Central Murray FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

I know of a club that had a fair crack at these two blokes, Brewer and Matthews, but were blown out of the park by Barhams offer. So if they are keeping all the paid boys from last year, plus adding $60,000 for these two blokes, the Raiders are having a crack.

Why beat around the bush fellow men? It was clearly Lake Boga who effered these gentlemen a hefty amount of coin to play but Koondrook offered them basically double.

Way to **** country footy Filo. Just setting himself up for another GF loss.

You stay classy.

Why beat around the bush fellow men? It was clearly Lake Boga who effered these gentlemen a hefty amount of coin to play but Koondrook offered them basically double.

Way to **** country footy Filo. Just setting himself up for another GF loss.

You stay classy.

Think that is a bit harsh he will only f##k one country footy side up not the whole thing! And any moron who states that Barham are spending for the future is an absolute oxygen thief they would be spending more than last year comfortably and will soon tighten the belt and next year expect a mass exodus as all the mercenaries look elsewhere for there coin! The Darwin boys get flown in and paid a match payment there 1500 plus the same at least for four others plus more for this year two guns and sign ons all round 250,000 and then some no auction and fishing comp bring in those figures in a year! It could just pay off this year though time will tell! Wooden spoon for 2013 paying $1.05...

Think that is a bit harsh he will only f##k one country footy side up not the whole thing! And any moron who states that Barham are spending for the future is an absolute oxygen thief they would be spending more than last year comfortably and will soon tighten the belt and next year expect a mass exodus as all the mercenaries look elsewhere for there coin! The Darwin boys get flown in and paid a match payment there 1500 plus the same at least for four others plus more for this year two guns and sign ons all round 250,000 and then some no auction and fishing comp bring in those figures in a year! It could just pay off this year though time will tell! Wooden spoon for 2013 paying $1.05...

You can spend for long term success. There are a few ways to make your club successful over a long period. Obviously concentrating on junior development is the key but your not going to keep all your kids. Will those better kids stay around an unseccussful club when they hit the senior ranks ? From all indications Barham have a good social club and the town is wanting some success. Anyone that has been around a footy club knows the feeling winning brings, its something that you cant teach kids that havent had that feeling. I think this is what Barham is trying to do. Spend a bit now and hopefully create that winning feeling so that the local kids MIGHT carry that on in the future. It is alot easier to recruit (and cheaper) if your club is winning. Short term financial pain for long term performance gain. I think some people just love taking pot shots at clubs that decide to have a spend up. In saying that I know there are clubs that do go over the top. Im not against paying good money for good players. If your club is spending 150K and just making the finals would you spend the extra $50K to be a contender????

I think you're pretty close to the money here Ron. For mine positions 3-6 are pretty interchangable on that ladder. Am also hard pressed to write off Tooleybuc just yet.

Glad to see someone put Woorinen a bit higher as they have recruited quite well I hear.

Ron's Predictions:

Barham
Kerang
Tyntynder
Mallee Eagles
Swan Hill

Woorinen
Cohuna
Tooleybuc
Lake Boga
Nyah
Balranald

You can spend for long term success. There are a few ways to make your club successful over a long period. Obviously concentrating on junior development is the key but your not going to keep all your kids. Will those better kids stay around an unseccussful club when they hit the senior ranks ? From all indications Barham have a good social club and the town is wanting some success. Anyone that has been around a footy club knows the feeling winning brings, its something that you cant teach kids that havent had that feeling. I think this is what Barham is trying to do. Spend a bit now and hopefully create that winning feeling so that the local kids MIGHT carry that on in the future. It is alot easier to recruit (and cheaper) if your club is winning. Short term financial pain for long term performance gain. I think some people just love taking pot shots at clubs that decide to have a spend up. In saying that I know there are clubs that do go over the top. Im not against paying good money for good players. If your club is spending 150K and just making the finals would you spend the extra $50K to be a contender????

