Politics Centrelink

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully this provides impetus for reforming the whole rotten organisation, though of course I'm somewhat cynical.

New government department to decide who gets what, and to help people get jobs and to help when needed.
New private company to bid on the business of distributing the money to those entitled.

The cost of the above will be way less than the current system.

New government department to decide who gets what, and to help people get jobs and to help when needed.
New private company to bid on the business of distributing the money to those entitled.

The cost of the above will be way less than the current system.

you mean like how well replacing the CES with the private sector went?

Wasn’t that already announced last month for pensioners?
Maybe , he didn't mention pensioners but 1 - he can be forgiven for forgetting a few details atm and 2 - wouldn't be the first time he's made a mistake

No, i suggest doing it competently.
Just because something has been tried, doesn't mean its a failure, it means the people doing it were morons.

Who do you think will run it in the private sector? It will be the same firms doing jobactive

No, i suggest doing it competently.
Just because something has been tried, doesn't mean its a failure, it means the people doing it were self-serving.
Fixed that for you.

That's the problem with putting something in the hands of for-profit entities. You're going to have to deal with the cutting of costs and corners.

Maybe , he didn't mention pensioners but 1 - he can be forgiven for forgetting a few details atm and 2 - wouldn't be the first time he's made a mistake
he has been promoted well above his station.. but atleast all his congregation that paid their dues and got him on the ticket have a voice no matter how pathetic it is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fixed that for you.

That's the problem with putting something in the hands of for-profit entities. You're going to have to deal with the cutting of costs and corners.

You just need to define the service they are to supply. The government is traditionally bad at this.

I'd expect a private entity to be able to easily provide online services that don't require nearly every single case to ring up or come into the office.
Why?
Because it would save them money.
Is that cutting a corner?

Doesn't need to be.

the tender will need people with 200-500 sites EACH across the country, who do you think will be bidding?

the jobactive providers would destroy the competition just on cost

NOT ENTITLED UNTIL NOVEMBER FOR PAYMENT!!!!!!
Apparently i am a RICH campaigner, basically told me that i would have to become dirt poor before i get payment.
System is f’ed.
I worked with a bloke years ago who took a redundency he had been in the same job for 45 years he couldn't claim anything for 12 months

I worked with a bloke years ago who took a redundency he had been in the same job for 45 years he couldn't claim anything for 12 months
Sounds familiar.
Not even eligible for the covid payment ($750) as i was made redundant (jan) before it all blew up, told them i have been affected as it has made looking for a new job harder.
Honestly, wasn't expecting the full payment, would of been happy with the concession card (do they still have those).
What have we allowed this country to become?

Sounds familiar.
Not even eligible for the covid payment ($750) as i was made redundant (jan) before it all blew up, told them i have been affected as it has made looking for a new job harder.
Honestly, wasn't expecting the full payment, would of been happy with the concession card (do they still have those).
What have we allowed this country to become?
One where until very recently the unwaged were considered to have brought it upon themselves and were thus undeserving. A system with that sort of structurally ingrained attitude will take some time to adjust to these times.

One where until very recently the unwaged were considered to have brought it upon themselves and were thus undeserving. A system with that sort of structurally ingrained attitude will take some time to adjust to these times.

True and those who are new to the system are in for a huge shock when this ends and the bonus payment ends and they have to live on what the normal payment is.

the tender will need people with 200-500 sites EACH across the country, who do you think will be bidding?

the jobactive providers would destroy the competition just on cost

If they had a system that worked they wouldn't need huge offices.
Online system that worked.
Phone system that worked.
Appointments rather than lines.

If they had a system that worked they wouldn't need huge offices.
Online system that worked.
Phone system that worked.
Appointments rather than lines.

And that requires a call centre with thousands of staff. Jobactive providers bob up again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Politics Centrelink

Remove this Banner Ad

Back