Central Murray FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great result to see the Swans get up last Sunday. The swans will be pleased with the form of their second tier players.

Watching the game I thought Lachie Foott was great for the Swans, he provided a lot of drive for them and really contributed to their turn around in the 2nd half. He thorougly deserves his play in the 22 this week after being a bit shaky the week before.

Evening all, I heard today from a top dog at the Eagles that they are seeking a top line coach for season 2009, and looking to pay 25-30k plus $1000 cash per senior player that the coach can sign to the club. Great money we all know that they need to attract some guns, lets hope that they get one and get back into the mix.

Evening all, I heard today from a top dog at the Eagles that they are seeking a top line coach for season 2009, and looking to pay 25-30k plus $1000 cash per senior player that the coach can sign to the club. Great money we all know that they need to attract some guns, lets hope that they get one and get back into the mix.

prob around the mark they offered boyd???

I have heard he will require a pin? any truth in this? Gillingham to come in to take his place you would imagine from the pio's.
Where exactly did you obtain your errant information?? He seems to think it will come up quite nicely. Spoke to him Saturday night and didn't seem too bad. I think the wing being in a sling after the game was precautionary. Filo won't leave anything to chance as would any of the coaches still in the race.
It is nearly that time of year for Kerang, but how has everybody's Mad
Mondays going?? Any tales worthy of a spot on Big Footy??

a little suprised nothing has been said about cal beasy's illness...has lost 7kg, barely trained last night...how big an influence does this have on the result...?

a little suprised nothing has been said about cal beasy's illness...has lost 7kg, barely trained last night...how big an influence does this have on the result...?
It will be interesting to see how he goes. I would think that after his experience and the elite level he would know how to look after himself and be doing everything he can to get up for the game tomorrow. Very good player and will have an influence on the game even if only 90% fit.

Made the trip to Barham today, good performance by the Swans - looking a very good side. Holt the key up forward and Brown holding things together down back. I've got an inkling the Swans could go all the way if there second tier players can stand up eg. Lachie Foott. Very under-rated, who was on him today?

Made the trip to Barham today, good performance by the Swans - looking a very good side. Holt the key up forward and Brown holding things together down back. I've got an inkling the Swans could go all the way if there second tier players can stand up eg. Lachie Foott. Very under-rated, who was on him today?
who was your best player

i believe the swans have played their grand final , Kerang inthe bag 2008 , sean the master coach in the central murray , responding to your qoute i wouldnt be confident on having browny down back , he slow to move and easily pushed off the ball and does not read the play that well from watching him play on good forwards . but the same time congrats to beasy who s got this side to the GF ,

i believe the swans have played their grand final , Kerang inthe bag 2008 , sean the master coach in the central murray , responding to your qoute i wouldnt be confident on having browny down back , he slow to move and easily pushed off the ball and does not read the play that well from watching him play on good forwards . but the same time congrats to beasy who s got this side to the GF ,

You talking about Scott Brown??? Having played a lot of footy with Scott i can assure you that he is a very good reader of the play and from memory has been a very good finals player over the years

Mate, what a rediculous comment at this stage, yes shaun is a good coach getting teams to grandfinals, but if we cast our minds back he has only won 1 think in the last 8 years (if im correct).. 2000 lost to nyah, kerang against balranald 200? they won, had balranald in last year lost and this year, he is a master of getting them in yes, but it doesnt count if you dont win them.... and i think this week it will be a even game across the board...they only beat swan hill by 3 goals on their last meeting.. Both teams are evenly poised backline, midfield and forwards should set up a mouth watering grand final....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, what a rediculous comment at this stage, yes shaun is a good coach getting teams to grandfinals, but if we cast our minds back he has only won 1 think in the last 8 years (if im correct).. 2000 lost to nyah, kerang against balranald 200? they won, had balranald in last year lost and this year, he is a master of getting them in yes, but it doesnt count if you dont win them.... and i think this week it will be a even game across the board...they only beat swan hill by 3 goals on their last meeting.. Both teams are evenly poised backline, midfield and forwards should set up a mouth watering grand final....
great call

yeh thats right and also gibson, coates and morrison all injured wont be playing in the big game..

