Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think the issue was Howden umpiring, I actually thought he did a good job. It’s more so the fact that all 3 umpires were affiliated to Kerang, one having two sons playing in the game. All whilst woorinens affiliated umpire was directed to officiate the tyn v bal match. They should have never put themselves in this position as it has the potential to get very, very ugly once supporters, staff etc. get emotionally involved.
They are pretty big accusations you've got there

It's not ideal having 3 Kerang people officiating a game... you can read into that as much as you want. They shouldn't be umpiring their sons. They should have been allocated another game.

I agree about the sons playing but I guess he probably wouldn’t umpire if not at the same venue as the kids.

To be honest I would r have wanted my dad to umpire me….i would never have ever got a free kick😂

It’s a tough one. We need umpires so can’t knock too many people back who are willing to do it but there needs to be some sense applied.

I just hate reading inferences of cheating as I’m sure that no one intentionally sets out to cheat

I agree about the sons playing but I guess he probably wouldn’t umpire if not at the same venue as the kids.

To be honest I would r have wanted my dad to umpire me….i would never have ever got a free kick😂

It’s a tough one. We need umpires so can’t knock too many people back who are willing to do it but there needs to be some sense applied.

I just hate reading inferences of cheating as I’m sure that no one intentionally sets out to cheat
I agree Root, but the league shouldn't put these umpires in scenarios where it can be seen to be seen as a little controversial.

I agree Root, but the league shouldn't put these umpires in scenarios where it can be seen to be seen as a little controversial.

Sometimes they might not have a choice I guess.

For example..Wellsy at Lalbert would not be able to umpire unless it’s Lalbert games. He has 4 kids playing footy and netball at Lalbert…his kids don’t play senior footy (yet) but if he couldn’t umpire Lalbert games then he couldn’t umpire at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes they might not have a choice I guess.

For example..Wellsy at Lalbert would not be able to umpire unless it’s Lalbert games. He has 4 kids playing footy and netball at Lalbert…his kids don’t play senior footy (yet) but if he couldn’t umpire Lalbert games then he couldn’t umpire at all

100% spot on Roota. There would be less umpires and lots more basic club umpires if not for the likes of Wellsy umpiring

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That's where flags are won.
Probably should have worded it better. Their bottom 6 would play seniors anywhere else. Prove me wrong.
I don’t need to prove you wrong I agree they would but that’s not what you said at first 😂
Were both teams at full strength on the weekend?
Are woorinen a lock for finals still?

Kerang still top of the pops for mine.
A few inaccuracies the Blues may want to iron out before the pointy end.
They're humming along with no fanfare. Their good 6 are up, bottom 6 as good as any top players from other sides.

Somehow missed this from my old mate….i love ya but you’ve had a mare here. There is amazing talent in the competition this season, some of the best in recent times. This has led to one of the most even seasons in recent memory and one of the most interesting competitions in the state during times where other leagues are really struggling

The accusations are 100% factually correct.....
We can’t continue to ignore and blow over this. 3 kerang umpires, umpiring a kerang game. Including the captains dad. Lol like what?
Without howden kerang don’t win the last 2 premierships. And that’s facts. He lives there, his sons play there, he coaches there. He spends training nights laughing and shaking hands with the players and presidents and fans. He is invested in the club. He makes them win.
He was caught cheering in the 2022 grand final and tapping players on the ass. He did it again against balranald. He is smart tho. He doesn’t do kerang Vs boga etc. soon as it’s a top 4 clash, he will umpire it and impact the result.
You can’t have a kerang football member umpire kerang games. Simple as that.
Let’s get it fixed. We don’t want him being the reason kerang win there 3rd. We want them to win fair and square which they are more than capable of. Because he will do anything in his power to get them the result. And having 3 kerang umpires at once. Well that’s just hilarious. All because top spot was still up for grabs and to get them the week off.
Let’s fix it as a community and league. And get it fair. So there is no controversy

We can’t continue to ignore and blow over this. 3 kerang umpires, umpiring a kerang game. Including the captains dad. Lol like what?
Without howden kerang don’t win the last 2 premierships. And that’s facts. He lives there, his sons play there, he coaches there. He spends training nights laughing and shaking hands with the players and presidents and fans. He is invested in the club. He makes them win.
He was caught cheering in the 2022 grand final and tapping players on the ass. He did it again against balranald. He is smart tho. He doesn’t do kerang Vs boga etc. soon as it’s a top 4 clash, he will umpire it and impact the result.
You can’t have a kerang football member umpire kerang games. Simple as that.
Let’s get it fixed. We don’t want him being the reason kerang win there 3rd. We want them to win fair and square which they are more than capable of. Because he will do anything in his power to get them the result. And having 3 kerang umpires at once. Well that’s just hilarious. All because top spot was still up for grabs and to get them the week off.
Let’s fix it as a community and league. And get it fair. So there is no controversy
This all may be true, or not, I have no idea, but from what I’ve been told Howden wasn’t the problem and umpires well. As he has most games that I have seen him umpire. Usually don’t notice him which Is what you want really.
The biggest issue was the yellow card to Kirby in the first quarter for a regulation lead up marking contest. Woora lost all momentum and Kerang kicked 3.

This all may be true, or not, I have no idea, but from what I’ve been told Howden wasn’t the problem and umpires well. As he has most games that I have seen him umpire. Usually don’t notice him which Is what you want really.
The biggest issue was the yellow card to Kirby in the first quarter for a regulation lead up marking contest. Woora lost all momentum and Kerang kicked 3.
Yeh so who was responsible for the send off? He sent Joel Helman off in the 2022 grand final for a regulation chase down tackle also!

Let’s also not forget that this isn’t the first time Nitschke, Hall & Howden have all umpired Kerang games together this year.

1 of them doing a Kerang game with other umpires is totally fine. But 3 of them is laughable.

Let’s also not forget that this isn’t the first time Nitschke, Hall & Howden have all umpired Kerang games together this year.

1 of them doing a Kerang game with other umpires is totally fine. But 3 of them is laughable.

Maybe a better a solution, have talkingfooty#4 and yabbyman umpire a game together. What an absolute disgrace you are making of yourselves on this forum. Everyone is laughing at you two clowns now

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

From all reports there has been 4 umpires in a few games. Why would we still need club umpires if this is the case? Surly 3 umpires is enough. Shouldn't also have umpires that have affiliation to clubs when it is a game like Woorinen and Kerang on the weekend with so much on the line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back