Central Murray 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win by the kangas. Are Kerang as strong as we think they are?
probably depends how strong people think they are. Very early but it’s shaping up to be pretty even up the top so Injuries will play a big part. The Kanga’s would still have plenty of points up their sleeves so it’ll be interesting to see what they do. Surely they go hard considering their history of falling short.

Look mate, your obviously an umpire, they are no different to a player who plays poorly, they get criticised, I don't think lion had a go at an umpire, rather the rule which isn't the umps fault, time to jog on to big ump

Good wins by the Kangas, will they top up with some ex golden square or north Bendigo stars, they look a good side, well done to tyntynder who have shown they are finals material

Its not so much about swearing, Its more about the constant criticism of umpires. Why would anyone take it up with keyboard warriors like you panning them.If you can find a shop selling commonsense dont hold back, buy a barrowful.

Look mate, your obviously an umpire, they are no different to a player who plays poorly, they get criticised, I don't think lion had a go at an umpire, rather the rule which isn't the umps fault, time to jog on to big ump

Good wins by the Kangas, will they top up with some ex golden square or north Bendigo stars, they look a good side, well done to tyntynder who have shown they are finals material
Sorry Trent, Im not an ump. Im a 60 yo bloke with a 50 year association with country footy and Im worried as to where its heading. Clubs folding or having to amalgamate, rapidly decreasing numbers of juniors, a points/salary cap system which doesnt work and a lack of direction from the AFL who cant/wont tell us what country footy will look like in 2 years time let alone 10.That leads to my view on umpires. For sure you can pay your 10 bucks at the gate on the weekend and scream your head off at the umps, but then the continued pile on on social media and forums like this doesnt help with the quantity/quality of umpiring. In my view a strong independant umpiring group is as important as strong competitions, strong clubs, hopefully increased junior participation and direction from the AFL. Im sorry if you find my views offensive but this is just my opinion.PS I dont have the answers to any of my concerns but hopefully someone far smarter has.

In my dealings into country footy, the large majority of supporters are pretty considerate towards umpys and their decisions and I can't recall too many occasions where it gone overboard at country footy, even Donald a couple of weeks ago took that decision very well.

I don't really think the AFL care too much about country footy, my opinion is they hope footy is amercanised so we have a School system you draft from and the AFL, to bump up tv rights

Sorry Trent, Im not an ump. Im a 60 yo bloke with a 50 year association with country footy and Im worried as to where its heading. Clubs folding or having to amalgamate, rapidly decreasing numbers of juniors, a points/salary cap system which doesnt work and a lack of direction from the AFL who cant/wont tell us what country footy will look like in 2 years time let alone 10.That leads to my view on umpires. For sure you can pay your 10 bucks at the gate on the weekend and scream your head off at the umps, but then the continued pile on on social media and forums like this doesnt help with the quantity/quality of umpiring. In my view a strong independant umpiring group is as important as strong competitions, strong clubs, hopefully increased junior participation and direction from the AFL. Im sorry if you find my views offensive but this is just my opinion.PS I dont have the answers to any of my concerns but hopefully someone far smarter has.

Hoping the Kangas can cause an upset tomorrow. Good gauge to see where they are at against the best of the last few years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping the Kangas can cause an upset tomorrow. Good gauge to see where they are at against the best of the last few years
Wouldn’t be an upset. They have the best list in the league, and their best players are at the peak period of their careers.

Still?

Lalbert always push up their top thirds to get them ready for senior footy, so I'd expect they push them up instead of twos players

apparently...plus I don’t think a 38 year old off the back of 2 reserves games at Mitiamo is a good plan.

yuy are spot on about the kids old mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back