Central Highlands Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i didn't know that Luke's name was banned from the site... i was just pointing out to juniorboy that Luke won the CHFL B&F in 2006 when they finished 3rd and again in 2007 when they were premiers.
Geez its touchy around here these days.

Apparently 'the golden boy" adams's name can't be mentioned in a negative manner,i got red carded for expressing my thoughts about him.OH well win some lose some!!!luke will win the medal easily he is by far the best and fairest footballer in the land and a ripper of a bloke also!!(that should get me back in the good books;))i must go now i need a spew

Apparently 'the golden boy" adams's name can't be mentioned in a negative manner,i got red carded for expressing my thoughts about him.OH well win some lose some!!!luke will win the medal easily he is by far the best and fairest footballer in the land and a ripper of a bloke also!!(that should get me back in the good books;))i must go now i need a spew
Well thats what you get for eating too much di@k and swallowing

I think either McKay from Hepburn, Bones from Beaufort or Sawers from Dunnstown will be the medal. All three are genuine stars of the league and would be deserving winners. I hope Cummings from Bungaree doesn't win, although a nice bloke, doesn't compare to the talented trio. However, stranger things have happened......

All players mentioned could all well figure in this years medal should be a close one I hope. Luke Adams best maybe but definately not fairest. Mckay and Cox definate chances, but watch for the dark horse from Hepburn NO.1. O' Halloran has had a great consistent season from all reports his only problem being the sharing of votes with his team mates could spoil any of there chances. ???

All players mentioned could all well figure in this years medal should be a close one I hope. Luke Adams best maybe but definately not fairest. Mckay and Cox definate chances, but watch for the dark horse from Hepburn NO.1. O' Halloran has had a great consistent season from all reports his only problem being the sharing of votes with his team mates could spoil any of there chances. ???

In a season that has so far shown a lot of the teams have had many consistent players I feel that total amount of votes gathered by the Medal winner ( could well be a two, or even three way tie ) will not be a huge tally. Based on these thoughts, I reckon a " smokey " , # 23 from the Burras could be a big chance. He is a stand out player, dynamic, fearless, consistent and ( hard, but ) fair. ... much to the shagrin of his detractors, the likes of which more than likely have turned the attention of the umpires towards him with the opposite effect than was originally intended.
In saying that, I would think that Daniel James would also gather a good few votes.... absolutely the most consistent player the Burras' have had over four or five seasons.. the consumate " Never Say Die " fair player.

Regardless of my one-eyed opinions, I wish the best of luck to all those who put the interests of ''fair play'' first and ''win at all costs'' second.

It's cold in the "kennel" tonight, best go see if the *itch is on heat.
icon12.gif

Having a bloke like Rodney Watts win the medal would be massive. He has been a top player for Ballan for years! I thoroughly enjoy watching him play, but also fear being in his area when the ball is in the air because you may find yourself being 'that guy' that Wattsy took his weekly hanger on! A true hard at it pocket dynamo. All this aside he Will not win the medal. Still going with Mckay although Wilson always seems to poll.
icon5.gif

wattsy is in the best form since coming to CHFL i think he would be a top 3 finish in the league, also a chance to snatch the league goal kicking with the bankers and gordon to play his a big chance, he won the in his first medal in his first year and 3rd the following year.

although i think it will finish
1 mckay
2 s mullane
3 watts
4 cox / cantwell as a smokie for the first4

anyone else have any top 4.

wattsy is in the best form since coming to CHFL i think he would be a top 3 finish in the league, also a chance to snatch the league goal kicking with the bankers and gordon to play his a big chance, he won the in his first medal in his first year and 3rd the following year.

although i think it will finish
1 mckay
2 s mullane
3 watts
4 cox / cantwell as a smokie for the first4

anyone else have any top 4.

Lot of forwards have kicked the ton in past years and not got anywhere near winning the medal. Watts is nowhere near the 100 and ballan have only won a handfull of games so he won't win. Not sure whether Mckay has had that good a year either. Sawers or Adams for me. Cummins next.

i think we all agree that this years finals series is shaping as one of the best ever. The CHFL's first season as a final 6. But im about to contradict myself here i think, by saying my next comments....i am a final 5 fan. and i still believe the team that finishes on top is the only side that deserves the weeks rest. Even if that is Daylesford. And i bet all the top 5 sides would love to see Waubra ( 6th) out of the finals, ( if thats where they eventually finish )
But what amuses me is the sides that voted for the final 5 to be kept ( with the exception of Lmnth ) are all in the finals. AND the sides that wanted the 6, still arn't good enough to make it, even though it has been made easier for them. Im not having a crack at the Creswick's or Gordon's here. But the Bungaree's and Beaufort's should have done a lot better.. maybe they will put a motion forward for a final 8!
Dunnstown on the other hand, were predicted by most to slide down the ladder this season, voted to keep the 5, and worked their butts off to stay up there. . They keep defying the odds and are sitting 5th. Well done Towners.
I have no doubt that this years finals series will prove the 6 to be a huge success for 09. but i still like the old 5 system. Just my thoughts..
My tip for the CHFL B&F .... Aaron Bones

The debate for the final five vs the final six will be around for years to come. Some people be they right or wrong can not see the argument for something that is not to their liking. Just human nature i suppose. My view is you are more than likely only going to get your eventual premier from the top 3. It is just to many hard games week after week to win it from any lower. On another subject i cant see Sawers from the town winning the medal purely judged on the basis he has not been getting in their best for some time. Although as we all know the umpires do tend to view games differently to others. Bones would have to be a real show, but just cant seem to look beyond Mckay for some reason. Judging by fellow posters we seem to all be heading for a smaller onballer to win the medal.It does seem hard for the big ruckmen or key position players to reap the rewards for all of their hard work. All in all we are approaching one of the most even and anticipated finals series for some time!

