Central Murray FL

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forty points plus whats the point.
In Sunraysia the clubs begin with 22 a couple of clubs get 3 extra for low pop. and isolation. if you come last you get four extra, 3 if you come 2nd.last and so on. The most points a club could have would be 29 made up of 22 basic 3 for isolation and four for coming last. Recruiting a senior player from an SFL team is five points.
Last year premiers would not have reached double figures.

Re: Points System

The points system in the CML seem to be very different to the approach in Sunraysia. Could someone give us a brief run down.
EG What would the points allocation be if you recruit an established senior player from another CML club.

PLAYER POINTS SYSTEM – New for 2005
With the removal of the salary cap the Central Murray FL Board will implement a player points system for the Senior Competition in 2005. This will be a trial year so no penalties will be applied in 2005. The system, including penalties will be implemented fully in 2006.
In 2005 the number of points available to each club for its senior team will be 40. This will be reviewed in mid 2005 season before a final determination for 2006.

Points system for clubs
The senior team’s total of player points is to be determined on a weekly basis.

The points allocated to a player will be determined by the League or competition from which that player was recruited so that an ex-AFL player who played in a District League in 2004 and was recruited in 2005 would attract 2 points. If he was recruited from directly from an AFL club he would attract 5 points unless he was the senior playing coach where he would only attract 1 point.

Explanation
Local player
A player who played in your Colts, or the CMJFL club affiliated with your club, even if they are returning from another club
Or a junior permit player.
VCFL District League player
e.g. Mallee League

VCFL Major country league player except from Leagues listed as 4 points
VAFA player
Victorian Metropolitan league players
All other states metro and country league players
State League players
Ballarat League

Amateurs
Diamond Valley, Essendon District etc

VFL, SANFL etc
Sunraysia, North Central, Murray, Goulburn Valley and Bendigo League players.

AFL or Player transferring from another CMFL Club

· A non playing coach is 0 points
· A playing coach in the seniors is 1 point. Where there are joint playing coaches only one nominated coach fits this criterion.
· 1 point is deducted from each player for each season he plays at that club until he reaches 1 point where he will remain

This was from 2005 i think a few alterations have been made this year.

Can any Cohuna people confirm that Chris Bounis is heading back to the Sunraysia/Millewa league before clearances close?

Can any Cohuna people confirm that Chris Bounis is heading back to the Sunraysia/Millewa league before clearances close?
Is Chris Belz heading to cohuna before the clearances shut? He has been heard to say that Cohuna is the home of the dykes and that he can turn them also they are impressed with his body but too bad about his face

All this points talk, salary cap etc. How about a radical new system with nothing? Players can play where they want, clubs can spend as much as they want with automatic clearances when no contracts are involved. Then we can get on with it.

Players should be allowed to play football at the club of their choice. If that club wants to pay them.... good on em! What right do clubs and leagues have to decide for whom a bloke plays a game of footy for the year?

Before everyone gets on their high horse answer these first- What has the salary cap or the points system done to even up the comp? Has any system stopped clubs in the CMFL poaching players within? Nothing and No are the answers. Does anyone think Balranald would have done anything differently this year if there was no system? Of course not.

So scrap the lot I say.

We all know where he was going this year if he was allowed. The points for players changing clubs in this league has to go up. The Bucs have got Jacko, Thompson, Brown even Fitzgerald from the two worst teams in the league
What is your critera for judging the worst teams in the league? Performance over the last couple of seasons or flags won in the last 15? Both Lalbert and United have 2 flags each in this time frame, nil for Tolleytang. Also, what if the players were going to leave no matter what and Tooleytang just kept them in the league rather than going to an outside league, Does that keep the league stronger, as some of them did play inter league, or make it weaker??????

What is your critera for judging the worst teams in the league? Performance over the last couple of seasons or flags won in the last 15? Both Lalbert and United have 2 flags each in this time frame, nil for Tolleytang. Also, what if the players were going to leave no matter what and Tooleytang just kept them in the league rather than going to an outside league, Does that keep the league stronger, as some of them did play inter league, or make it weaker??????

Fu<ked if i know

All this points talk, salary cap etc. How about a radical new system with nothing? Players can play where they want, clubs can spend as much as they want with automatic clearances when no contracts are involved. Then we can get on with it.

Players should be allowed to play football at the club of their choice. If that club wants to pay them.... good on em! What right do clubs and leagues have to decide for whom a bloke plays a game of footy for the year?

Before everyone gets on their high horse answer these first- What has the salary cap or the points system done to even up the comp? Has any system stopped clubs in the CMFL poaching players within? Nothing and No are the answers. Does anyone think Balranald would have done anything differently this year if there was no system? Of course not.

So scrap the lot I say.

Paul Power, could you please answer this!

I reckon the points system works well in the Sunraysia F L . But then we are more isolated than the CM and on a whole pay less. Your system seems a little generous with the amount of points available.
When the points system has been in operation for few years and clubs don't get the bonus of all the players at the club when the system was introduced it should do more to encourage home grown players and more prudent spending.

I reckon the points system works well in the Sunraysia F L . But then we are more isolated than the CM and on a whole pay less. Your system seems a little generous with the amount of points available.
When the points system has been in operation for few years and clubs don't get the bonus of all the players at the club when the system was introduced it should do more to encourage home grown players and more prudent spending.
I'm assuming you have zero as a minimum rating where in the CMFL all players have atleast 1 point, this is probably why we are talking 40's to your 20's for total points.. Would be interested to hear more in detail about the systems though as it is an interesting part of local fotty these days.. Also unsure on why you think ours doesn't encourage home grown players?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm assuming you have zero as a minimum rating where in the CMFL all players have atleast 1 point, this is probably why we are talking 40's to your 20's for total points.. Would be interested to hear more in detail about the systems though as it is an interesting part of local fotty these days.. Also unsure on why you think ours doesn't encourage home grown players?

Maybe I'm just unimpressed with the Balranald approach to success and its clouding my judgement.
Perpas the CM could change the name of the premiers trophy to
" whatever their benefactors name is" Won't it be great for the league when his cash finally dries up. One day the team that they thrashed by fifty goals recently (assuming they're still in the CM) is going to beat them at home.

Throw out some names Woof. Anyone from the kennel a chance

i would say parsons and o'toole have had great seasons so far but probably stealing votes. atkins from balranald, anthony foot s.h, goldsmith will poll well for woora, its a pity nyah couldn't win a few more games because matt curran would poll very well. there are a few names but i would say majority of teams are pretty even and not relying on 1 or 2 blokes

Maybe I'm just unimpressed with the Balranald approach to success and its clouding my judgement.
" whatever their benefactors name is" Won't it be great for the league when his cash finally dries up. One day the team that they thrashed by fifty goals recently (assuming they're still in the CM) is going to beat them at home.

his money will be soaking for a few more years unless he has a falling out

The "Jock Campbell Cup" you recon Hillite. I have heard that te money is a long way from drying up though. I can remember not so long ago beating them up there but i am not sure when it will happen again

i would say parsons and o'toole have had great seasons so far but probably stealing votes. atkins from balranald, anthony foot s.h, goldsmith will poll well for woora, its a pity nyah couldn't win a few more games because matt curran would poll very well. there are a few names but i would say majority of teams are pretty even and not relying on 1 or 2 blokes

Hey woof woof, have you forgotten Mark Norton in that list??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back