Central Highlands

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep I like that chestnut. I know Hepburn well enough. I won't ask Florence because I don't know him, but Andrew Tranquilli does and he reckons that Florence was offered that. Nor will I ask Salesi because I don't know him either, but what I have said about his Hepburn deal has been backed up by others on here. I think you might just be in denial Timmy when it comes to Hepburn player payments so I'll move on for now.

On the proposals for evening up the league, I don't like the tampering with the draw one. There are already enough inequities in it now and the changes would only make it worse I reckon. A club can have a vastly different side from 1 year to the next, you only have to look back on the ladders from past years. Newlyn finished on top in 03 & dropped to 11th in 04, Clunes 2nd in 05 to 11th the following year, Beaufort 3rd in 03 & 04 to last with 1 win in 05 just to name a few, so it could make a bad year even worse in a lot of cases.

I don't mind the points system. I remember reading somewhere that a playing coach gets allocated 0 points so that is 1 way of fitting in say a VFL player if a club was close to their points limit. Just to use Hepburn as an example, they wanted to fit Salesi Uhi in but as he was coming from a club within the same league he carried 7 pts, which put them over the limit. So to get around that they appoint him coach, no more pts! Robbo appointed assistant and still does what he's doing now, Uhi coach by title only. Far fetched but possible.

If that system was to start I wonder how the initial points allocation would work. Do all current players start with 1 point and recruits get points depending on where they are coming from, or does the entire list get points as per the table in Learmonths post.

For it to work all leagues would have to adopt it, in other words it would have to be a VCFL initiative, in other words it won't happen.

Seeing that we are mates Timmy, can you do me a favour? Ask Brendan Sheapard how old he is. Don't make it up or guess either.
Happy to call a truce for a while, Shep will turn 27 this year

Creswick vs Newlyn - closer than some will think
Hepburn vs Ballan - hepburn scoreboard will get a workout
Buninyong vs Gordan - tranquilli will earn over $1000 for for 2 hours work
Beaufort vs Daylesford - winduss back will be a hiding
Clunes vs Dunnstown - towners will spank clunes
Waubra vs Springbank - brown to kick 8
Bungaree vs Learmonth - not as close as some will think

Creswick vs Newlyn
Hepburn vs Ballan
Buninyong vs Gordan
Beaufort vs Daylesford
Clunes vs Dunnstown
Waubra vs Springbank
Bungaree vs Learmonth

No real tough choices here apart from Bungaree v Learmonth, should be tight fought match this one

Creswick vs Newlyn
Hepburn vs Ballan
Buninyoung vs Gordon
Beaufort vs Daylesford
Clunes vs Dunnstown
Waubra vs Springbank
Bungaree vs Learmonth

Creswick vs Newlyn - closer than some will think
Hepburn vs Ballan - hepburn scoreboard will get a workout
Buninyong vs Gordan - tranquilli will earn over $1000 for for 2 hours work
Beaufort vs Daylesford - winduss back will be a hiding
Clunes vs Dunnstown - towners will spank clunes
Waubra vs Springbank - brown to kick 8
Bungaree vs Learmonth - not as close as some will think

Creswick v Newlyn - Ugly
Hepburn v Ballan - Ugly
Buninyong v Gordon - Ugly, Tranquilli could kick 20
Beaufort v Daylesford - Won't have it all their own way, will have to work
Clunes v Dunnstown - Comfortably, could get ugly
Waubra v Springbank - Ugly
Bungaree v Learmonth - Comfortably

Creswick v Newlyn - Ugly
Hepburn v Ballan - Ugly
Buninyong v Gordon - Ugly, Tranquilli could kick 20
Beaufort v Daylesford - Won't have it all their own way, will have to work
Clunes v Dunnstown - Comfortably, could get ugly
Waubra v Springbank - Ugly
Bungaree v Learmonth - Comfortably

good luck to the big red head, named clint anthony ward tomorrow. he dominated last week and with a game under his belt he will destroy anything they throw at him. would hate to be the full back.. hope the boys at learmonth had a good day sunday. heard a few things went missing. GO CLINTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AJ is it true you are out for the year?

Yes, its a continuation from the injury last year when I dislocated my shoulder.Last year they thought 6 months off and some rehab would strenghen the shoulder, but it wasnt the case. Dislocated it against Waubra and at the same time tore subscapular and supranatis tendons. Only way to repair and tighten is to operate. Not sure of time frame for rehabilitation but local doctors have said 6 months before being able to play contact sport. Ill wait and see what the surgeon sais, but certainly wont be back this season from what im gathering.

