big sliders of the year?
Prediction; 6-9
Bungaree-Just the two losses from the Bunga side in 09 and a host of new blood in both kids and recruits see the demons as a virtual unknown. Should be there september. Will either be the big improvers or big disappoinment of 09
Prediction; 3-7
Beaufort-The crows have signed a few good players over the summer as well as regaining dual StPatrick's College Best and Fairest and former Rebel Ben Hayes back to the ranks. Should be a part of the finals race in 09
Prediction; 5-9
Newlyn-New coaching panel including Ex-Daylesford premiership coach Phil Davis and Former AFL star Shaun Smith should see the Cats thereabouts in 09 as well. Similar to Bungaree in the unknown of how they'll perform this season but should be thereabouts.
Prediction; 3-7
Ballan-Have been rumored to be recruiting well but may be well behind the 8ball in terms of making the finals.
Prediction; 9-11
Clunes-Haven't heard much of Clunes over the off-season although i'm sure Kinnersly will have them in much better shape than 08. Tough to see them posing any real threat however.
Prediction; 9-12
Gordon-Showed a bit from the youth in 08 and have plenty of young talent coming through. Too early for them to become a force yet but 6 wins would be a realistic target.
Prediction; 9-14
Springbank-Hit the track before any other club in 09 and heard to be offering a bit of coin but the Tigers will need something special to lift them off the bottom and into finals contention. Unknown on how far up they'll come but finals would appear unlikely
Prediction; 10-14
Creswick-Not much happening for the wickers this year if reports are true. Will struggle this year.
Prediction; 13-14

Hopefully that gets some speculation about 2009 going, been a bit quiet around here lately
Very interesting views here. Daylesford have lost a couple i have heard from their grand final team. Those being David Thompson, age 34, retired. And Paul Cook, also retired, around the same age. Should really struggle!!! From what i see they are looking not to bad, so sorry bungareepremiers06. Timmy 32 can you answer these questions. Is it true that the James brothers owe you two games when they come back for money paid to them to travel up to Darwin, and if so is it true or speculation that they are coming back to play those two games then head back to Darwin? Plus is Andy McKay going back to the Marsh because of pressure by Doug Hawkins? Just rumours floating around spa country. If it is true they would be some big losses to cover, but like you have said, they have all signed. Beaufort will be the big improver and be the only team that will come in and fill the top 6. Everyone else is way off the mark.

"Don't forget, we could be a pack of pricks and refuse his clearance, after all isn't that what most clubs do? So without trying to pump up our tyres too much ... We are better than going down that track."

Why did you stop Toby Hughses clearance to Daylesford then last year??? He wanted to go and could have played in a senior GF last year and made a difference (not the difference). You dragged him out in front of your tribunal and intimidated him, denied his clearance and made him wait another year playing in the 2's befor letting him join a club which develops it juniors. So truth be told you go down that track a lot.

Don't know about losing credibility... but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I will go to my grave knowing that our GF senior 22, all agreed to terms for the 09 season. That still doesn't stop other clubs trying to poach whatever they can.. that's the name of the game..we all do that..
Very disapointing, that Sam wants to return to Darley, he is a champion footballer and a champion bloke. The club wishes him the best of luck in his endeavors wanting to play a higher standard of football, and there is no doubt he will succeed at that level. The match up against Dan Jordan will be a beauty. ( he doesn't fail against the big opponents ). Don't forget, we could be a pack of pricks and refuse his clearance, after all isn't that what most clubs do? So without trying to pump up our tyres too much ... We are better than going down that track. You treat your senior premiership members with respect, especially when you consider everything Sam has done for us over the years. ( you cant replace a Sam Newton, he is the whole package, and the people within our club know what i mean by that ) Who knows he might return to the Burra again one day.

The match up against Dan Jordan will be a beauty. ( he doesn't fail against the big opponents ).

You are kidding yourself mate. Dan Jordan will eat Newton alive! Mate there is a huge difference between CHFL and BFL! As for "he doesn't fail against the big opponents" Leigh Brown has smashed him every time he has played on him so check your facts!

