Politics Centrelink

Remove this Banner Ad

They have already proven themselves incapable of running anything effectively.

yet they keep winning the tenders again and again, under govt of both parties

they arent going anywhere

And that requires a call centre with thousands of staff. Jobactive providers bob up again.

STEP 1: ONLINE SYSTEM THAT WORKS....so people don't need to ring up all the time.
Why are call centers even a thing now, can we really not have people working from home taking calls in this day and age?

Anyway what's your problem with Jobactive?

yet they keep winning the tenders again and again, under govt of both parties

they arent going anywhere

then the tenders need to be re-written with clear conditions of service and appropriate penalties for breaches.
Why is it the government are so crap at writing contracts and tenders so that they are wide open for rip off?

then the tenders need to be re-written with clear conditions of service and appropriate penalties for breaches.
Why is it the government are so crap at writing contracts and tenders so that they are wide open for rip off?

Good luck with that.

Look up the intern program, which providers were implicated, and how they were sancioned

The purpose of jobactive is to incentivise people to not use the system

As a side hustle, providers are making billions each year, most of it from providing "training" to jobseekers that usually is no more than adult day care.

Good luck with that.

Look up the intern program, which providers were implicated, and how they were sancioned

Was that part of what they were tendering?
Like i said, if it was me i'd be specifying terms of service clearly, and the penalties would also be clearcut. Not some bullshit sanctioning after the fact.

Like i said, if it was me i'd be specifying terms of service clearly, and the penalties would also be clearcut. Not some bullshit sanctioning after the fact.

Their KPIs are in their contracts, and it's about getting people off welfare as soon as possible

Pushing people out of the system is rewarded by govt

then its the government.
Don't blame the operator.

Wtf?

I have said all along the operators are compromised, but they are doing what the govt want which is why they always keep winning the tenders

You've been going on about hiring new providers, not me

Wtf?

I have said all along the operators are compromised, but they are doing what the govt want which is why they always keep winning the tenders

You've been going on about hiring new providers, not me

I suggested that Centerlink were hopeless at what they do and that practically anyone else would do it better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suggested that Centerlink were hopeless at what they do and that practically anyone else would do it better.

And I told you that they are that way intentionally. Getting and staying on welfare has been engineered to be difficult.

Google Sarina Russo and the Queensland liberal party.

If your employer isn't / can't pay you job keeper until May when they get paid, do you stay on job seeker until then ?

If you are getting Jobseeker you are required to report your income for each reporting period (fortnightly) when you earn it, not when you get paid.
Jobkeeper is income that you need to report.
The issue that you will have if you report your Jobkeeper income is that your Jobseeker payment will be reduced to zero.

The guidelines for how the new arrangements will be policed have not been released, as yet.

STEP 1: ONLINE SYSTEM THAT WORKS....so people don't need to ring up all the time.
Why are call centers even a thing now, can we really not have people working from home taking calls in this day and age?

Anyway what's your problem with Jobactive?

It also requires thousands of staff working in policy, data, reporting, IT, payments, QA, training, legal, corporate, governance, etc etc. It's not just about call centres, being the delivery network for ALL forms of social supports in the country is ****ing enormous.

It also requires thousands of staff working in policy, data, reporting, IT, payments, QA, training, legal, corporate, governance, etc etc. It's not just about call centres, being the delivery network for ALL forms of social supports in the country is ******* enormous.

That's why good systems are important. To minimize those costs.
Whey are they going to develop good systems?

When consecutive governments don't consistently hamstring them with efficiency dividends. It's hard to deliver when costs keep rising but the cuts don't stop.

Yeah well i wouldn't consider that Center-link is a lean ship and it should be.
Most of the cost of welfare should be the welfare, not administering it.
Public service shills will argue, but they can piss off for all i care.

Yeah well i wouldn't consider that Center-link is a lean ship and it should be.
Most of the cost of welfare should be the welfare, not administering it.
Public service shills will argue, but they can piss off for all i care.

Most of the cost is actual welfare.
Morons with no knowledge of the system will argue, and they can continue because their hot air changes nothing.

This isn't directed directly at you, but your comment in general and one or two others that are posting about this.

Government departments are just inept when it comes to tenders / contracts. I spent 10 years in the navy and we always seemed to get bent over by the private contractors.

Ministers and Admirals alike, it seems that once you get to certain levels in public life, some positions require that you be an instant expert on million and billion dollar contracts. I know they have people advising but it never seems to matter, the public always seems to end up with the rough end of the pineapple.

If you are getting Jobseeker you are required to report your income for each reporting period (fortnightly) when you earn it, not when you get paid.
Jobkeeper is income that you need to report.
The issue that you will have if you report your Jobkeeper income is that your Jobseeker payment will be reduced to zero.

The guidelines for how the new arrangements will be policed have not been released, as yet.

I can see a lot of hefty RoboDebts in the future out of this.

That's why good systems are important. To minimize those costs.
Whey are they going to develop good systems?
When we stop using the same Canberra crats that failed last time and stop using the same failed product (SAP) that other departments tried and failed with. Just because an IT magazine says it worked somewhere else.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Politics Centrelink

Remove this Banner Ad

Back