Club Mgmt. CEO: Craig Vozzo

Remove this Banner Ad

“Importantly, you can be assured that when questioned, Brad was not discussing Tarryn from an EFC list management (or) recruiting perspective.

“Whilst in past years, Essendon (like several other AFL clubs) have discussed Tarryn at list management level, this is not something Essendon has or are currently considering.
Dodoro comes OTT

Bombers further distance themselves from Tarryn Thomas after Brad Scott comments​

Brad Scott’s comments about Tarryn Thomas caused a stir among the AFL community, and questions from some Essendon members prompted an email response from the club to clarify its position. READ THE EMAIL HERE.

Essendon moved to further distance itself from Tarryn Thomas in a letter to some of its members after coach Brad Scott described the sacked footballer as a “good person” back on May 1.

Scott said he hoped the football industry could support and help Thomas. The Bombers received strong feedback from a handful of their members regarding Scott’s comments. The club signed off on an email reassuring them that they were not looking to recruit Thomas and clarifying the club’s position.

“Tarryn’s conduct does not represent behaviours acceptable to anyone in our game or our community,” the email said.

“No one at Essendon condones Tarryn’s behaviour and there is no excuse for the behaviour or the hurt he caused.

“The narrative created in recent days linking Tarryn Thomas to Essendon is inaccurate.

“Importantly, you can be assured that when questioned, Brad was not discussing Tarryn from an EFC list management (or) recruiting perspective.

“Whilst in past years, Essendon (like several other AFL clubs) have discussed Tarryn at list management level, this is not something Essendon has or are currently considering.

“Brad (Scott) is a man of great integrity, with a strong moral compass and longstanding admirable values which include respect, particularly towards women.

“However, Brad’s job as a coach, was and is, the support of his players (past and present) wherever possible.

“This does not include accepting intolerable behaviour or defending the indefensible – this was not Brad’s intentions yesterday when discussing Tarryn and rest assured, he does not condone Tarryn’s behaviour in any way.”

The email was only sent to the handful of members who had contacted the club.

I find the bolded a bit strange, why only send it to the few who complained.????

what sort of action? Flip the desk over? Yell at the work experience kid?
would like to think there would be some serious and stern conversations had behind the scenes. Sure, im advocating Dodoro to be marched out in front of the Ch9 cameras but a more firm approach on coteries no doubt still having fingers in pies, board members having to much say, getting some actual qualified people in and not just jobs for mates that we are so reknowned for.

that's on the football department, yeah?
Should have beaten Adelaide and GC and some poor goalkicking cost us. We would be in 6th and just out of 5th on percentage had we won those games. We aren’t that far off it.

Yes there are issues but they are more list issues (in my opinion). We are trying to make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear and yes Dodoro is still around and it is probably time for him to move on but it is not his or Vozzo’s job to kick goals.

Should have beaten Adelaide and GC and some poor goalkicking cost us. We would be in 6th and just out of 5th on percentage had we won those games. We aren’t that far off it.

Yes there are issues but they are more list issues (in my opinion). We are trying to make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear and yes Dodoro is still around and it is probably time for him to move on but it is not his or Vozzo’s job to kick goals.
I don't buy the "should have kicked straighter" excuse. What if we hadn't of kicked as accurately as we did v Hawthorn (17.5), Bulldogs (15.6).

I would hazard that we are further off it than this time last year. Results have masked the lists short comings and people are seduced by reasons you have listed.

I listed the last 10 % of EFC and not once have we finished in the top 6. That says (a) we don't have good enough fwds and (b) we don't have good enough defence. Last time we finished in the top 6 for % was 2002 (and that was just sneaking in by 1% to 6th).

Club has been horrific in this front no matter what way you play it. Pretty damnign stat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't buy the "should have kicked straighter" excuse. What if we hadn't of kicked as accurately as we did v Hawthorn (17.5), Bulldogs (15.6).

I would hazard that we are further off it than this time last year. Results have masked the lists short comings and people are seduced by reasons you have listed.

I listed the last 10 % of EFC and not once have we finished in the top 6. That says (a) we don't have good enough fwds and (b) we don't have good enough defence. Last time we finished in the top 6 for % was 2002 (and that was just sneaking in by 1% to 6th).

Club has been horrific in this front no matter what way you play it. Pretty damnign stat
I’m not disagreeing that the list has holes amigo. I agree with that bit. That said, I do think that there is a fair bit of knee-jerk on the back of a game that we should have won and were pretty unlucky not to.

The issues that need to be addressed are glaring but at this stage I don’t think Vozzo is one of them and this is a thread about him.

would like to think there would be some serious and stern conversations had behind the scenes. Sure, im advocating Dodoro to be marched out in front of the Ch9 cameras but a more firm approach on coteries no doubt still having fingers in pies, board members having to much say, getting some actual qualified people in and not just jobs for mates that we are so reknowned for.
Do some research.

Do some research.
We have spoken about this ad nauseam old mate. I well and truly believe you that he is not in control as much as he once was however with his face still on the Linkedin contact list he will forever be linked to anything and everything and this is just the first big step Craig could do to show its members and the wider AFL community we are moving forward

We have spoken about this ad nauseam old mate. I well and truly believe you that he is not in control as much as he once was however with his face still on the Linkedin contact list he will forever be linked to anything and everything and this is just the first big step Craig could do to show its members and the wider AFL community we are moving forward
No I am talking about how many non Essendon blokes there are in the football department.

Matt Rosa. Rohan O'Brien. Darren Farrugia. David Rath. Danial Giansiracusa. Dale tapping. Ben jacobs. Cam Roberts . Travis Cloke . Brad Scott. Dan McPherson .Lots of great Essendon names there.

No I am talking about how many non Essendon blokes there are in the football department.
for as long as I can remember we have always gone for Essendon people like some weird satanic cult. From Mark Harvey to Sean Wellman, to Blake Caracella and now Stanton. Dates back to the Gary O Donell days where he just existed.

for as long as I can remember we have always gone for Essendon people like some weird satanic cult. From Mark Harvey to Sean Wellman, to Blake Caracella and now Stanton. Dates back to the Gary O Donell days where he just existed.
Well the blokes in charge are not Essendon. Vozzo . Scott . Rosa . McPherson .

Remove this Banner Ad

Club Mgmt. CEO: Craig Vozzo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back