Good to hear Waubra are going along well. I think Beuafort will have a good year, hearing some positive things. Not sure about the final 6. I guess more teams in the finals is good, third placed team will have to turn up to play first final or a good season will go down the drain fast.

On a slightly different topic, who will be the better midfielders and forwards going around this year. Teams or individiuals.

The match up against Dan Jordan will be a beauty. ( he doesn't fail against the big opponents ).

You are kidding yourself mate. Dan Jordan will eat Newton alive! Mate there is a huge difference between CHFL and BFL! As for "he doesn't fail against the big opponents" Leigh Brown has smashed him every time he has played on him so check your facts!
I agree there is a big difference between the league's . It will still be a great match up. This year we only played Waubra once, Sam actually got concussed accidently before the opening bounce, played the 1st quarter, then didn't take any part in the remainder of the match.Brown did get off to a good start that day, Sam even short passed kicking out from full back and hit Brown on the chest who was standing on the mark. He was immediatly taken from the field. Matt Dillon played on Brown thereafter and kept him goaless for the remainder of the match. Sam was overseas in 07, and thats where Brown took full advantage bagging a heap in round 1. Big Shep got him the next game and kept him to 2 goals. Shep had him again in the Semi Final, then tore his hammy in the 2nd quarter. Brown kicked a few in the second half of that game. Waubra were the power team in 06, and Sam won the honours in their battles, even the GF where we were thrashed by 80 odd points , Brown only managed to kick his 2nd goal for the day in the dying minutes of that match. NOW THEY ARE THE FACTS.
As for Salesi, the James boys and Andy McKay, we only have to wait until 1st of Feb, clearances open then, so i guess you will know what is a rumour and what isn't.
Toby and his father met with the club before the season, and both wanted to stay at Hepburn. ( well thats what they told us ) there was absoutly no intimidation. The coach there at the time Phil Davis was trying to recruit him, and he trained a couple of times with them. Phil tried to get him out at Newlyn this year, but he has decided to play with Daylesford. So now he has that chance to make that difference Ferrit is talking about.

Top six is all that matters now and there will be a gap between six and seven in my opinion. This is how my predictions will go for the finals.

1.Hepburn: Will finish on top again with a loss to usual suspects Daylesford and I think Leamonth will get one back this year also. Will finish on top with percentage. This position is due to, I don't want to say it a good coach a ruthless recruiting team and money bags. Will lose a few key players but may pick up some more Dillion brothers if rumors are correct. Big Key for them is keeping Sheps hamstrings right for finals because without him in defence forward lines would open them up like a can of worms in September.

2.Daylesford: Not going to give you to much but we are always in the hunt and have some real hunger this year. Luke Beattie has got our full attention.

3. Leamonth: May be building to something big but if they make it to the last day in September they will shirley lose. They always seem to fall that little bit short especially with injuries to key players AJ and Timmy at the end of the year. Neither are getting any younger and haven't finished a season healthy in a few years. Maybe its time to come back to the old club and bolster an already established list. May have picked up a few guns according to the coach. Wont go backwards.

4.Waubra: Love playing these boys its always competitive and they live in each others back pocket just like us. Fridge isn't getting any quicker but doesn't need to he will always be a threat but will need to find some help because its to easy to shut down one big forward by Zoning. I heard a roomer dirty jumper (Liston) was moving on if so big hole to fill with his in and under and awesome disposal. Wish u all the best If we don't win it I hope you do.

5.Beaufort: I think have built up fast in a few years and with a few more recruits will make it mid way through finals. Problem with Beaufort is its such a young list by the look it will take a few years for them to jell. Quite a solid side physically but may just be outsmarted by older heads.

6. Buninyoung: Have a strong club list and with a few recruits may be OK. Need another key forward to help Tranquillie out because by himself like Lee Brown is to easy to Zone into. They will play finals and will be OK but I just cant see them making a real dent. Probably need to put in the paper they have signed a few more guns to build self confidence.

All the best to the rest I hope you do prove me wrong and make the top six not at Daylesfords expense though.