Disagree Timmy (re: top 6) too many ordinary sides in the finals.

On Saturdays effort A.Bones would be a worthy B&F winner

One Ballarat SP bookie saying Bulldogs unbeatable for flag and that LA will go very
very close to another medal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cox, McKay, Wedding will take votes away from each other. My top 5-
1-Bones
2-Jose
3-Coleman
4-Cummins
5-One of the Hepburn lads

I agree Bones and Jose for B&F, two very worthy candidates.

Seeing as there is one round left, how do we rate the performances this year. Which side has been the most improved, most impressive, most disappointing, under rated, over rated etc.

Daylesford & Hepburn have both been excellent, as expected.
Learmonth pumped their own tyres up early on and subsequently they have fallen off the wagon.
Dunnstown have surprised a few people, they were expected to drop a few places on the ladder from last year after losing a few but have subsequently worked hard and have risen up the ladder.
Beaufort have been ok, I thought they may have played finals footy this year though.

I think that Dunnstown would have to be a bit of a surprise with most people including myself expecting them to slide down the ladder considerably. Beaufort and Bunga would have to be very disappointed to miss out on finals. Both of these teams have very capable lists but just seem to lack the consitency to play finals. Ballan are probably another team to have impressed with the list they have on their books. It really is shaping up to be a cracking final series with 3 or 4 really good sides who each seem to match up well against fellow finalists. Lets just hope the best games for the year are played over the next month or so and no blow outs!

It seems that Learmonth will stop at nothing in search of there first CHFL Premiership. After instigating 2 league investigations themselves, perhaps it is time they were the ones who are investigated!

Word on the street is that Kennely's brother was named on the team sheet for the Learmonth 2's when they played Ballan, without actually being in the same postcode! He has played one legitimate game against Gordon and is to play another game this weekend. Surely the CHFL cannot allow a player who has only played 2 games to qualify for finals. Not to mention how some poor bastard for Learmonth is going to feel once he loses he's spot to someone who is not supposed to be there!

This is a bloke from Werribee VFL who they believe will stop a Cox, Button, Tranquilli or Brown in an all important final.

It seems very hypocritical to me that Beacham is trying this when he's brother, who was once in charge of the BFL, informed Redan FC in 2003 that it in order for Dru Quinlan to qualify for finals he was forced to play with the dreaded Osteitis Pubis for 3 games.

Surely this is not within the spirit of the game, and i wonder how Werribee would feel about this? I'm not sure about anyone else but I don't take too kindly to cheats!

It seems that Learmonth will stop at nothing in search of there first CHFL Premiership. After instigating 2 league investigations themselves, perhaps it is time they were the ones who are investigated!

Word on the street is that Kennely's brother was named on the team sheet for the Learmonth 2's when they played Ballan, without actually being in the same postcode! He has played one legitimate game against Gordon and is to play another game this weekend. Surely the CHFL cannot allow a player who has only played 2 games to qualify for finals. Not to mention how some poor bastard for Learmonth is going to feel once he loses he's spot to someone who is not supposed to be there!

This is a bloke from Werribee VFL who they believe will stop a Cox, Button, Tranquilli or Brown in an all important final.

It seems very hypocritical to me that Beacham is trying this when he's brother, who was once in charge of the BFL, informed Redan FC in 2003 that it in order for Dru Quinlan to qualify for finals he was forced to play with the dreaded Osteitis Pubis for 3 games.

Surely this is not within the spirit of the game, and i wonder how Werribee would feel about this? I'm not sure about anyone else but I don't take too kindly to cheats!

How is it hypocritcal of Aj Beacham when it was his brother Tim who enforced that rule. For it to be hypocritical it would have had to been Aj making those decisions in 2003. Im guessing this comment is coming from someone at Bungaree (JR).

Well it would appear Learmonth are going all out to win the elusive flag! Kennely is reportedly a very handy player, however personally i think it will take more than him to secure the Lakies a premiership. Having witnessed them first hand at close to their worst this year and speaking with other players i beleive the game plan they implement is going to be the biggest problem for them. Just can't see it hlding up under the intense finals footy pressure. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Cargnham Linton tried the same thing a few years ago with Ryan Head from Nth Ballarat and got found out and the plan was scuttled. Rather than worry about it, whichever club plays Learmonth in the finals should just wait for the result - if they beat them it doesn't matter, if Learmonth win then get the VCFL involved and Learmonth get disqualified for playing an ineligable player. I'd be wrapped with that situation. You can't lose.

just curious, is it 3 games total seniors/reserves to qualify?
or if you play 2 in each seniors and reserves (4 games total) and you wouldn't be qualified to play? as have not played 3 in either.

is anyone certain upon the rules?

great scoop Jugs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back