Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep pretty sure he was runner up in the club bnf the year he had in kerang or 3rd. Played well in interlewgue that year too for the cmfl
Free coaching woora next year. From what I’ve heard of him he speaks incredible well and very knowledgeable. I hadn’t heard much of his playing career though? Where did he go from Kerang?

Not sure about Wilkins was in a cast last week. Fuller would be a good in for them though.

Crippa09 you got any info?
Fuller won’t be playing. I would doubt Wilkins will get back in told but might push for the granny if they were to make it. They are down some troops the bal boys. They’re A graders just go up another level though it seems come finals

Free coaching woora next year. From what I’ve heard of him he speaks incredible well and very knowledgeable. I hadn’t heard much of his playing career though? Where did he go from Kerang?

Tim is a Quambatook lad even though he grew up 5kms from the Lalbert ground….frustrating for us Lalbert blokes!!

Played nearly all of his footy for Quamby, coached them across a couple of stints. I reckon he played some footy in Ballarat (memory fading) while he was away studying.

Last edited:

Great fella Tim. I’m sure he will do a wonderful job and his knowledge on the game is amazing. Handy cricketer in his day as well. Didn’t want to bowl short and wide to him. Well done to Marcus on a great stint at Woorinen. Couple flags.

How many years did Marcus coach for?

Great fella Tim. I’m sure he will do a wonderful job and his knowledge on the game is amazing. Handy cricketer in his day as well. Didn’t want to bowl short and wide to him. Well done to Marcus on a great stint at Woorinen. Couple flags.

How many years did Marcus coach for?

Loved opening the batting with Tim.

Marcus had been enormous for Woorinen. He deserves all the congratulations he gets.

I’m sure he will be back at some stage but time for a new voice for the Tigers and another challenge for Marcus if he wants it.

No doubt he has but will he be able to recruit to the Raiders?
He must see some upside to them that I don’t see. They are a fair way off it atm. I think his first aim will be to get all the good ex locals back like dick o flaherty, maybe o Toole from murrabit. Geez I can’t really think of too many others but I’m sure there will be plenty I don’t know of

He must see some upside to them that I don’t see. They are a fair way off it atm. I think his first aim will be to get all the good ex locals back like dick o flaherty, maybe o Toole from murrabit. Geez I can’t really think of too many others but I’m sure there will be plenty I don’t know of
Jake Dick O’flaherty has already signed at Elmore again. As for O’Toole I don’t think he would go that well in Central Murray anymore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Thomas and Brad Heffer would be 2 I’d try and get back for sure
Think Jack Thomas might be living overseas and not sure about Heffer last I heard was playing down Geelong way. But you’re right those two were very handy juniors that I am sure the club would love to have back. Reckon Heffer was best on in a losing colts granny back in the day as well.

Think Jack Thomas might be living overseas and not sure about Heffer last I heard was playing down Geelong way. But you’re right those two were very handy juniors that I am sure the club would love to have back. Reckon Heffer was best on in a losing colts granny back in the day as well.
Jack Thomas was a great player, Correct lives in England as a performance engineer with the Aston Martin F1 team.
Don’t think Brad has played footy in a few years.
Another one would be Jay Skate his been playing down in Geelong for a number of years.
They have had some good juniors

Jack Thomas was a great player, Correct lives in England as a performance engineer with the Aston Martin F1 team.
Another one would be Jay Skate his been playing down in Geelong for a number of years.
that is correct about Jack, unbelievable achievement for him. Good on the young fella! Traveling the world doing what he loves

It’s a shame how successful their juniors were back in the day that either moved away or didn’t quite come on as they would of liked as senior footballers. Had they keep the majority of their core could of been contending most years. Hopefully they can bounce back up the ladder next season.

It’s a shame how successful their juniors were back in the day that either moved away or didn’t quite come on as they would of liked as senior footballers. Had they keep the majority of their core could of been contending most years. Hopefully they can bounce back up the ladder next season.
unfortunately for lots of small towns and clubs around the country these days kids are relocating to the city and other bigger towns for uni and other opportunities. would be the case for many clubs they would be very strong if they kept there home grown talent!

unfortunately for lots of small towns and clubs around the country these days kids are relocating to the city and other bigger towns for uni and other opportunities. would be the case for many clubs they would be very strong if they kept there home grown talent!
barham need more then a coach, they need a 5 year rebuild. Blokes to by in to the club and want to stay. I’m not sure splurging on a coach and a couple of high end players is the move. They need there locals back for sure dimples.

It’s lalbert by 25 for me

And Nyah defeated by a goal on a Windy day

barham need more then a coach, they need a 5 year rebuild. Blokes to by in to the club and want to stay. I’m not sure splurging on a coach and a couple of high end players is the move. They need there locals back for sure dimples.

It’s lalbert by 25 for me

And Nyah defeated by a goal on a Windy day
yeah agreed on the barham situation

Does anyone know where to find the umpire appointments for this weekends games
or who is doing the both games

Kerang isn't that much bigger neither is cohuna. There doesn't seem to be that pull to go home and play for the raiders. Most kids go to uni or work and don't come back.

Raiders have always produced good juniors.

If callow can't get them back, I can't see demaria doing it either. Maybe it would be easier for the raiders and cohuna to retain players if they played in the Heathcote league, with half the games around bendigo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back