Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Chatting to a couple Ultima people over the weekend, they are very keen to get in to the cmfl.
Their biggest fear is the central rivers board or what every they are called knocking them back.

Also heard there was talk of marcorna looking at moving to LFVL.

I just can’t see how Ultima could be sustainable in the central murray. The rely heavily on recruiting from Central Murray clubs. I don’t see as many people going to play at Ultima if they were going to be playing against there home club.

I seriously reckon a merger is the best option for them

Chatting to a couple Ultima people over the weekend, they are very keen to get in to the cmfl.
Their biggest fear is the central rivers board or what every they are called knocking them back.

A few of Ultimas best players are blokes that come from central murray clubs they’ll lose those boys if they do get into the league. I dont believe there more local players are really up to playing at central murray standards.

One question Macorna are asking players they are trying to recruit is their thoughts about playing for Macorna if they were to move to the Loddon Valley League.

They played in 3 grades in the grand final. Not sure that they'd ever be able to push for a flag. Maybe they think they're a better run club than tyntynder now and could get their juniors to switch. Is there enough kids in swan hill to fill all grades for clubs?

Macorna are looking into the future, although I'm not sure the juniors in the lv is that strong and will fall over if maiden gully and marong leave.

A few of Ultimas best players are blokes that come from central murray clubs they’ll lose those boys if they do get into the league. I dont believe there more local players are really up to playing at central murray standards.
Who are their best players that they would lose if they were too move to the cmfl? I couldn’t think of one

Who are their best players that they would lose if they were too move to the cmfl? I couldn’t think of one
Mitch Makepeace would go back to Swan Hill and Matt Taverna would go back to Boga. Fairly sure the kid Cattlin and Codling would go back to Woorinen as well. If Taverna went back to Boga dare say his brother in laws would follow him back there as well.
Ultima would be better off joining North Central before they tried Central Murray.

Mitch Makepeace would go back to Swan Hill and Matt Taverna would go back to Boga. Fairly sure the kid Cattlin and Codling would go back to Woorinen as well. If Taverna went back to Boga dare say his brother in laws would follow him back there as well.
Ultima would be better off joining North Central before they tried Central Murray.
Do u really think that?

Do u really think that?
I don’t think any of those things would happen. The boga boys left for a reason. Frost was at ultima before boga, Ricky wild a quamby boy wasn’t he? Codling has played at about 5 clubs. I don’t think swan hill tugs at the heart strings of Mitch makepeace either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think any of those things would happen. The boga boys left for a reason. Frost was at ultima before boga, Ricky wild a quamby boy wasn’t he? Codling has played at about 5 clubs. I don’t think swan hill tugs at the heart strings of Mitch makepeace either
I don’t think it would affect the players that are there ot the moment so much as making recruiting in the future harder. How many players would they have at the moment that would fit into the top five players in any team that played finals this year in CM.

I don’t think it would affect the players that are there ot the moment so much as making recruiting in the future harder. How many players would they have at the moment that would fit into the top five players in any team that played finals this year in CM.
No one from what I watched this year , I think they be bottom 3 , which doesn’t matter as long as they don’t lose players and members over the next few years

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back