Ch 7 Commentary - is it intervention time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Morphett, Landy, Roberts, McAvaney, Dennis, Robbo.

We were so spoilt.

Can barely think of more than one caller I actually enjoy listening to now. All of them are painfully grating, cliche ridden, hyperbole machines and more than than they just say dumb nonsensical **** all the time.

We were so spoilt.

Can barely think of more than one caller I actually enjoy listening to now. All of them are painfully grating, cliche ridden, hyperbole machines and more than than they just say dumb nonsensical **** all the time.
Im sorry but Robbo is one of the worst special comments man the game has seen. Constantly ruined great games with his biased nonsense and had zero feel for the theatre of the game. Don scott was light years better.

And dennis was average until he went to nine and they allowed him to unleash his personality.

Roberts, landy and morphett were great though. No disagreeing there.

32 per cent have Taylor or Brayshaw as their favourite play by play commentators according to the AFL fan survey. Scary stuff. Russell at 9 per cent is baffling too.

That’s all the ammunition 7 needs to keep them around.

We were so spoilt.

None of which called on Radio -in a nutshell that’s the difference

All double up across both mediums - it’s a very incestuos closed shop boys club

None of which called on Radio -in a nutshell that’s the difference

Spot on.

Many TV commentators fail to let the pictures do the talking whereas in radio they need to 'paint the picture' (and also stop the emergency tape kicking in because not enough dB).

Weak producers / directors at Ch7 (and Fox) doesn't help.

I honestly don't get the hate for Russell, I think he's fine and much better than any members of the car crash club on 7.
This is not the thread for Derwayne, but he's the worst commentator I've ever heard, in any sport. He's just a cliche jukebox that's powered by Red Bull.

BT is also terrible, to stay on topic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back