Central Murray 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh the scoreline wasnt very convincing for them, but I have heard Cohuna are still a good side despite sitting on the bottom with 0 wins! Could be the same after this weekend too. I have heard Kerang think they have it Won already, which no one would argue with...quality everywhere! Takes one bad game tho!

What's the go with lalbert? Recruited to win a flag yet can't beat and supposedly should've lost to a depleted Woorineen side? Long way to go for them.

Yeh the scoreline wasnt very convincing for them, but I have heard Cohuna are still a good side despite sitting on the bottom with 0 wins! Could be the same after this weekend too. I have heard Kerang think they have it Won already, which no one would argue with...quality everywhere! Takes one bad game tho!
Cohuna are a good bottom 6 six side, will defiantly be 0-4 after this week. Even Kerang having a bad game, they are that far in front of everyone else a bad game will still be better than anyone else's good game.

Get everyone back on the park should make a difference

Doesn't every team that played finals last year recruit for a flag? I think you are right Roota. Talking to one of their players this week, said they are having some problems getting a fullside out and about. R.Thompson had knee clean up, the physio dude i believe has a fracture, Bennett hammy, alexander leg, and I think a few other boys are hurt and others have been playing that are not 100%. Maybe they will come good soon, who knows...

Boys, I'm interested in this weeks interleague side. Now that we "should" have access to all our top players, who has been training, who are the big names playing a and has it been an improvement on last year yet? Surely this will be the last roll of the dice if it does not work, give it a flick?

So Cohuna pulled a win is Grigg back there for the rest of the Season? They'd still be a fair chance of playing finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many cmfl clubs would be better to go into the grfl. Boga, Nyah, balranald are going to struggle in the coming years with their younger populations continuing to dwindle should the cmfl look at echuca/ united and moama to come to the league even locky and Rochester. Judging by the interleague results the depth of the league is continuing to become weaker, footy within the region may need a major revamp in the coming years

How many cmfl clubs would be better to go into the grfl. Boga, Nyah, balranald are going to struggle in the coming years with their younger populations continuing to dwindle should the cmfl look at echuca/ united and moama to come to the league even locky and Rochester. Judging by the interleague results the depth of the league is continuing to become weaker, footy within the region may need a major revamp in the coming years
I think you will find the Mallee clubs will join the CMFL, with Cohuna, KB and Kerang going to a new league which would similar to the old Northern Echuca League. this should happen sooner rather than later.

Word has the GRFL is on its last legs, I don't know the league too well so I can't comment further, but I'd think were more likely to see them go their separate ways than the CMFL

I think you are fishing, so I would think both leagues have the same issues.
Some clubs are struggling for kids and that is the same in most leagues in Victoria. You should go to a GRFL game they are not bad football games and crowds are bigger than some would think. the worst crowds are Bendigo games, I have doubled the crowd at some of them.

I think the Mallee league has only got a couple of years left in it with the dwindling population and with another merger on the cards. Maybe Sea Lake could come into the league but think they may struggle with juniors. My bet would be they'll join Golden Rivers along with Woomelang and the other clubs will look to closer leagues to join

I think you will find the Mallee clubs will join the CMFL, with Cohuna, KB and Kerang going to a new league which would similar to the old Northern Echuca League. this should happen sooner rather than later.
Sick of kerang winning "where my ball" that would significantly weaken the league if the three southern teams left. Would kerang have a crack at the bfl?

I see Mitch Hough in the Tooleybuc side today. Nice late pick up. Has he pulled the pin on the VFL or is he playing for the saints when not required by the gold. Tore the Bendigo league apart last year until he was injured

Sick of kerang winning "where my ball" that would significantly weaken the league if the three southern teams left. Would kerang have a crack at the bfl?
Kerang would have the resources, money and town backing to go into Bendigo. With a budget in excess of 200k they would be instantly competitive. Times are changing and it seems if you look across a couple of leagues in the area you will see multiple premiership winners over the past few years, HDFL- Lachy, CM- Kerang, LVFL- Bridgewater. With the kids disappearing from the leagues a major change will be on the cards. Footy can't keep going the way it is.

I dont see how the three southern teams leaving the league would weaken it. Yes I can understand that it would weaken it with the number of teams within the league but I tell you what it would do. It would ease the pressure off other existing clubs paying massive amounts of money to try and keep up with them. Apart from maybe a Balranald back in the day or even the days of Tooleybuc Manag raping teams in the league paying massive amounts of money, everyone else is busting their balls to try and keep up. It wont sustain. Kerang will always do well, you cant have on merged team in one town like Kerang/Appin Rovers and not have them dominate most years.

They use the excuse of other teams around the minor leagues poaching their players but that falls on deaf ears as every other team is in the same boat. The difference is that every other team has to compete with each other eg, Swans, dogs, Boga, Woorinen and Manang Balranald. The eagles probably have the best chance of steeling Kerang people but give Kerang some credit they have managed to hang onto them because players know they will be good. I say the expansion into the CMFNL was a down fall..... Go back to the Mid Murray, less travel, clubs are over working to the bone to pay big money, I think clubs would be happy to see a competitive league more even and most importantly more fun to play in, Keep the points system and hold on until AFL VIC make the minor leagues take on the points system as its currently looking at. Whats it matter if our league is not seen as a dominate one. Lets be honest we are one of the highest paying leagues in Victoria and we still struggle to represent a decent side in the VIC COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS, who cares if we drop back a peg. Lets get back to basics, leagues cant grow, it does not work.

I'm KB and that's my take

Would it be plausible for the 3 leagues (CMFL, MFL, GRFL) to merge into one mega league and have 2 divisions with a promotion relegation system. This should potentially put an end to the lob sided games that we have now. Obviously finer details to be sorted but an idea

Would it be plausible for the 3 leagues (CMFL, MFL, GRFL) to merge into one mega league and have 2 divisions with a promotion relegation system. This should potentially put an end to the lob sided games that we have now. Obviously finer details to be sorted but an idea

Not a bad idea, it has merit. The downside to that would be is the travel. Imagine a Balranald or Barham travelling to Beulah or Walpe and vice versa. Not going to happen. I think most existing CMFNL clubs would vote to stay in their own league and minimize that before expanding travel etc...

Not a bad idea, it has merit. The downside to that would be is the travel. Imagine a Balranald or Barham travelling to Beulah or Walpe and vice versa. Not going to happen. I think most existing CMFNL clubs would vote to stay in their own league and minimize that before expanding travel etc...
BArham to Beulah shortest rout according to gooogle maps is 198km each way in total 396 much to far away just for a game of footy worse for early games u would need to travel the friday lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back