Politics Centrelink

Remove this Banner Ad

I read that and immediately think " the job agencies will become even more feral than they already are "
Best thing about being on the dole and half normal was walking in, flirting with the hot 25-year old and getting out with some pissy 'we'll see you in six months... your plan only includes applying for one job until then...' outcome.

Well the useless pricks have told me I’m cured, I’m no longer disabled despite meeting most of the criteria they have, they’ve assessed me lower…

Now to wait for the report and fight it, **** this useless system.
Thats disappointing and Im sad for you- good luck

2 things - next time you walk into a centre start yelling at the top of your voice about how you can no longer afford meth then sit in the middle of the floor doing circles on the carpet

When called for your interview ask them where the toilet is and then say dont worry I'll go right here and start undoing your trou

It seems to work at Colonnades Centrelink

Thats disappointing and Im sad for you- good luck

2 things - next time you walk into a centre start yelling at the top of your voice about how you can no longer afford meth then sit in the middle of the floor doing circles on the carpet

When called for your interview ask them where the toilet is and then say dont worry I'll go right here and start undoing your trou

It seems to work at Colonnades Centrelink

Thank you, it’s a ****ed system. The irony is to meet their criteria I wouldn’t be able to undertake the phone interview they did…

But yes was also thinking maybe I need a second category, deranged and drug abuser would be an easy one!!!

Thank you, it’s a ****ed system. The irony is to meet their criteria I wouldn’t be able to undertake the phone interview they did…

But yes was also thinking maybe I need a second category, deranged and drug abuser would be an easy one!!!
I use to work for Centrelink.
We read Big Footy.

I know that! I upset some dumb Collingwood supporter on here many years ago who worked for Centrelink so she had me investigated 😂😂😂😂
Tell you what though.
Just take it easy (I know that might sound off-hand and patronising) but working for Centrelink is hellish.
Most staff care about the customers but there is no time, and I mean zero time, to give proper attention.
Domestic violence, chronic health conditions, drug and alcohol abuse, the trauma of child abuse, racial bigotry and exclusion, refugee dislocation and masculine stoicism.
They all eventually manifest themselves one way or another in a Centrelink office.
Most of these are fine and just need a little help and will plough on.
Just too many though and that is when it compounds.
Unfortunately, that is where you are.
Edit: Talking about Centrelink clients but it could easily be the staff too.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was on Centrelink in the 90s, and then again in the late '00s. The big difference I noticed was that there never used to be security guards. I took that as a marker of the standard of service I could expect.

My favourite interaction was when I once rang up and the person on the phone told me I had to do whatever I needed to do in a Centrelink office, and they were adamant, so I drove the two hours to my nearest Centrelink only to be told I could have had my issue dealt with in the service centre that was literally a five minute walk from my house.

Tell you what though.
Just take it easy (I know that might sound off-hand and patronising) but working for Centrelink is hellish.
Most staff care about the customers but there is no time, and I mean zero time, to give proper attention.
Domestic violence, chronic health conditions, drug and alcohol abuse, the trauma of child abuse, racial bigotry and exclusion, refugee dislocation and masculine stoicism.
They all eventually manifest themselves one way or another in a Centrelink office.
Most of these are fine and just need a little help and will plough on.
Just too many though and that is when it compounds.
Unfortunately, that is where you are.
Edit: Talking about Centrelink clients but it could easily be the staff too.

I know it’s not the people who work there, but the current government tightening the noose and trying to save money at the expense of the most vulnerable.

I was very restrained on the call, especially as I was mostly in shock as well as angered as only 24 hours earlier during the JCA consult I had been informed I qualified.

But it’s interesting that I qualified for the DSP easily when I first got it, and my condition has only deteriorated since yet the KRudd Gillard reforms made it harder to get. The lesson I’ve learnt is I should never have gone to full time work so I never had to move off my previous requirements which didn’t even include any job searching.

I was on Centrelink in the 90s, and then again in the late '00s. The big difference I noticed was that there never used to be security guards. I took that as a marker of the standard of service I could expect.

My favourite interaction was when I once rang up and the person on the phone told me I had to do whatever I needed to do in a Centrelink office, and they were adamant, so I drove the two hours to my nearest Centrelink only to be told I could have had my issue dealt with in the service centre that was literally a five minute walk from my house.
Centrelink call centres are outsourced to a contractor now. Staff get trained for a couple of days on how to use the phone and software and are then expected to figure out how to do stuff on the fly by reading a manual while people are on the phone (who are understandably already extremely aggressive due to being on hold for two hours most of the time).

My son was telling me about a conversation regarding his hex debt on the phone. His mother was in the room with him.

Call Centre person : " I'm not going to discuss anything here until XXXX leaves the room".
Son : "Why she's authorised to discuss it"?
Call Centre person : " No she's not "
Son : " I have mygov open, it says right here on the screen that she's authorised".
Call Centre person : " Then you set it up wrong ".
Son: " I don't set anything up in mygov, i can't set things like that up in mygov ".

Son: "Mum, leave the room please."
Mum: Stands there with arms folded, lips pursed
Call Centre person: "Right, lets discuss this"

**** they're moronic at times, but they'd probably get in strife if they didn't stick to the script.
How do you know my ex?

But they "had" legitimately arranged for her to be authorized.

Remove this Banner Ad

Politics Centrelink

Remove this Banner Ad

Back