Central Highlands U/18s 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Top 5 players? and will trigg and sheldon be back for the big one?

Waubra run well in 2 packs and back each other up very well at the contest. Probably Waubras most under rated player is Joshy "boy" Briody, who is very dangerous at the front of the pack and kicks goals well from anywhere. If he doesn't get watched closely, before the opposition know it he's got 2 or 3. Doyle, who doesn't go out of his way to get the hard ball will kick goals nearly every time he's within 50 metres. If they've beat Daylesford, they'll be very hard to beat all year unless the opposition is very fit, plays one on one and is smart about how they play the game. Basic footy will win.

shows his stuff in patches, hes good center clearance player and hitting leading targets, maybe top 10, were spread fairly even across our good players, its not just a top 5 really.

shows his stuff in patches, hes good center clearance player and hitting leading targets, maybe top 10, were spread fairly even across our good players, its not just a top 5 really.

fair enough, looking forward to seeing how this gae turns out

Yeah I don't remember who said it but someone said Daylesford were very good in the air and they were deffinently not wrong they took contested pack marks all day.

i dont think it would be fair to him if we told everyone on here who he is and why he has an exemption because he would probably cop a bit of un-necessary stick that he doesn't deserve

Anyone who gave the lad stick would need a smackin. Allowing the lad to play is what the game on footy is all about. Everyone having the opportunity to get out there and do what they love. Well done to Waubra and more so the league for allowing the kid to play....and I saw him play earlier in the year and he goes alright too. Well done and bugger the whingers.

Waubra run well in 2 packs and back each other up very well at the contest. Probably Waubras most under rated player is Joshy "boy" Briody, who is very dangerous at the front of the pack and kicks goals well from anywhere. If he doesn't get watched closely, before the opposition know it he's got 2 or 3. Doyle, who doesn't go out of his way to get the hard ball will kick goals nearly every time he's within 50 metres. If they've beat Daylesford, they'll be very hard to beat all year unless the opposition is very fit, plays one on one and is smart about how they play the game. Basic footy will win.

Waubra have lost of unknown players who will soon be known, groavac- very clever footballer who always uses the ball to great use, as said, josh briody can do anything you ask, alex mcpherson, very unknow, the no.1 tagger for waubra, has done jobs on, azz muallane and joe malone, would be hard to break,

Anyone who gave the lad stick would need a smackin. Allowing the lad to play is what the game on footy is all about. Everyone having the opportunity to get out there and do what they love. Well done to Waubra and more so the league for allowing the kid to play....and I saw him play earlier in the year and he goes alright too. Well done and bugger the whingers.

he sure does, but anyway thats enough he didnt want this to come up in big footy and just wants to play hes part in the team...

anway i cant beleive ballan lost waubra have got to be heavy favourites for the flag now

brad brennan!? surely not !! joe malone, azz, court trigg, liam hepworth and joel antonio, sheldon morton, seb walsh, even daniel curran would all stand out way more than him surely!

brad brennan!? surely not !! joe malone, azz, court trigg, liam hepworth and joel antonio, sheldon morton, seb walsh, even daniel curran would all stand out way more than him surely!

Brad's been a stand out player for Waubra in almost every game this year. Has been in Waubra's best 2 or 3 players every game this year and a couple of best ons.

obviously you have not watched him this year mate so dont judge until you see him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Azz, hasnt had the best year so far, and in a team that has only currently won one game i find it hard to see how he will get it.

Also you need to be normally in the winning team to get the votes, its hard to get votes in a losing team, trigg missed some games, seb walsh is a chance, not to sure about the creswick boys but wouldnt rule them out, but for me its brad brennan, its not called skilled and fairest, but best and fairest. thats one i think brad will win if he keeps it up

Ballan are still one of the best teams in the league, everyone gets the hicups at least one time through the year, Ballan's just might have come early.

exactly right look at daylesford last year had a lose to ballan but it still didnt stop them from winning the flag
everyone is going to lose a game during the season its finals that really matter

Azz, hasnt had the best year so far, and in a team that has only currently won one game i find it hard to see how he will get it.