Ah that old chestnut hey..... the boys wont be playing, i bet you they will... if this is the case what are the extent of the injuries...... who will come into the side to fill their spots......

robertson wont play in GF, needs surgery, completely stuffed his good shoulder. Blues will miss him.

Spoke to the man himself tonight actually. I got a feeling he'll tear the swans a new one come Saturday!!!!

Award Winners:

Jack Betts: Chris Gibson (Ker) 25, Brent Forsyth (LB) 23, Ryan O'Sullivan (TM) 19.
Reserves: Michael O'Toole (KB) 30, Karl Robertson (LB) 22.
Colts: Joel Bramble (Lal) 26, -unsure-, Dylan Keam (KB) 19, Josh Cameron 19.

Here is my Two Cents on Saturday's decider:
I quickly jotted down both sides and likely match-ups and I feel the Swans (who will no doubt go in underdogs) match-up very, very well against KRA. Troy Thamm, Lee and Adam Pollock at various stages, Kobi Wilson and Lachlan Bott on occassion forward for Kerang is dangerous but I see Grant Tasca, Josh Rankins, Scott Brown and Callan Beasy well and truly being able to stop them. Obviously not all the Blues players I mentioned will be forward. One Pollock will always be in the ruck and either Wilson or Bott will be back for sure, maybe both. Up the other end. Hugh Foott, Dwayne Holt, possibly big Nodin Peters, Jason Krueger and on occassion Justin Davies in my opinion will cause alot of trouble for Wilson / Bott, Mark Walter, Bryce Hall and Travis Matheson. I think it comes down to the midfield. If Swan Hill enter their forward line more than Kerang they will be crowned premiers. Foott is too big and strong for any of the Blues backs. And Holt is in ominous form.

One last thing, people are (fair enough too) raving about young gun Chris McMahon, Bombers players Grant Ford and Steve Stroobants whilst Kerang's most talked about are JBM Chris Gibson, Kiel Robertson and Bryden Morison. I think we are fogetting a very capable, yet to reach his pinnacle Justin Davies. I have heard on a number of occassions he has just been coasting until this moment. Saturday he may show why he is still, in my eyes, worthy of a spot on a list.

also looking at the cmfl website it has dwayne holt sitting on 93 goals! if the swans spearhead can reach the magical 3 figures on saturday could we expect the traditional crowd invasion???

I've also decided to show my analysis and prediciton 4 saturday's game:

i believe that this game has it all and we could b in 4 something special... gr8 match ups all around the ground and the midfield battle looks a beauty and will most likely be the determining factor in who wins the game with davies, kruger, mcmahon and co. going up against the the likes of gibson, morrison, robertson (if fit). this provides a fascinating battle as the swans midfielders should be prepared to b accountable as a majority of kerangs score comes from there midfield! the swans backline may have the edge over the kerang fowards with the class of brown, tasca and beasy up against the likes of the pollocks and thamm. at the other end of the ground holt, kruger and h.foott will need to provide the bulk of the scoring for the swans and will need 2 continue there good form throughout this finals series. The x - factors for both sides will b anythony foott from swan hill. a noted performer who received the bog award in 05 and can play at any side of the park and even in the midfield. for the blues young ryan gillingham will need 2 b monitored very closely by the swans as he can b very damaging setting up across halfback, running the lines in the midfield or even marking on the lead and kicking goals up forward..

This game shapes up as one 2 remember with the blues going as favourites but with the swans playing on there home ground will b hell bent on bringing home the holy grail 4 the 18th time!

My prediction; swans by 13 points,
D.Holt 4 BOG with 7 goals that will see him reach the magical 100 goal mark!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back