Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

something interesting coming across my desk last night, Ultima looking to the central Murray as a stand alone team. Been voted in at the commitee meaning, they have now put it to the members.

Great idea I think. I hopefully gets psssed through
Where's ultima get their juniors without stuffing tytynder? There's not enough kids to fill all grades for all swan hill clubs

Jarrod Brander the talk of the town, gaining some interest....

It’s a 5 team comp so only 1 side misses finals and they only have 2 grades of junior’s. Fair jump to the Central Murray
My mistake they didn’t make the grand final but it is a 6 team comp and have strong numbers from their under 10 half time match all the way through to their under 17’s champ.

something interesting coming across my desk last night, Ultima looking to the central Murray as a stand alone team. Been voted in at the commitee meaning, they have now put it to the members.

Great idea I think. I hopefully gets psssed through
What colour are these kangaroos going to wear?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a 5 team comp so only 1 side misses finals and they only have 2 grades of junior’s. Fair jump to the Central Murray
It is actually a 6 team comp with Ultima (along with most others) having an auskick set-up plus the new under 12's side to go along with the other 2 junior sides so I don't think lack of juniors is an issue. In fact I think their juniors would be a major reason why they would be looking at a move because if one of the other teams fall over then they would be at risk at losing what numbers they have to Central Murray sides who have more variety of opposition and less byes. I do agree it would be a fair jump in standard but the Golden Rivers is one team leaving away from being unfeasible so they are probably thinking it's better to get out now while in a position of strength rather than delay and have their hand forced

My mistake they didn’t make the grand final but it is a 6 team comp and have strong numbers from their under 10 half time match all the way through to their under 17’s champ.
There's 2 grades of junior footy. The standard isn't anywhere near as high, at junior level. They'd be better off merging with tyntynder and playing 3 or 4 home games at ultima. Most of their players are tyntynder juniors.

Is the school still open? I think it's fanciful they join the central murray

Have heard Barham, Woora & Dogs have asked the question so far
He kicked 92 goals last year former top 10 pick, maybe 25 in he's peak. The asking price would be a minimum 3k a game I'd think to move from Wentworth, where he'd be on probably half rhat.

I'd think north central would be the front runners, maybe sea lake if big Jenko has had enough driving.

I'd think he want to play for a club in the mix, so that rules out raiders and tyntynder

There's 2 grades of junior footy. The standard isn't anywhere near as high, at junior level. They'd be better off merging with tyntynder and playing 3 or 4 home games at ultima. Most of their players are tyntynder juniors.

Is the school still open? I think it's fanciful they join the central murray
Not sure if reported before but I did hear Tyntynder wanted to merge with the roos but they said no as they feel they can come into the league and be competitive. If true I’m sure the dogs wouldn’t be happy with the amount of players leaving.

Really they should merge and be based out at Ultima as the rumour was the council wanted to make Alan garden a cricket only oval? Not sure how true that was either.

Not sure if reported before but I did hear Tyntynder wanted to merge with the roos but they said no as they feel they can come into the league and be competitive. If true I’m sure the dogs wouldn’t be happy with the amount of players leaving.

Really they should merge and be based out at Ultima as the rumour was the council wanted to make Alan garden a cricket only oval? Not sure how true that was either.

Not sure why they’d want a cricket only ground in town when cricket is about stuffed.

Ultima and Tyntynder have had a synergy for many many many years and I really think it should be considered seriously by both clubs

He kicked 92 goals last year former top 10 pick, maybe 25 in he's peak. The asking price would be a minimum 3k a game I'd think to move from Wentworth, where he'd be on probably half rhat.

I'd think north central would be the front runners, maybe sea lake if big Jenko has had enough driving.

I'd think he want to play for a club in the mix, so that rules out raiders and tyntynder

Tooleybuc would be an option if they are keeping all their blokes…although have heard Big Mac is not guaranteed to be back at this stage

Definitely would want to offer the cheque book to get him out of their Trent. Quite a few clubs in the window that could afford him. Imagine him lining up next to Hourrrra what a duo that would be.

I don’t think anyone at Ultima thinks they would be sustainable in the CM. They are well aware that their strength comes from being Swan Hill’s alternative to the CM.

Isn’t the old cricket team called the RooDogs? Tyntynder and Ultima just makes sense imo which would be a shame for me because I love following Ultima but could never bring myself to follow Tyntynder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back