Also you need to be normally in the winning team to get the votes, its hard to get votes in a losing team, trigg missed some games, seb walsh is a chance, not to sure about the creswick boys but wouldnt rule them out, but for me its brad brennan, its not called skilled and fairest, but best and fairest. thats one i think brad will win if he keeps it up

yeah and this thread is called central highlands under 18 2010 to not waubra 2010 but thats all you one eyed waubra people seem to talk about on here is ya own players and ya team, and i rekon you boys will get found out soon this yr with ya great deal of arrogance, because the cocky sides allways go down eventually

yeah and this thread is called central highlands under 18 2010 to not waubra 2010 but thats all you one eyed waubra people seem to talk about on here is ya own players and ya team, and i rekon you boys will get found out soon this yr with ya great deal of arrogance, because the cocky sides allways go down eventually

No need for heros mate. we all have opions, it doesnt make us cocky, clearly brad brennan will have got votes every game, how can you argue he isnt favourite for b&f. also, how are we cocky??? we are not one bit, we go into everygame execpecting a good match and always respect to oppents.

stop pumping up tires.

We probably will get found out sometime this year, most teams do...
Its not arrogonce is saying that one of my team mates will win league b&f gauging on what i've seen so far. Through the five games i've played this year and the practice match we had in the pre season Brad has been the clear stand out player on the park by far, and we have played some teams with decent players in them too.

From wat i hav read one this thread and hav talked to some waubra people, waubra are nothing but arrogant. this doesnt neccessarily mean they wont do well this season but they aren't as good as wat they think they are.

but for me its brad brennan, its not called skilled and fairest, but best and fairest. thats one i think brad will win if he keeps it up
surely brad is not the best footballer in the league. he is a good player and can bust through packs and what not but what does he do with the ball? waubra have a lot more damaging players then brad who hurt other tems like cusack . it would be hard to win a league b and f in a team that finishes first on the ladder but saying that its not impossible.

brad isnt a stand out player to me and as you said it is the best and fairest and the best players on the ground are ones who usually stand out.

liam hepworth for me is a very good chance. he is in a competative team that will win enough games to get votes and stands out with his ruck work and ability around the ground if joel antonio doesnt steal to many votes off him. also players like joe malone or matt alison from hepburn will vote well.

whats everyones tips for this week???

surely brad is not the best footballer in the league. he is a good player and can bust through packs and what not but what does he do with the ball? waubra have a lot more damaging players then brad who hurt other tems like cusack . it would be hard to win a league b and f in a team that finishes first on the ladder but saying that its not impossible.

brad isnt a stand out player to me and as you said it is the best and fairest and the best players on the ground are ones who usually stand out.

liam hepworth for me is a very good chance. he is in a competative team that will win enough games to get votes and stands out with his ruck work and ability around the ground if joel antonio doesnt steal to many votes off him. also players like joe malone or matt alison from hepburn will vote well.

id say liam hepworth will be a very big chace

ummmmm tips

Ballan v Daylesford- too hard to call ballan will be firing after last week id say 2 or 3 goals either way

Bugaree v Waubra- Waubra will be too strong

Clunes v Bunninyong- Bunningyong after a massive win last week

Gordon V Learmonth- Easy win for learmonth

Creswick v Hepburn- Creswick will be too strong

Newlyn v Dunnstown- Picked Dunstown but it will be very close

Springbank v Beaufort- Springbank easy after last weeks performance

Your right Brad probably isn't the best footballer in the league, but he has stood out for Waubra all season long & if it wasn't for Brad, blokes like Cusack wouldn't have kicked as many goals as he has.

In saying that I thought Paddy Dwyer and Drew Pearce were the two stand out players in the league last year, but Caleb Hepworth went on to win it, not saying Hepworth wasn't deserving of the award.

Tips:
Springbank
Dunnstown
Creswick
Learmonth
Bunninyong
Waubra

Hard to call between Ballan and Daylesford, two great teams, both losing last week would want to come back and make up for their performences. Also the grand final rematch. I think Daylesford will win but don't be suprised if Ballan gets up.

Your right Brad probably isn't the best footballer in the league, but he has stood out for Waubra all season long & if it wasn't for Brad, blokes like Cusack wouldn't have kicked as many goals as he has.

Both great points and waubra are not up them selfes or arrogant we are a confident team we go in to every game knowing that if we play our best football we give ourself a good chance of wining.. we dont go around saying that we are going to win easily this week.. we know that its up to us.. so say whatever you want who cares at the end of the day we are winning games of football

Both great points and waubra are not up them selfes or arrogant we are a confident team we go in to every game knowing that if we play our best football we give ourself a good chance of wining.. we dont go around saying that we are going to win easily this week.. we know that its up to us.. so say whatever you want who cares at the end of the day we are winning games of football

So true.

scary thing is that he still has another year in 18s. will definetly play seniors this year though so might miss a few games

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Highlands U/18s 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Back