Central Highlands Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hepburn v Beaufort; 10 goals, Beaufort's season will start after the break.
Daylesford v Dunnstown; 4 goals, Daylesford with some work to do against the top sides.
C Linton v Ballan; 5 goals, too good for Ballan I think
Newlyn v Clunes; No idea really here, should be a good indication of where Clunes are at
Rokewood v Bunninyong; 4 goals, Buninyong maybe not travelling as well as people think, will still get home here
Skipton v Illabarook; 2 goals. Skipton's in's have all come through the two's i think, looks to be a weaker team on paper than last week
Springbank V Bungaree;
Waubra v Gordon; Waubra easy, Gordon back down to earth
Learmonth v Creswick; 4 goals. Creswick to give the Lakies a scare

Buninyong scraped home in a high scoring game to win by 2 pts
Beaufort won by 8 pts
Daylesford won by 20 pt
Carngham by 93 pts
Newlyn by 4 pts
Bungaree by 62 pts
Waubra by 145 pts

learmonth wernt outclassed.. i went and watched this game on the weekend and it was a tight contest all day, the scoreboard doesnt tell the storey, Im not linked to either club but in my opinion learmonth were punnished by the the umpires. Hepburn were given free kicks for absolutly nothing and learmonth couldnt buy one. 8 goals to hepburn would have come from the poor umpiring. Sure they did deserve to win but should have been a margain of less than 5 goals.
Learmonths delivery to their fowards was sh*thouse. Their new recruits from lakers were good expecialy daniel mcmahon for a 36 year old he will have a big influence on this comp. Pat mcguigan is way too good for this leauge

What happened this week Bob? Punished by the umpires again? Perhaps Creswick read your post on Mcguigan and did a 5 man tag on the superstar?

What happened this week Bob? Punished by the umpires again? Perhaps Creswick read your post on Mcguigan and did a 5 man tag on the superstar?

Undiscipline, selfish footballers cost learmonth last night, nothing else. Saying that, the wickers deserved to win, were the much better side after quarter time.

I Believe results will indicate Lexton Plains was even weaker then people give it credit for by mid season... previous premiers Skipton for the spoon????

Buninyong appear a little under done at the moment so I wouldn't get to carried away.

Quite a lot of turnover at Skipton over summer, or a lot of injuries keeping some of their better players off the park. Wasn't too many premiership players in the lineup either of the first 2 rounds. Reserving judgement here.

Excellent effort by Beaufort to turn around a sound loss in round 1 to knock off the reigning champs.

Dunnstown Daylesford sounds like it was a good match, anyone at the game, what/who were the difference makers?

Bungaree two +10 goal wins on the trot and travelling nicely, anyone see their game v Springbank on the weekend?

Waubra also sent out a fair old reality check to Gordon, big statement from them.

Also closely fought wins for Creswick and Newlyn. Creswick improved or Learmonth just havent improved as much as people predicted? And from the paper sounds like a gutsy win for Newlyn given they had 2 blokes off concussed in the last 1/4.

Anyone who attended games care to give us some reports?

Also closely fought wins for Creswick and Newlyn. Creswick improved or Learmonth just havent improved as much as people predicted? And from the paper sounds like a gutsy win for Newlyn given they had 2 blokes off concussed in the last 1/4.

Anyone who attended games care to give us some reports?[/QUOTE]

Newlyn clunes game was riddled with injuries: newlyn had 2 concussions:
Clunes looked to be flying in the second half but only had 1 fit player on the pine. The had a snapped leg( hour wait for ambulance on ground) a dislocated kneecap and a leader off with a soft tissue. Wasn't the most skillful game. Probably a show of where the sides are early season. Both sides looked young and quick but the upside for clunes is a handful of players to come in.
Also the newlyn ground is in great nick

I see Jaye Cahir has put in a clearance. Didn't he get nominated for life membership last week? Something fishy there
I can't get my head around half these results anyway its great. Entertaining stuff and interesting times ahead

Quite a lot of turnover at Skipton over summer, or a lot of injuries keeping some of their better players off the park. Wasn't too many premiership players in the lineup either of the first 2 rounds. Reserving judgement here.

Excellent effort by Beaufort to turn around a sound loss in round 1 to knock off the reigning champs.

Dunnstown Daylesford sounds like it was a good match, anyone at the game, what/who were the difference makers?

Bungaree two +10 goal wins on the trot and travelling nicely, anyone see their game v Springbank on the weekend?

Waubra also sent out a fair old reality check to Gordon, big statement from them.

Anyone who attended games care to give us some reports?

Joe Gilbert and Luke Adams both reported.
Both are well known at the tribunal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll have a go. Been a bit quite on here lately. With the extra teams I thought there would have been plenty more opinions and mud to sling!!

Ballan v Skipton
Illabarook v Springbank
Bungaree v Rokewood-Corindhap
Buninyong v Newlyn
Clunes v Learmonth
Creswick v Beaufort
Hepburn v Daylesford
Dunnstown v Gordon
Carngham Linton v Waubra

Most tips uneducated guesses at this time with a few mixed results in the early rounds!.

I'll have a go. Been a bit quite on here lately. With the extra teams I thought there would have been plenty more opinions and mud to sling!!

Ballan v Skipton
Illabarook v Springbank
Buninyong v Newlyn
Clunes v Learmonth
Creswick v Beaufort
Hepburn v Daylesford
Dunnstown v Gordon
Carngham Linton v Waubra

Most tips uneducated guesses at this time with a few mixed results in the early rounds!.

Are your selections in Black or Red?

Not that I can talk, I'm not game enough to tip. I really have NFI

Ballan v Skipton
Illabarook v Springbank
Buninyong v Newlyn
Clunes v Learmonth
Creswick v Beaufort
Hepburn v Daylesford
Dunnstown v Gordon
Carngham Linton v Waubra

Ballan v Skipton
Illabarook v Springbank
Buninyong v Newlyn
Clunes v Learmonth
Creswick v Beaufort
Hepburn v Daylesford
Dunnstown v Gordon
Carngham Linton v Waubra

tipped Skipton to win their first game only just though
but Carngham & Waubra game could go either way

Ballan v Skipton
Illabarook v Springbank
Buninyong v Newlyn
Clunes v Learmonth
Creswick v Beaufort
Hepburn v Daylesford
Dunnstown v Gordon
Carngham Linton v Waubra

Should be another interesting week. Few games could go either way... i agree with chunky dee, Waubra will hammer Cargnham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back