CHFL Tipping:
AxelFoley (7) 13
Trooper (6), Orange(7) 12
DfordDog (7), KingRich (7), DrEvil (7) 11
Animal(7) , Merrigan (7) 7

Yes, its a continuation from the injury last year when I dislocated my shoulder.Last year they thought 6 months off and some rehab would strenghen the shoulder, but it wasnt the case. Dislocated it against Waubra and at the same time tore subscapular and supranatis tendons. Only way to repair and tighten is to operate. Not sure of time frame for rehabilitation but local doctors have said 6 months before being able to play contact sport. Ill wait and see what the surgeon sais, but certainly wont be back this season from what im gathering.

Learmonth you taking a pay cut now your injured or you going to keep the extra cash and put it towards a new visor?
Seeing as you were employed as a playing coach and you're not going to be doing much playing I would think that at least some of the $$$ your getting paid should be returned to the club.

Learmonth you taking a pay cut now your injured or you going to keep the extra cash and put it towards a new visor?
Seeing as you were employed as a playing coach and you're not going to be doing much playing I would think that at least some of the $$$ your getting paid should be returned to the club.

I'll take your bait on that one 07.

When AJ was interviewed for the coaching position, he had retired from playing in the BFL many months earlier due to cronic ankle injuries. This was widely reported and known by everyone except you FOOTY 07 it appears. :confused:

He was interviewed and hired as a coach for 2 years, but not even AJ could tell us if he could get back on the paddock again.

Some subsequent major surgery, rehab, the odd injection and body management has enabled AJ to play a dozen or so games each of the last two seasons, which has been an absolute bonus for us on the paddock.

We're bloody glad he accepted a contract extension to stay on with us as coach.

End of story.

i stole his visor last weekend so yes he will need another.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does Hugh Saunders go? I believe he plays for Bunningyong? Can anyone give me an update on how he has been travelling?

He's at Bunninyong, from all accounts playing alright, has been all over the ground, wing, forward mostly.

Very athletic, decent hands, good player, only weakness is his kicking, he is a terrible kick, boh at goal and around the ground.

Is Michael Davis playing for Dford thid year or is he off to the ammos with his brother?
Thanks Johnny, finally something interesting has come up.... Not sure on Davis, but as we all know his old man was coaching for free last year, but mick made sure he was not coming up the highway for free. He was the highest paid player in the CHFL last year, and a handy player too. The money isn't there this year so maybe he's walked, or he could only be playing the big games to save them money, so next week against Hepburn could be his first game. Interesting to see that Kenny Cummings is wearing his number 25 and Mick has been relegated to number 54, going by the footy record. This may suggest the Dogs wont see much of him in 2008.......
To the rest of you readers this site is getting pretty boring, if i was in a pub having a drink with you lot, i'd probably go and drink with the women. At least they always have something to talk about. Round 2 and its mid week and no news on the games from the weekend. Are we all going to rely on the Courier to accuratley inform us?
Dfd v Bft... Has the dogs slipped or just had a bad day? or maybe Beaufort have improved
Bunga beat D'twn round 1 then got flogged in the wet by Learmth, Maybe AJs boys are the real deal
Tranquilli was going to kick 20 by all reports, was the weather that bad at Buninyong, recruit Gunn BOG
Newlyn undefeated, have they improved?
Waubra bounced back with a vengance.......
Surely someone was at these games so please give us something to talk about

Thanks Johnny, finally something interesting has come up.... Not sure on Davis, but as we all know his old man was coaching for free last year, but mick made sure he was not coming up the highway for free. He was the highest paid player in the CHFL last year, and a handy player too. The money isn't there this year so maybe he's walked, or he could only be playing the big games to save them money, so next week against Hepburn could be his first game. Interesting to see that Kenny Cummings is wearing his number 25 and Mick has been relegated to number 54, going by the footy record. This may suggest the Dogs wont see much of him in 2008.......
To the rest of you readers this site is getting pretty boring, if i was in a pub having a drink with you lot, i'd probably go and drink with the women. At least they always have something to talk about. Round 2 and its mid week and no news on the games from the weekend. Are we all going to rely on the Courier to accuratley inform us?
Dfd v Bft... Has the dogs slipped or just had a bad day? or maybe Beaufort have improved
Bunga beat D'twn round 1 then got flogged in the wet by Learmth, Maybe AJs boys are the real deal
Tranquilli was going to kick 20 by all reports, was the weather that bad at Buninyong, recruit Gunn BOG

Well how about filling us in on your game, going by the courier it said reports and injuries for both teams. Any of Hepburns big guns?