That theory has worked well for Balranald, paid lots and lots, ran out of money, now have no players. that success has not paid of for them

That theory has worked well for Balranald, paid lots and lots, ran out of money, now have no players. that success has not paid of for them

Balranald would still be spending if it wasn't for the wood game becoming non existent .U fellas amaz me u say when raiders were down that there committee should work harder source more money get some players and improve .Well they r going hard and why not they've been in the comp for 15 years played in maybe 6 finals won 1 I think applaud them for having a go and doing something for the very loyal supporters and players .if it fails so be it they put there work boots on and do what has to be done that's the way a town of 1200 people with **** all industry and full of pensioners has to do cause in cmfl footy u may spend 150 180 just like Nyah may hav this year and not play finals the raiders may spend 200 and do the same time will tell

Not gonna get in a debate about it . His mates with matthews and brauer. He will be playing

Not much point arguing with oneeyebomber there roots when mr lobb comments about himself. Not busy Phil plastering this week and also I ask is there no other club chasing you this year and are not stupid enough to have u fighting with your team mates

Not much point arguing with oneeyebomber there roots when mr lobb comments about himself. Not busy Phil plastering this week and also I ask is there no other club chasing you this year and are not stupid enough to have u fighting with your team mates

How many of the raider recruits are going to make appearances at training on tuesday and thursday? I wouldnt think too many. You only have to look down the river at echuca last year to see that having the most talented list does not equal a flag. Swan Hill still the team to beat, as not many travellers and an underated coach in big footie.
If you look at the sucessful teams in terms of winning flags in country footy, there were a minimum amount of players travelling long distances to play on a week to week basis. Expect the blues to be at the pointy end of the ladder and expect cohuna and woora to be the big improvers with scambler to win the league medal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Behaviour clause?

Hi kiethy!! Interesting thought, but actually our club has a code of conduct which everyone must follow. He wouldn't be treated any different to anyone else.. We try not to individualise!

Do you think nyah put one on white knowing his publicity with suspension. Wilson over his scene in Darwin? How many players recruited would be 100% squeaky clean. Do u think lalbert told ward to stay out of the tab? I'm tipping no!but look how good he has been for that town.

Seems unfair to have been slagged already when he would be a great drawcard for the league. Bet other clubs wouldn't mind his talent in their team.

Wouldve been tough few yrs. Ppl need to remember he was found not guilty. But whatever really, ppl are entitled to their own opinions. That's what this thread is for!!

Hi kiethy!! Interesting thought, but actually our club has a code of conduct which everyone must follow. He wouldn't be treated any different to anyone else.. We try not to individualise!

Do you think nyah put one on white knowing his publicity with suspension. Wilson over his scene in Darwin? How many players recruited would be 100% squeaky clean. Do u think lalbert told ward to stay out of the tab? I'm tipping no!but look how good he has been for that town.

Seems unfair to have been slagged already when he would be a great drawcard for the league. Bet other clubs wouldn't mind his talent in their team.

Wouldve been tough few yrs. Ppl need to remember he was found not guilty. But whatever really, ppl are entitled to their own opinions. That's what this thread is for!!

Well said old mate:thumbsu: I certainly would love to have someone of his talent in my side rather than having to chase him around the park for your blokes

Clifton old mate those that have no actual idea of figures should not guess!! To think our club could afford 45 is ridiculous.

Telstra Telstra Telstra you know me better than that...I'm actually sticking up for you thinking surely you guys aren't stupid enough to pay $60k. The $60k figure was mentioned by somebody in your club. Just saying what I heard...

Don't think you'll hav to worry as they won't make him play seconds first

Haha 12 months ago you probably would have gotten a bite out of me but there is probably every chance that I will play some 2's footy this year and that will be great coz it means that our club has improved. At this point I am just happy enough that I can still run around so not overly bothered what grade it is as long as the Eagles get better and better

Haha 12 months ago you probably would have gotten a bite out of me but there is probably every chance that I will play some 2's footy this year and that will be great coz it means that our club has improved. At this point I am just happy enough that I can still run around so not overly bothered what grade it is as long as the Eagles get better and better

Would do the 2s wonders to be honest.

Brock Ezard played 200 senior games here, went back, coaches the magoos, has 2 runners ups to his name, and is a massive chance of going one better this year.

Finished 5th in 09, with a % of 58
Runners up In '10 with 104
Same last year with 90 or so

In that time we won 3 senior games... Experience is worth a mint in the reserves.

And even this year, with the likes of Shannon motlop running around, he has the best set of hands and kick in the club... Shame the legs won't cooperate

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back