Traded Chad Wingard [traded with future 3rd to Hawthorn for Burton, #15, #35 and future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Herald Sun journalist Sam Edmund has revealed a big Victorian club has enquired about the availability of Port Adelaide star Chad Wingard.

Wingard had a disappointing season for the Power by his lofty standards, booting 22 goals - his second lowest tally since his debut season in 2012, and averaging 20.8 disposals a game.

The 25-year-old is contracted until the end of 2019, but Edmund says that hasn’t stopped one Melbourne based club from potentially looking at acquiring the services of the two-time All-Australian.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2018/08...b-has-enquired-about-power-star-chad-wingard/

Been reported as the hawks who are interested. Clarko rated him the best player in the comp a few years ago so doesn’t surprise me there’s interest. Can’t see port letting him go though, they’ve loaded up for a crack at a premiership, you don’t just let guys like wingard go when your pushing for a flag. Would also cost too much for us trade wise

If Port bring in Lycett after bringing in Motlop, Rockliff and Watts last year then sell Wingard while his value is down they have rocks in their heads.
I think the point is that we will trade him to get up the draft. We would keep him otherwise.

It would have no relation to Motlop, rockliff or Watts whatsoever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gray.westoff.polec.jonas all had a better year then Chad. No question his form picked up later in the year but he was down for a patch an the year before.
To be fair you just named our top 5 in the Bnf. He was getting starved of opportunities in the forward line due to our crappy play style. He became our best midfielder by the end of the year

To be fair you just named our top 5 in the Bnf. He was getting starved of opportunities in the forward line due to our crappy play style. He became our best midfielder by the end of the year

I guess it depends if port seems him as a mid or forward an if Chad wants a pay rise which would be laughed at as he signed on after his AA year..

Port would be nuts to trade him of course with gray being 30..

Biggest dribble going around so far! Rumour was he pretty much was draft tampering to stay in South Australia.

Will be a 300 game player at Port

He actually had a good year. I dont think David King watched a single port game
It is the David King special, pick a team that under performed and say they need to trade away gun players

Last year was saying we should trade Gunston, Breust and those types.

Was excellent in the midfield. leave him there!
If we trade him would have to be for huge overs and hes a gun as is.

Cant see Port doing it.. or even him wanting to go to vic but you never know!
Would be a huge trade!

I think the point is that we will trade him to get up the draft. We would keep him otherwise.

It would have no relation to Motlop, rockliff or Watts whatsoever
If you guys trade him, you will regret it. He is one of the few guys on your list that can be very much A grade when he is playing well - he can be a match winner and for whatever reason he has been down. I would be working on ways of getting him to recover his form because you could get a good kid for the pick(s) you would get for him, but the chances of that kid being having the X factor and ability to change games Wingard has is quite remote.

The horror scenario would be trading him to Hawthorn then he rediscovers his form and under clarkson goes on to be another Burgoyne

If you guys trade him, you will regret it. He is one of the few guys on your list that can be very much A grade when he is playing well - he can be a match winner and for whatever reason he has been down. I would be working on ways of getting him to recover his form because you could get a good kid for the pick(s) you would get for him, but the chances of that kid being having the X factor and ability to change games Wingard has is quite remote.

The horror scenario would be trading him to Hawthorn then he rediscovers his form and under clarkson goes on to be another Burgoyne
I agree

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Chad Wingard [traded with future 3rd to Hawthorn for Burton, #15, #35 and future 4th]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back