Well how about filling us in on your game, going by the courier it said reports and injuries for both teams. Any of Hepburns big guns?
Nev Purtell was having scans for a possible broken jaw, but not as serious as first thought and Rodney Watts left the field with a leg injury, but by all reports it's just a corky. Matt Dillon will miss this week through suspension. so What have you got for me old mate?

Bungaree have a lot of players that arnt in the record and didnt name in the paper (they go okay-n.o 17 tall ruckman and moves well). They are better then what everyone first thought, but from my perception rnd 1 can cause upsets and I think they got Dunnstown on a lucky day. They wont make the top 5. Reid played midfield for 90% of the day and was good, but he was recruited as a key forward and thats where they struggled all day, and very one dimensional through Nicholson who has lost a lot of weight.
Dunnstown this week, wil be tough, they have beaten Learmonth the last two times we have played them by 12 & 10 points. Massive game for the Lakies as if we can win this game then we get a 2 game break on the towners who were early pre-season favorites for top 3. Will be interesting to see if D'town play Brearly and the 2 injured Carr boys. They are a massive loss, being in their best 5 along with Mckay & Sidebottom. Sawyers is good but has never really dominated against us, so hopefully he wont this week.

Majority of the sides haven played anyone yet so hard to judge who is travelling well, top sides can get bottled up against lower placed sides in wet weather if they arnt disciplined.

Also a point of note, heard that Jake Dignan (Nth Roosters/Buninyong) played for Beaufort on the weekend. An email was sent to clubs, stating players must be registered. I hope the league acts on this as technically he is still a Buninyong player. Surely Beaufort couldnt have thought they would get away with that. VCFL rules state that if true, its a forfeit and the scoreline reads Dford 60- Beaufort 0 as thats what the rules state with scores. Time to act CHFL delegates and secretary ensuring that this league doesnt become a joke with allowing this to happen. Also not sure what the monetary penalty is, but hit them with that 2.

Bungaree have a lot of players that arnt in the record and didnt name in the paper (they go okay-n.o 17 tall ruckman and moves well). They are better then what everyone first thought, but from my perception rnd 1 can cause upsets and I think they got Dunnstown on a lucky day. They wont make the top 5. Reid played midfield for 90% of the day and was good, but he was recruited as a key forward and thats where they struggled all day, and very one dimensional through Nicholson who has lost a lot of weight.
Dunnstown this week, wil be tough, they have beaten Learmonth the last two times we have played them by 12 & 10 points. Massive game for the Lakies as if we can win this game then we get a 2 game break on the towners who were early pre-season favorites for top 3. Will be interesting to see if D'town play Brearly and the 2 injured Carr boys. They are a massive loss, being in their best 5 along with Mckay & Sidebottom. Sawyers is good but has never really dominated against us, so hopefully he wont this week.

Majority of the sides haven played anyone yet so hard to judge who is travelling well, top sides can get bottled up against lower placed sides in wet weather if they arnt disciplined.

Also a point of note, heard that Jake Dignan (Nth Roosters/Buninyong) played for Beaufort on the weekend. An email was sent to clubs, stating players must be registered. I hope the league acts on this as technically he is still a Buninyong player. Surely Beaufort couldnt have thought they would get away with that. VCFL rules state that if true, its a forfeit and the scoreline reads Dford 60- Beaufort 0 as thats what the rules state with scores. Time to act CHFL delegates and secretary ensuring that this league doesnt become a joke with allowing this to happen. Also not sure what the monetary penalty is, but hit them with that 2.

Are Sam Basham and Leon Davey back this week Learmonth?

He's at Bunninyong, from all accounts playing alright, has been all over the ground, wing, forward mostly.

Very athletic, decent hands, good player, only weakness is his kicking, he is a terrible kick, boh at goal and around the ground.

Thanks mate. He played at Stanhope last year in our premiership side and was a very handy recruit. As you mentioned he is very athletic and has a good set of hands. Played across the centre for us on a wing and half forward.

Nev Purtell was having scans for a possible broken jaw, but not as serious as first thought and Rodney Watts left the field with a leg injury, but by all reports it's just a corky. Matt Dillon will miss this week through suspension. so What have you got for me old mate?

Waubra been splashing the cash about. $1000 sign on payments & 350 a game to Dean Chester and Rob Greig from Nth Ballarat. $2000 for 2 blokes that may not even play a match. Also believe they may have offered the same to a couple of other Nth guys, Jacob Spolding may have been 1.

Heard Dunnstown star recruit Simon Brearly could miss 10 weeks or worse with a knee injury. Also Jaye Caher could be out for a month with a leg injury of some sort. Calf?? Big blow for them after some good recruiting in the off season if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back