Central Murray 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I see the mercenaries in Grenville and Healy have jumped ship from Tooleytang to Boga.

Erlandson back to Nyah
I think calling Greenville a mercenary is a bit harsh. I know my club met with him about next year and money was the furthest thing from his mind. He was looking for assistant coaching opportunities. He’s a great get for boga

I think calling Greenville a mercenary is a bit harsh. I know my club met with him about next year and money was the furthest thing from his mind. He was looking for assistant coaching opportunities. He’s a great get for boga
When you change clubs as often as he does, there's going to be some that view it in a negative light.

When you change clubs as often as he does, there's going to be some that view it in a negative light.
That’s understandable but it’s just not possible with the change in salary caps for money to be a motivating factor and I no clubs in other leagues with higher caps spoke to him. Massive get for boga he will play some great footy

I will stand by my statement. The blokes signed at Tooleybuc/manangatang..didn’t play a game for the club and have now jumped ship to a club in the same league.
As bluejet said they are both racking up the club numbers now

That’s understandable but it’s just not possible with the change in salary caps for money to be a motivating factor and I no clubs in other leagues with higher caps spoke to him. Massive get for boga he will play some great footy
Isn't he playing district cricket in Melbourne? Not sure hes driving up to Boga each weekend, to travel on the picturesque Loddon valley hwy🤷🏻‍♂️

I reckon Healey cops a bit, let's just remember as 17 year old playing for nothing he was bog in the Bendigo league grand final, and at that stage was ahead of Brodie filo

Isn't he playing district cricket in Melbourne? Not sure hes driving up to Boga each weekend, to travel on the picturesque Loddon valley hwy🤷🏻‍♂️

I reckon Healey cops a bit, let's just remember as 17 year old playing for nothing he was bog in the Bendigo league grand final, and at that stage was ahead of Brodie filo
Lol your going to defend his Mercenary traits on the basis he played for free when he was 17! In amongst his many many Clubs since he played against his home Club who were in Premiership contention to play for a lowly Kang Flat on a packet. But anyway he hasn't broken the law by Club hopping but can't defend being a mercenary.

Lol your going to defend his Mercenary traits on the basis he played for free when he was 17! In amongst his many many Clubs since he played against his home Club who were in Premiership contention to play for a lowly Kang Flat on a packet. But anyway he hasn't broken the law by Club hopping but can't defend being a mercenary.
Flat weren't that bad of a side on paper that year under Jugga, with Marty Kelly playing in the same side, apart from 2019 I reckon he's played in the major leagues as well

Flat weren't that bad of a side on paper that year under Jugga, with Marty Kelly playing in the same side, apart from 2019 I reckon he's played in the major leagues as well
I haven't seen anyone say he is poor player he's a mid range player in most Major League sides. The key to the posts in regards to Healey is that he is a mercenary. So far you've defended that by promoting that he played for free when he was 17 and tried to justify him playing against his home Club with a weaker team in the Competition by saying Flat weren't that bad.

I haven't seen anyone say he is poor player he's a mid range player in most Major League sides. The key to the posts in regards to Healey is that he is a mercenary. So far you've defended that by promoting that he played for free when he was 17 and tried to justify him playing against his home Club with a weaker team in the Competition by saying Flat weren't that bad.
It's a two way street remember, no club has to offer the cash

Up here getting players locally who have played for other clubs in the league is almost the way to go. Woora are well ahead of the curve doing this, about a third of their side would have played at other clubs within the league before them.
You need a bloody strong club to keep them sorts but if you can it’s bloody handy having recruits already living locally. I don’t know much about Healey he might be abit more extreme though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Money has ruined country footy but if clubs want to pay the big dollars can’t blame players for chasing it if their good enough
The problem is when clubs pay players purely on talent it’s bloody hard for them to take the moral high ground. It’s clubs who determine how much someone is worth and when there are such different standards in leagues and a lack of players then the worth of the players is going to differ massively for clubs.

Up here getting players locally who have played for other clubs in the league is almost the way to go. Woora are well ahead of the curve doing this, about a third of their side would have played at other clubs within the league before them.
You need a bloody strong club to keep them sorts but if you can it’s bloody handy having recruits already living locally. I don’t know much about Healey he might be abit more extreme though.

getting players from other clubs within the league was the whole reason the points system was brought in...to stop it. It has morphed into something completely different and has not worked

getting players from other clubs within the league was the whole reason the points system was brought in...to stop it. It has morphed into something completely different and has not worked
I hate seeing it but I think the problem with CM is the league is a better standard then what the locals can produce so if you want to be successful you probably need about half a side being recruits. You don’t want only 10 senior players at trainings so imo the smart thing to do and what Woora have been really good at and recruit locally. Toolybuc in the past were also really good at this and had a lot of success.

Both coaches have plenty of work ahead of them. How do you think Lock will go Roota?

Also great to see both clubs going alone in 2021 but they a only delaying the inevitable.

Have enormous respect for Locky having played against him when he coached Colbinabbin and then having obvserved him coaching Marong just after I finished playing.

Can definitely coach but it will come down to having cattle in the park and unfortunately with coming on board late he will be hampered by not being able to retain blokes or recruit many in.

He will be a great personality within the league

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back