Politics Centrelink

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't tell me, they can join the 20,000 Qantas workers stacking shelves at Coles. :rolleyes:

Woolies, get it right, Joyce told us Woolies as one of their partner companies. :p

I drove into Wonthaggi this morning at 7am and there was already a queue of about 20 hardy souls.

Listening to Virginia Trioli on the drive back home and they were saying that the earliest they found in Prahran, I think it was, was 4:40am.

Why?

Every person has the right to work and participate in society

There is more work than people

A fair days pay for a fair days work is retained

So please elaborate on how workers are exploited?

Oh and I’d have work for the pension as well. Be it a music class, community chess, singing, community gardening etc

Mental health is a massive issue in society. Participation is a key element to reducing this suffering
Forcing people to do things will create not cure mental health problems
Voluntary participation would work

Your suggestion is that you work for dole, paid by an employer - who is then presumably undercutting minimum wage requirements.

That's why it's exploitation. If they employer has the need for an employee, they need to pay them the minimum wage.

Perhaps look at it this way

1) A worker works or in the case of a pensioner they join a lions group, men's shed, library, school crossing monitor etc
2) This may be and preferably at a council or state based organisation
3) The get paid by that employer who also monitors compliance
4) The employer receives the rebate

The reality is many people are not wort minimum wage for one reason or another. However it is cruel to lock people out of society, simply because they have a mental health issue, an IQ issue etc.

Working for the dole isn't designed to extract $1 of value back from the recipient, rather to give them an opportunity to participate. That's why I also propose extending this to "work for the pension" with the requirement to "belong". I saw this in China (communist) and thought, geez we have so much to learn from communism that nursing homes are not the solution.

Same said with letting peasants rot in outer suburbs, enshrining no hope, by giving them a few bucks and telling them to FO.

It'll be interesting to see where the cards land when this all finishes. History suggests that after crisis' governments tend to be removed from office which means a series of left leaning governments would be tasked with rebuild. I hope that unlike the GFC the cost of paying for all of this won't be shifted onto us mug punters.

Who else is going to pay for it? The government gets their money from us.

It'll be interesting to see where the cards land when this all finishes. History suggests that after crisis' governments tend to be removed from office which means a series of left leaning governments would be tasked with rebuild. I hope that unlike the GFC the cost of paying for all of this won't be shifted onto us mug punters.

Of course mug punters will pay, especially those who aren’t old enough to vote yet.

That’s what has happened all of history. That’s why I’ve been so concerned about our poor government policies and budgets for the last 13 years.

Who else is going to pay for it? The government gets their money from us.

Time for a wealth tax

Collects tax, broadens the tax base and reduces the ability for income tax evasion due to the ability to run reconciliations

1.7m job losses! To think this was all avoidable

Just like war, the fit and healthy's job is to keep up the fight and that is achieved by doing the work and by doing so looking after the vulnerable.

Let's see how we win this war without people doing the heavy lifting. Let's see how the 1.7m fair without welfare.

What did the government think would happen? Further we still have no idea on the exit plan for corona and no idea how to reboot the economy.

laughable

Scomo should be sacked for panicking and shutting down the nation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1.7m job losses! To think this was all avoidable

Just like war, the fit and healthy's job is to keep up the fight and that is achieved by doing the work and by doing so looking after the vulnerable.

Let's see how we win this war without people doing the heavy lifting. Let's see how the 1.7m fair without welfare.

What did the government think would happen? Further we still have no idea on the exit plan for corona and no idea how to reboot the economy.

laughable

Scomo should be sacked for panicking and shutting down the nation.

it's more of a reflection of the lack of production in the country and reliance on service industry jobs

These newbies think it's f’ed now , wait until they get sent to a jobactive agency........

NFP's are under the assumption that they've suspended most of the mutual obligations requirements except for making a list of the jobs you applied for.
We'll have to wait and see how that pans out in practice.
May have been weasel words.

Also, if you are still living at home with your parents then your eligibility might be different. Not sure, but it is all on the website. Always be armed with all the relevant knowledge if you can.
Under 18 may rule out the corona supplement but I haven't checked it out fully yet as don't have any clients under 18.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Stuart Robert isn't the man you put in place when you want things to work properly. He was one of the ministers who was incharge of robodebt; which ahs worked as designed by robbing people.

I can understand this one though. The whole thing is moving very quickly, too quickly for large underfunded organisations to act. Even for well funded and nimble ones really. They greatly under-estimated the demand spike, but even if they had got it right this decision was probably masde no more than 48 houies from announcement and foud days from implementation. Getting the infrastructure in place, and people trained, to get near that demand in that amount of time is impossible.

It could have been better, with the combination of Minister and PM maybe not; but it couldn't be smooth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Politics Centrelink

Remove this Banner Ad

Back