Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Ultima is a great club full of great people and arrogance is not a word I’d ever use to describe that place.

I personally think the move is not a super idea but wish them luck
I’m a big fan of Clubs being proactive to sure up their future.

I don’t know enough about CMFL to know how well they will go, but Ultima obviously see more of a future in the CMFL then in the decaying GRFL.

That is what I was saying but obviously didn’t come across that way. They will still need to find extra kids to fill a full u12 team and an u10 if they want to play in that comp also.
The u10's comp was only played a few times with a few teams, made up of some 8, 9 and 10's. Some of those 9 and 10 year olds also played in the u12's.. but it was more for fun then anything.
What they should in the cm is score and have a ladder for the u12's, they know who wins and who doesn't and if the u13's netball is scored and have a ladder, finals etc then why can't the u12's?

I'd ask is there enough kids in swan hill? Lalbert used to be aligned with St marys juniors, which helped and lalbert have been doing it for years. I'm not sure if there's enough kids to have all grades filled from swan hill clubs, if I was on the board I'd want to know that as part of their application. Can they fill all grades of football and netball? If they can't, they should merge and get 4 games a year at ultima

The u10's comp was only played a few times with a few teams, made up of some 8, 9 and 10's. Some of those 9 and 10 year olds also played in the u12's.. but it was more for fun then anything.
What they should in the cm is score and have a ladder for the u12's, they know who wins and who doesn't and if the u13's netball is scored and have a ladder, finals etc then why can't the u12's?
Then we can start the u12’s at 7.45 in the morning for finals.

Then we can start the u12’s at 7.45 in the morning for finals.
Not much difference to a normal day anyway, only day that the normal timings would change would be the gf day, they could play on a different field.. there's options there, but if the u13's in netball are allowed then so the u12's in my thoughts..

I'd ask is there enough kids in swan hill? Lalbert used to be aligned with St marys juniors, which helped and lalbert have been doing it for years. I'm not sure if there's enough kids to have all grades filled from swan hill clubs, if I was on the board I'd want to know that as part of their application. Can they fill all grades of football and netball? If they can't, they should merge and get 4 games a year at ultima
Why should they have to merge? Why can’t it be okay if they don’t have an under 15s team in their first year for example? Surely it’s not that big of a deal if there’s an extra bye in the under 15s comp instead of turning away a whole club that is striving to play in a better comp and secure the future of their club instead of just waiting to fold or merge and lose the fabric of their club anyway? There are teams in the central Murray currently that have less numbers than ultima and is only going to get worse,maybe they are the ones that should be told to merge based off your current thinking?

Why should they have to merge? Why can’t it be okay if they don’t have an under 15s team in their first year for example? Surely it’s not that big of a deal if there’s an extra bye in the under 15s comp instead of turning away a whole club that is striving to play in a better comp and secure the future of their club instead of just waiting to fold or merge and lose the fabric of their club anyway? There are teams in the central Murray currently that have less numbers than ultima and is only going to get worse,maybe they are the ones that should be told to merge based off your current thinking?
It’s not just an extra bye though. We don’t play every team twice so some teams would have 2 extra byes and some 1. This affects the ladder, league B&F and goal kicking awards.

It’s not just an extra bye though. We don’t play every team twice so some teams would have 2 extra byes and some 1. This affects the ladder, league B&F and goal kicking awards.
Yes that is true & I do understand that but surely there can be ways to work that out with the draw. Just like do now with the three teams having a bye the same week. Harder I know but it can be done. Anyways if they fielded 3 junior sides this year then it shouldn’t be a worry as that’s all the cmfl are required to have. The under 10s comp isn’t anything official.

Remove this Banner Ad

Central Murray FL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back