Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

So I had an intresting chat with Murphy nyahs coach the other morning when I was out walking the dog, reckons they are bringing in an orange light/card for finals to work in with the red and green, any ideas what it could mean?

So I had an intresting chat with Murphy nyahs coach the other morning when I was out walking the dog, reckons they are bringing in an orange light/card for finals to work in with the red and green, any ideas what it could mean?
Some of the players are colour blind and couldn’t tell the difference between red and green.

So if you bring in umpires from the bendigo league, they will.also bring in there boundary and goal.. so then the kids that have been doing it every week, listening to you bitch, moan, sook and abuse will miss out. Don't think that is fair.

FMD who are the sons of the umpires officiating Kerang games?
Hall has 5 daughters.
Howden has twin boys underage.
Nitschke yes but only one son.
I agree that umpires are not immune to criticism but to accuse them of outright cheating, a step too far.
I recall Kerang being dudded in 2006 with very questionable decisions, no one said the umpires cheated for the result.
No one knew what BigFooty was, back then.....

Fraser is a joke aswell

Didn’t that Frazer and Downing give up coaching at Tooleybuc to help out with umpire numbers? Isn’t that what the league wanted? More umpires so they didn’t have to use Club Umpires. You talk to most people Big Binga was ok it was just the fact he was too slow and couldn’t keep up with the game. More ex-players like Thredgold and Hurst is what they need. Those two blokes have done well in the couple of games they umpired us earlier in the year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lets start talking about footy fellas.

Top 5 still wide open!

What does everyone's top 5 look like?
Talking about this last night. If Balranald with some players back beat Woorinen next week and Nyah beat Cohuna last round then they should make finals.
If Woorinen win against Balranald and Kerang beat eagles then they should make top 3.
Fantastic season that’s actually lived upto the hype.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking about this last night. If Balranald with some players back beat Woorinen next week and Nyah beat Cohuna last round then they should make finals.
If Woorinen win against Balranald and Kerang beat eagles then they should make top 3.
Fantastic season that’s actually lived upto the hype.

Looking at the paper this morning...

Woorinen are still a big chance to miss.

Anything can still happen.

I think it’s pretty set

Kerang
Nyah
Lalbert
Woorinen
Cohuna
This is the top 5 for me as well. But a lot can still play out.

Woorinen still a chance to miss if they lose to Balranald and Tyntynder.

And Nyah could drop out of the top 3 lose to Tooley then Cohuna and Woorinen win their last 2.

Going to be an exciting last 3 rounds and finals series.

Didn’t that Frazer and Downing give up coaching at Tooleybuc to help out with umpire numbers? Isn’t that what the league wanted? More umpires so they didn’t have to use Club Umpires. You talk to most people Big Binga was ok it was just the fact he was too slow and couldn’t keep up with the game. More ex-players like Thredgold and Hurst is what they need. Those two blokes have done well in the couple of games they umpired us earlier in the year

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You also have the kids who are stepping up to help with boundary and also goal umpire, seem of these kids are playing 2 games then umpiring, I take my hat off to them. I would be stuffed and need a beer infusion via iv, just after the 2 games.. but on the same note some of the abuse the kids get and the adults (I know I have done it at the spur or the moment) when they are basically paid volunteers to try and help out the game, is uncalled for, especially towards the kids.. as a father of one of the kids that do play 2 games and then umpire, I have wanted to get a "youllbe" and knock the sense in to some players and supporters on occasions. Makes the kids not want to umpire, if that happens who will step up?

Anyway, let's bring on the next 3 rounds and see where the pieces fall, I honestly dont think anyone can predict what's going to happen, it's been a fun year. Have the feeling the finals will be the same, unpredictable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back