Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Few interesting results yesterday. Lalbert too good on their home deck. Nyah missing some good players still though.
Anyone at the Kerang v woora game? I’ve heard some interesting reports
I also heard some interesting reports from Kerang vs Woorinen game.
Caught the last quarter on the radio and then commentators were gobsmacked by some of the umpiring decisions on the day.
Howdon was one of the umpires who's name was mentioned.

Caught the last quarter on the radio and then commentators were gobsmacked by some of the umpiring decisions on the day.

Cohuna and Balranald aren't his biggest fans after the last 2 grand finals.

I also listened to the radio while watching the game at the ground. I think the commentators should look at getting their commentary accurate before picking holes in the umpires.

Who was commentating? Guys with affiliations north of kerang I bet

I also listened to the radio while watching the game at the ground. I think the commentators should look at getting their commentary accurate before picking holes in the umpires.
I wasn’t there so could only go off the commentary I heard, hence the reason I asked.

Who was commentating? Guys with affiliations north of kerang I bet
Trent you have a real “Kerang vs the world” attitude. Just relax a bit mate.

Also once again, just going off the commentary and wasn’t implying that Woorinen got robbed.

Heard Kirby sent off for king hit on Pay is that true?

I wasn’t there so could only go off the commentary I heard, hence the reason I asked.

Trent you have a real “Kerang vs the world” attitude. Just relax a bit mate.

Also once again, just going off the commentary and wasn’t implying that Woorinen got robbed.
That’s my issue with naming and criticising the umpires on the radio. They are the eyes of the people listening.
When they named Howden for making the wrong call the ball was 70 or 80 meters away from them and they said they could see it clearly but he couldn’t from 10 meters.

That’s my issue with naming and criticising the umpires on the radio. They are the eyes of the people listening.
When they named Howden for making the wrong call the ball was 70 or 80 meters away from them and they said they could see it clearly but he couldn’t from 10 meters.

In these times where getting people willing to umpire is so hard commentators definitely should not be naming and continually criticising them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure he lives in Kerang and his kids play there

Has been an umpire for a long long time. I’m pretty sure he has been able to manage any perceived conflict or bias.

To be fair to many umpires who have had affiliation with a footy club they often are harder on that club due to not wanting to be accused of bias

Has been an umpire for a long long time. I’m pretty sure he has been able to manage any perceived conflict or bias.

To be fair to many umpires who have had affiliation with a footy club they often are harder on that club due to not wanting to be accused of bias

Gone are the days where Umpires were sole umpires only, 90% of the current umpires are attached to a club in some way or form. They are helping out the league, clubs and players by allowing us to have matches

Stuart King - played at several clubs
Brayden Wren - currently coaching KB 15’s
James Downing - currently coaching Woorinein Youth Girls
Danny Fraser - was assistant coach at Lalbert and Tooleybuc and has a son at Boga
Dale Hall - currently umpires footy and netball
Max Carroll - Tyntynder legend

These are just some examples so maybe give them some praise for helping the umpires.

It won’t be long and we will see umpires walking off the ground during a game due to the player, bench and crowd abuse

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gone are the days where Umpires were sole umpires only, 90% of the current umpires are attached to a club in some way or form. They are helping out the league, clubs and players by allowing us to have matches

Danny Fraser - was assistant coach at Lalbert and Tooleybuc and has a son at Boga

These are just some examples so maybe give them some praise for helping the umpires.

It won’t be long and we will see umpires walking off the ground during a game due to the player, bench and crowd abuse

Exactly.
Wellsy at Lalbert has stepped up and umpired to help out as well as being a tireless volunteer behind the scenes at the club that his family has been involved with forever.

Not only is he umpiring but one of his sons boundary umpires and another goal umpires each week. That’s on top of playing two junior games per day

Darren Grace - Son was runner up bnf under 14's for toolybuc

Damian Hirst - swan hill premiership player if I am correct?

We want people who have played the game or been involved in clubs to take it on so they should be appreciated

I’ve said many times on here that I’ve been horrendous to umpires during my time as a player and supporter which I’m now very ashamed of.

It took for me to actually umpire some games for me to understand how hard it is and to wake up to myself.

If my personal circumstances were not what they currently are I’d be umpiring at some level this season I teckon

Last edited:

I don’t think the issue was Howden umpiring, I actually thought he did a good job. It’s more so the fact that all 3 umpires were affiliated to Kerang, one having two sons playing in the game. All whilst woorinens affiliated umpire was directed to officiate the tyn v bal match. They should have never put themselves in this position as it has the potential to get very, very ugly once supporters, staff etc. get emotionally involved.

I don’t think the issue was Howden umpiring, I actually thought he did a good job. It’s more so the fact that all 3 umpires were affiliated to Kerang, one having two sons playing in the game. All whilst woorinens affiliated umpire was directed to officiate the tyn v bal match. They should have never put themselves in this position as it has the potential to get very, very ugly once supporters, staff etc. get emotionally involved.

Having sons playing in the game they are umpiring complicates things but I think all people should really just take a step back and forget about club allegiance when it comes to umpires and umpiring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back