Central Murray 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

rocks in their heads....sides will forfeit
I can see where you are coming from and a couple of clubs will find it hard to field 2 teams but their are also another 300 odd blokes in the league that are missing out on playing until they let Melbourne out of lock down if we don’t try to get going.

I can see where you are coming from and a couple of clubs will find it hard to field 2 teams but their are also another 300 odd blokes in the league that are missing out on playing until they let Melbourne out of lock down if we don’t try to get going.
The Racing Carnival up in Swan Hill going ahead or been scratched?

I think most sides would be affected, why not just wait 1 more week. I reckon the majority of sides would need to find 10 players for seniors and reserves to play. Not that easy to find 10 guys in the middle of June to play footy. I'd think that swan hill & tyntynder would be the least affected, shows how swan hill centric the league is

I think most sides would be affected, why not just wait 1 more week. I reckon the majority of sides would need to find 10 players for seniors and reserves to play. Not that easy to find 10 guys in the middle of June to play footy. I'd think that swan hill & tyntynder would be the least affected, shows how swan hill centric the league is
I agree wait another week. It will be harder if they try to play in NSW as only people in the border bubble will be allowed across the river to play but if the government gives the go ahead to resume adult sport then I think we should be trying to get started somehow.

I would think 30% of seniors would be outside the border bubble across the league, but hopefully we get good news this week so it doesn't matter

I agree wait another week. It will be harder if they try to play in NSW as only people in the border bubble will be allowed across the river to play but if the government gives the go ahead to resume adult sport then I think we should be trying to get started somehow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about crowds?
That, I'm not sure about.
If it's a public gathering only 20 allowed. But 75 can go sit inside to eat.

From 11.59pm Thursday June 10, the following restrictions will ease in regional Victoria:

Homes allowed two adult visitors per day, plus dependants
Public, outdoor gatherings increase from 10 to 20 people
Hospitality open for seated service with a 150 person cap, no more than 75 indoors
Religious ceremonies capped at 150, with no more than 75 people indoors
Funerals limited to 75 people, weddings to 20
Hairdressing and beauty services open
Indoor physical recreation and sport allowed, with a 150 person maximum
Community and outdoor sport returns for all ages
Regional Victorians can travel around regional Victoria, but Melburnians cannot

I see quite a few leagues played a round this weekend, perhaps they are not being managed by a bunch of old women.
Wimmera Football Leagues round was very much a success, host clubs keep netball seperate to football with fencing so 300 allowed at venue. The game is not just about winning, mental Heath can be a big issue in country areas so it was good to see football/netball go ahead. im Involved at a club that hasn’t won a game this season and with every player local living. Maybe a few more clubs should try that than relying on metro travelling players. At the end of the day it’s just a game no matter who wins. If clubs can’t get enough local players merge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Back