Thanks DfordDog by the map I wonder if thats the Oval ya can see when you go by train i might go and check it out more to get to know where it is I'm joining BFUA this year after 4 years with the WFUA
glad they car pool who ever i go with if i'm driving they can give me directions ;) only need to be told once then i'll bve fine ;)
I know what its like getting lost especally small towns you think they are easy to find but not always ;)
they need signs i know some do some don't they would help

has the draw comeout yet?

Craig,

"Is the draw out? Where can we get a look at it??

Interesting top 6 ferrit. Are the Beachams going around in the CHFL this year? They would be getting up around 32 or 33, injuries aside 32 or 33 is too young to pull the pin in the CHFL.

I don't think Beaufort will have the lack of experience that they might have had last year. So Hepburn and Daylesford the teams to beat.'

Beachams are going around again, AJ has a brand new shoulder and will player/coach the Lakies ounce again to a finals berth.Tim will be back from his achilles suffered in the finals. Timmy is a very versatile and is hard to match up on when he goes in the middle due to his size and ability.

Good I look forward to Beaufort's game, they have gotten progressively better since I've seen them. Hope its at Daylesford though because their ground was seriously uneven and rocky almost dangerous. The clubhouse is the envy of the league though, maybe apart from Buninyoung.

Top six is all that matters now and there will be a gap between six and seven in my opinion. This is how my predictions will go for the finals.

1.Hepburn: Will finish on top again with a loss to usual suspects Daylesford and I think Leamonth will get one back this year also. Will finish on top with percentage. This position is due to, I don't want to say it a good coach a ruthless recruiting team and money bags. Will lose a few key players but may pick up some more Dillion brothers if rumors are correct. Big Key for them is keeping Sheps hamstrings right for finals because without him in defence forward lines would open them up like a can of worms in September.

2.Daylesford: Not going to give you to much but we are always in the hunt and have some real hunger this year. Luke Beattie has got our full attention.

3. Leamonth: May be building to something big but if they make it to the last day in September they will shirley lose. They always seem to fall that little bit short especially with injuries to key players AJ and Timmy at the end of the year. Neither are getting any younger and haven't finished a season healthy in a few years. Maybe its time to come back to the old club and bolster an already established list. May have picked up a few guns according to the coach. Wont go backwards.

4.Waubra: Love playing these boys its always competitive and they live in each others back pocket just like us. Fridge isn't getting any quicker but doesn't need to he will always be a threat but will need to find some help because its to easy to shut down one big forward by Zoning. I heard a roomer dirty jumper (Liston) was moving on if so big hole to fill with his in and under and awesome disposal. Wish u all the best If we don't win it I hope you do.

5.Beaufort: I think have built up fast in a few years and with a few more recruits will make it mid way through finals. Problem with Beaufort is its such a young list by the look it will take a few years for them to jell. Quite a solid side physically but may just be outsmarted by older heads.

6. Buninyoung: Have a strong club list and with a few recruits may be OK. Need another key forward to help Tranquillie out because by himself like Lee Brown is to easy to Zone into. They will play finals and will be OK but I just cant see them making a real dent. Probably need to put in the paper they have signed a few more guns to build self confidence.

All the best to the rest I hope you do prove me wrong and make the top six not at Daylesfords expense though.

Have heard a rumor of Jacob Ewart moving back home, if true will leave a massive hole in Beauforts back line along with leigh Murphy leaving to go to Perth, not all sounds positive out at Beaufort.

My top 6 will be as below-

Learmonth
Daylesford
Hepburn
Buninyong
Bungaree
Waubra

Cant see Beaufort being much of a threat.

Any other movements from other clubs? coming or going??

I had a successfull day i went for a drive to Bungaree and found their oval with no problems , I went to Wallace and hey presto found the Springbank ground, went to Gordon found that ok, last one i found was Ballan i thought i'd check them all out so know half the locations now
Wonder if Wallace ever had a team or if that ground always been just
Springbank?

cheers

Andyt31- We appreciate you coming on making your presence felt, however, we dont give a flying F%@* that you went for a drive, you went here you went there, how many sheep in the paddock you saw, that there were one to many steep hills, this is a football forum if you want to chat to other umpires make a blog yourself, unless you have productive and reliable information we dont want to hear from you again...

