Unofficial Preview Changes and pre match discussion vs Gold Coast - Rd17 Saturday 6 July

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to see Logue come in soon - however I don't see them dropping Corr or Dawson. Wonder whether we would benefit trying Griff up forward. It obviously puts him at a higher risk of re-injury but he would surely do better than Pink.
Finnbar in for pink if they want to keep going very tall

Otherwise I think we can drop pink and have a smaller forward line and not replace like for like

Souv, teakle, ford, Zurhaar, PC, CT should be able to take enough marks

In terms of Logue he’d be replacing Dawson, Dawson is serviceable but is depth if Logue is ready

McKercher in is the main one for me. Not sure on outs just yet.

Powell had a funny game, was pretty average but also used the ball better than everyone except Sheezel.

Stephens has to start on a wing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Powell kick started us end of 3/4 I recon. Just needs more centre appearance oppty IMO

Powell kick started us end of 3/4 I recon. Just needs more centre appearance oppty IMO

I was pretty annoyed at him yesterday, but looking at the stats, you are right 17% CBA was much lower than I anticipated without GW.

Jy had 92% which must be the highest number this year from one of our mids, he was putrid after a strong few weeks since return.

The 17% may be an indication of Clarko and where he rates him though.

People will disagree with me, but I see him as clear trade bait at the end of the year.

Thinking outside the box... with Logue returning, could we trial Corr in Pink's new role? Send him up the ground to contest marks along the wing?

I like the sound of Logue - Comben - Dawson as our three tall defenders.

If so...

Logue for Pink
Hardeman for McDonald
McKercher for Taylor
I'd be all for that. Can take a pretty good contested mark and it would we least limit defensive brain fade

Dawson got the capacity to match King?

They almost look like cousins fwiw

Wilphil to Rowell or Touk?

Touk has murdered us the last few games
l would like Wilphil to tag Touk...he's the one that needs to be stopped. Have Shiels tag Rowell and Sheezel or LDU on Anderson..leaving LDU or Sheezel free to run amok..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t rush Logue, I would give him a couple more weeks build his match fitness and get in a good groove of form.

Regards,
Ligma

Logue for Pink. 2 games in the VFL is enough.

Greenwood for Shiels. 25d and 12 tackles in the VFL. Need more grunt with Wardlaw out.

McKercher for Stephens. McKercher too good for VFL.

Logue, Comben, Dawson talls. Corr can play on smalls.

Phillips on Anderson.

Curtis Taylor sub.

Greenwood to help free up LDU in the middle and prevent Rowell, Miller, Anderson clearance domination. Wardlaw out really hurt us yesterday (-12 clearances).

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Reckon there are 3 games in the run home that are winnable and this is one of them.

In - Mckercher
Out - Stephens

I’d start Taylor as Sub

Defenders - Comben, Corr, Tucker, LMac, Fisher, Dawson, Archer

Forwards - Larks, BT, Pink, Cam, Paul Curtis, Sheez, Ford

Mids - Xerri, LDU, Jy, Powell, Phillips, Scott, Shiels, Colby

I’d be tagging Anderson

Powell has been real nasty the last month has he? Been shifted to a flank to accommodate Phillips but picked up 22 possies yesterday.

Look harder.
Typically, natural inside midfielders don’t get moved to the half back line unless they’re not going too well.

His disposals were mostly ineffectual and didn’t get nearly the drive Tucker or Fisher had. If Kerch comes back in, he’d be the one I’d be offing.

This game is mandatory attendance for shinboners.

If you have something on, cancel it.

Attend.
LOL love your spirit but we be lucky to get 20k are supporters won’t turn up just like yesterday.
I just wish this club had the stones to put out an Audit on how many members we have got in each category including reserved seat Ticket Holders.
But this won’t happen.

Interesting finish to the season coming up.
Is the last month another false dawn?
We did win the first 2 games last year and apparently we’d turned the corner then……
Is this last month any different? We have 1 win against the 2nd worst team without its 2 best mids to show for it.

I’m just keeping the champagne on ice for the moment.

Suns at Marvel…..I’m not sure what to expect. Will an honourable loss suffice??? I honestly don’t know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back