Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Granger and I can do boundary
Perfect idea, because I have no affiliation with any club in the CMFL. Been around football 50 years and never whinged about this because never had to worry. But year after year have to watch a kerang man umpire kerang games and get them results in big games. We can’t let it happen anymore.
Howden seems like nice enough fella off the field, but unfortunately his love and connection to the kerang football club gets to him and he wants his mates and town to win.
Common sense. Don’t umpire games that you are connected to. And umpire fairly. Everyone is happy
And that goes to all umpires not just howden.

Yeh so who was responsible for the send off? He sent Joel Helman off in the 2022 grand final for a regulation chase down tackle also!
He grew up in cohuna, he's parents probably still live there, the howden name is synonymous with cohuna not kerang.

I can certainly understand why people are not happy with nitschke umpiring kerwng senior games. That should never happen ever again

Perfect idea, because I have no affiliation with any club in the CMFL. Been around football 50 years and never whinged about this because never had to worry. But year after year have to watch a kerang man umpire kerang games and get them results in big games. We can’t let it happen anymore.
Howden seems like nice enough fella off the field, but unfortunately his love and connection to the kerang football club gets to him and he wants his mates and town to win.
Common sense. Don’t umpire games that you are connected to. And umpire fairly. Everyone is happy
And that goes to all umpires not just howden.
If you have zero affiliation, you'd understand kerang have been the best side in the comp, the last 2 years, neither grand final under a kick. I watched both games, thought there was nothing wrong with the umpiring, far more contentious frees in the lalbert woora grand finals

Gone are the days where Umpires were sole umpires only, 90% of the current umpires are attached to a club in some way or form. They are helping out the league, clubs and players by allowing us to have matches

Stuart King - played at several clubs
Brayden Wren - currently coaching KB 15’s
James Downing - currently coaching Woorinein Youth Girls
Danny Fraser - was assistant coach at Lalbert and Tooleybuc and has a son at Boga
Dale Hall - currently umpires footy and netball
Max Carroll - Tyntynder legend

These are just some examples so maybe give them some praise for helping the umpires.

It won’t be long and we will see umpires walking off the ground during a game due to the player, bench and crowd abuse

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
ANY Bud, you seem to have a fair lay of the land when it comes to the umpires.. where do they all sit when it comes to umpiring the clubs they’re involved in? As much controversy with them and their clubs as there is Kerang?

Where would the 3 Kerang umpires sit in the scheme of the ‘pecking order’ compared to where those you mentioned are?

Can’t believe the uproar - everyone has a home club one way or another and in regional towns the crossover is going to be huge compared to metropolitan areas where you can avoid clubs purely based on the numbers around…

ANY Bud, you seem to have a fair lay of the land when it comes to the umpires.. where do they all sit when it comes to umpiring the clubs they’re involved in? As much controversy with them and their clubs as there is Kerang?

Where would the 3 Kerang umpires sit in the scheme of the ‘pecking order’ compared to where those you mentioned are?

Can’t believe the uproar - everyone has a home club one way or another and in regional towns the crossover is going to be huge compared to metropolitan areas where you can avoid clubs purely based on the numbers around…[/

Most umpires that do have a connection with a club that are umpiring would simply quit and walk away if they had to go to other grounds. That would leave the umpires completely short of numbers.

It’s not simply put them in other games as they will say no I’m staying at my club and will umpire Reserves instead

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeh so who was responsible for the send off? He sent Joel Helman off in the 2022 grand final for a regulation chase down tackle also!
Not really sure but sure it was not howden , my memory is that cohuna lost the game in the coach box , they had the wind in the las quarter, hit the front and then stopped, and also had the best player in the league playing no where near the ball ,
Then last year I think you find Balranald kick them selfs out of the game in the second quarter and also they had 10 or more free kicks for the game or more than Kerang , so I think blaming umpires is not the right think to do ,

Yep but this is a senior comp, where clubs are putting in the hard yards, spending good money on recruits. Coaches are well paid in the seniors.

You can't have clubs doing that and getting the senior captains dad from the reserves to umpire the seniors. The league has to know better. Yes we have an umpire shortage, but you can't have the umpiring roster like this, there's going to be clubs this year, that have made huge financial calls and will miss playing finals and having an umpire system that doesn't pass any pub test. The league has to do better

Yep but this is a senior comp, where clubs are putting in the hard yards, spending good money on recruits. Coaches are well paid in the seniors.

You can't have clubs doing that and getting the senior captains dad from the reserves to umpire the seniors. The league has to know better. Yes we have an umpire shortage, but you can't have the umpiring roster like this, there's going to be clubs this year, that have made huge financial calls and will miss playing finals and having an umpire system that doesn't pass any pub test. The league has to do better

It would be club umpires anyway old mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Kerang got the better from the umpires??? Or where Kerang just better on the day? Have you umpired? There always looking for new umpires!!
I was suggesting that, however you can't have in senior football, the captains dad umpire. That's not kerangs fault, they don't tell the league who can umpire, you just can't in senior football, when clubs are investing in over 100k a season on the park.
Senior footy doesn't need these **** ups for major league footy.

It would be club umpires anyway old mate
The league needs to find proper umpires, whether they come from Bendigo or echuca or Mildura, but senior footy doesn't need to be amateur hour with umpires. I understand some guys will be harder on their home club, but you can't have a players dad as an umpire in senior footy ever
And I know mate we need volunteers and maybe these guys wouldn't do it if they had to umpire cohuna instead. I've got no problem with howden umpiring whoever or hally apart from the fact he shouldn't be umpiring senior footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back