I don;t give a **** and who is We as Far I can see its Just U so think twice of what you write I don;t appreciate the way you talk to me so I'll return the favour

Andyt31- We appreciate you coming on making your presence felt, however, we dont give a flying F%@* that you went for a drive, you went here you went there, how many sheep in the paddock you saw, that there were one to many steep hills, this is a football forum if you want to chat to other umpires make a blog yourself, unless you have productive and reliable information we dont want to hear from you again...

Andyt13 are you drunk?

Back on footy, When do clubs go back into training? I see Buninyong kick off tonight. Its a long time between now and September, the team who is dedicated the most between now and then will be holding the cup on GF day. good luck to all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andyt13 are you drunk?

Back on footy, When do clubs go back into training? I see Buninyong kick off tonight. Its a long time between now and September, the team who is dedicated the most between now and then will be holding the cup on GF day. good luck to all.

Learmonth strat back on Wednesday 28th January. Finished up on December 17 last year so a bit over a months break with all players given a program over the break to stick too. Beep test 1st night back to determine who has done the work and if not, they wont see the balls.

Also driving around Gordon, Springbank etc..... Andy get a life, better off to a drive around the nudy bars rather than spending your days looking at ovals in the pre-season. Anyway out of teh grounds you saw, what do you think is BEST!!!

Andyt13 are you drunk?

Daylesford are back next Tuesday.

Have heard a rumor of Jacob Ewart moving back home, if true will leave a massive hole in Beauforts back line along with leigh Murphy leaving to go to Perth, not all sounds positive out at Beaufort.

My top 6 will be as below-

Learmonth
Daylesford
Hepburn
Buninyong
Bungaree
Waubra

Cant see Beaufort being much of a threat.

Any other movements from other clubs? coming or going??

How many players have bunga picked up ? 18 ?
coz they were 15 goals off the pace...

my top 4 in any order
Hepburn
Learmonth
Waubra
Daylesford.

All are keeping the recruits very quiet.
These sides also have the runs on the board and haven't lost many players.
It will all just depend who can keep their best 21 fit and on the park.

Interesting that since 05, the team that has finished 3rd has gone on to win it the following year.

05 waubra
06 daylesford
07 Hepburn

Could Learmonth break the drought?????

Ud have to be a Hepburn supporter wouldnt you?

Don't forget I'm New to this area nothing worse then getting lost on game day lol not so much ballarat club grounds but the out of town places
Ballan's not bad glad they got permanet flag Holders joint to the goal posts wish all clubs would follow suit since its their responsobilitys
easier then just sticking them in the padding depending if its got straps which is fine I'm joing BFUA this Year so probly get to see games from both Ballarat & Central Highlands Waubras not too bad i already know where that is Learmonth not bad either springbanks not too bad
can't pick a bad ground somegrounds got those shocking yellow daisys

hard to talk about anything since I only been here since like Christmas so give me a break a bit hard when i lived up in the wimmera least i didn't have problems with any posters on their I posted so much there

OMG are you serious? Your talking about flag holders. Please do not speak until you have seen at least one game of local football.

Anyone from Beaufort confirm the departure of Ewart?

Don't forget I'm New to this area nothing worse then getting lost on game day lol not so much ballarat club grounds but the out of town places
Ballan's not bad glad they got permanet flag Holders joint to the goal posts wish all clubs would follow suit since its their responsobilitys
easier then just sticking them in the padding depending if its got straps which is fine I'm joing BFUA this Year so probly get to see games from both Ballarat & Central Highlands Waubras not too bad i already know where that is Learmonth not bad either springbanks not too bad
can't pick a bad ground somegrounds got those shocking yellow daisys

hard to talk about anything since I only been here since like Christmas so give me a break a bit hard when i lived up in the wimmera least i didn't have problems with any posters on their I posted so much there
Please stay on here, never come to the BFL thread

Andyt13 are you drunk?

Andyt in a deadset pest he has a record of annoying the crap out of people with his useless pathetic posts in the WFL, i remember an incident in a junior WFL Grand Final you umpired in 07 which came down to the wire Andyt. It hasnt been confirmed you were the one involved but alot of people are pretty confident.

Hopefully the BFL doesnt send you out to the CHFL we get worst umpires enough as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back