10k Posts
Oct 13, 2003
melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Saints outs:
MG = highly likely to be out injured.
gram = considered another possible injury
Dal Santo = Low probability of being out injured.
Goddard = possible report - ceared
Eddy = possibly dropped.

Saints Ins:
McEvoy = Not the quality of MG but solid ruck forward
Jack Steven = pacy midfielder, disposal an issue as well as experience and body mass
Armitage = was solid till a leg injury, unlikely selection
Rhys Stanley = Unlikely in, pacy tall, not much body mass

Pies outs:
Jolly = Possible report - cleared
Ben Johnson = possible report - cleared

Leon Davis = possible dropped

Pies ins:
Tyson goldsack = hard young midfielder
Presti = quality defender, issues with injury and tank size
Tarkyn Lockyer = champion player, but getting long in the tooth.

---

collingwood look the more settled and 'healthier' side, saints have a few quality players to plug in, but a worst case scenario of 5 outs would be difficult to cover.

i think probably only MG, Leon davis and gram are in question.

---

edit 12.12

Unconfirmed

rumours cloke leg/ankle is not up to scratch but will play injured deep in the goal square because of his marking presence and rumours on balls fitness as well.

sorry, hows it trolling?

the saints have more issues to deal with and will be waiting on the MRP with some blood pressure rising till the hopeful all clear.

pies will be worried about Jolly but johnson is a low prob, jumper punches don't get looked at. Leon and eddy will be looked at by the selection panel.

Gram is struggling, he had no run in the GF.

I see Gilbert being used forward.

For team balance we can't have McQualter, Eddy and Gilbert all playing as defensive forwards.

I'd love to see Steven or Armitage come in for that little extra class up forward.

Pies changes for mine:

Out: Davis, Beams, Blair
In: Presti, Goldsack, Lockyer
Beams is a goalscoring mid and has credits in the bank for his season imo. Big mistake if you drop him because he is capable of a 25 possession, 3 goal game. Lockyer is past that matchwinning phase imo and won't add anything unique. Why would you bring Presti in as well consideringn you want to drop 3 smalls/mids?

I see Gilbert being used forward.

For team balance we can't have McQualter, Eddy and Gilbert all playing as defensive forwards.

I'd love to see Steven or Armitage come in for that little extra class up forward.
I'd bring in Stanley for Eddy. Someone who could do the freakish thing for someone who doesn't appear to add anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd have steven's ahead of stanley. eddy can do the freakish but I think just had a crap game.

steven's is that annoying pacy midfielder/half forward who can kick 3 goals in 5 minutes and then do nothing all game, have a 20 possession game, or just do nothing for 100 minutes at this stage.

We really lack pace. stanley has pace but I don't think he has footy nous at this stage to contribute.

Beams should stay. Got a feeling Leon will as well.
Goldsack would be the likeliest to come back.

Can't see anyone missing through suspension.

as a saints supporter I'm really sweating on goddard. I don't think there was any intent but you never know with the MRP, reckless is a big word here.

johnson's jumper punches, well those were to the upper chest, if he connected hard on the head he'd be in trouble so unless they are being hard, he'll be off.

Jolly, for a big man, there wasn't any recoil in the head when he connected so he could argue he was going for the spoil and pulled it, so about reckless is all i can see for him, should be off but again, its the MRP.

Collingwood and st kilda will both be hoping for the all clear, i think dimwit, after the bonanza of week 1 will put in a quiet word to the MRP to let this go I think. He doesn't really care about collingwood or st kilda but the $$$.

I'd bring in Stanley for Eddy. Someone who could do the freakish thing for someone who doesn't appear to add anything.

Stanley needs to work on his tank. ie Put him in multiple 200m races with Riewoldt and he'll win the first 2, Riewoldt will bury him from there on in.

That game on the weekend was made for brutes, not stick insects, perfect for Stevens or Armitage.

as a saints supporter I'm really sweating on goddard. I don't think there was any intent but you never know with the MRP, reckless is a big word here.

As a Pies supporter I hope you're right :D

It is a joke the MRP but to put the book away for the past few weeks and then bring it out again would be beyond even them I'd have thought.

bit harsh on cloke.

took some towering marks. his kicking is always going to cause you woes, but in truth there are few better contested marks than him at collingwood.

he might kick 3.3 but he has 3 shots at goal other forwards wouldn't get...

was choked with crap delivery much like rooey was for us.

if his leg/ankle is injured, then pump him full of PKs and park him in the goal square, will neutralise one of our defenders, and 1 out, might be annoyingly dangerous.

Beams is a goalscoring mid and has credits in the bank for his season imo. Big mistake if you drop him because he is capable of a 25 possession, 3 goal game. Lockyer is past that matchwinning phase imo and won't add anything unique.

He kicks straight.

McEvoy will be named but I have my doubts that he'll play.
Saints are better off with Kosi/Blake mobile rucks and relying on 3rd man up to bash the ball forward and this is how they dominated the contests on the weekend.

McEvoy is a slow dinosaur and I reckon Lyon will bring in another utility mid.

As a Pies supporter I hope you're right :D

It is a joke the MRP but to put the book away for the past few weeks and then bring it out again would be beyond even them I'd have thought.

aye

at this time according the press the three under review are goddard, jolly and Ben Johnson.

given the saints have already lost MG, even if all 3 are suspended for 1 week, the outcome is worse for the saints.

i can't really see johnson getting nailed, the only ones who will be looked at jolly and goddard.

McEvoy will be named but I have my doubts that he'll play.
Saints are better off with Kosi/Blake mobile rucks and relying on 3rd man up to bash the ball forward and this is how they dominated the contests on the weekend.

McEvoy is a slow dinosaur and I reckon Lyon will bring in another utility mid.

mcevoy can mark and kick and fight on the ground, good mobility but lacking pace.

I think IF jolly goes by the MRP, fraser will be looked at and mcevoy will be guaranteed a spot, but i think he's in anyway as Ross likes his work ethic.

The only change we will make will be McEvoy in for Gardiner.
Malthouse has big decisions to make though. I think he will give basically everyone a second chance and just get them to use the feeling they have from playing poorly. Surely Presti will not come back. After what Baker said about blowing out after quarter time I would not be confident of Presti keeping up with Riewoldt. Goldsack is the one for me because of his flexibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Changes for round 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back