Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Why should Cohuna be granted a final after requesting to leave the league for the 2nd time and voting to go to another league. Makes no sense.. They obviously have no love for the CMFNL so why should they be looked after in that sense. I’m sure there are other clubs who would’ve hosted that final

Fair point that

Having said that I suspect it’s purely just allocated following the longstanding finals rotation policy

Why should Cohuna be granted a final after requesting to leave the league for the 2nd time and voting to go to another league. Makes no sense.. They obviously have no love for the CMFNL so why should they be looked after in that sense. I’m sure there are other clubs who would’ve hosted that final
They haven't left yet have they? They pay their fees like every other club does. If it's in the clubs best interests to look south, say thanks and move on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure if their surface is still as good as it used to be but tooleybuc in September is was fabulous to play at. Swan hill is central to the league though unless they share it every year it's the most logical
The surface at Tooleybuc has gone backwards since the golf club stopped maintaining it. Nowhere near as good as it was.

I cant see anything wrong with them getting a final.

League shares it around well and no club wanted to host the GF so no club should be complaining.

If it is their last year in the league I feel like it gives more reason to give them a big final.
Pretty hard for a club not based in or around Swan Hill to host a final there.

Pretty hard for a club not based in or around Swan Hill to host a final there.
Swan Hill ground has the most room for spectators with the grandstand and seating on the ground inside the fence.

The only other ground in the league that comes close would be Nyah.

Also with Swan Hill being the most central venue, the league want as many people to attend as possible so having it out of town wouldn’t be as lucrative to them

Swan Hill ground has the most room for spectators with the grandstand and seating on the ground inside the fence.

Also with Swan Hill being the most central venue, the league want as many people to attend as possible so having it out of town wouldn’t be as lucrative to them
Agree with you that Swan Hill is the best venue. Only downside to having it there is the netball is so far away from the football.
My point was that clubs based away from Swan Hill will find it hard to run it. Not saying it should be taken anywhere else.

Last edited:

Cohuna have a grandstand, plenty of room and hosted plenty of grand finals in the past. I believe their ground and surrounds were done by a world renowned architect for trivia buffs out there

Cohuna have a grandstand, plenty of room and hosted plenty of grand finals in the past. I believe their ground and surrounds were done by a world renowned architect for trivia buffs out there

Atmosphere at Cohuna diminished due to the sheer size of the playing surface.

The Showgrounds is the best venue for the gf…bar none

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back