Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Round 21 vs. Melbourne, Fri 05/08, 7:50pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had to guess I’d say the personnel in the midfield will change in 2023. Hence Finn not quite cracking it yet but putting in a big preseason and killing it next year.

As keen as I am to see him succeed, I want him to prepare for success.

Mind you not a bad bar to set. Henry - a reasonably dependable goal kicker - can’t get a game either!

McInnes macrae Henry Kreuger…..that’s a pretty good starting lineup of vfl players who will bang the door down next year.

He was one of my faves back in the 70s, used to do well in the kicking comps on World of Sport, I like big torps

Useless footballer though, never got going
Not useless. You’re right though, he never got going. Injuries and suspension didn’t help.
John’s a relative and got my grandfather and me into the pies’ rooms when I was a youngster.
I think John was steak knives in the Carmen trade.

Anyone who makes it to the top and plays a game let alone 50 it a hundred is a talented footballer. At the top level every flaw and deficiency is ruthlessly exposed. They did their best. I don't like the word spud being used to describe any AFL footballer. You can point out their lack of certain attributes without dismissing them out of hand

Yep, they would have been the guys at school that dominated.

Not useless. You’re right though, he never got going. Injuries and suspension didn’t help.
John’s a relative and got my grandfather and me into the pies’ rooms when I was a youngster.
I worked with a relative of John back in the day. Donna as I recall. I was a bit sweet on her, and I was a bit in awe that her cousin(?) was a VFL footballer.

He played in a strong era, wasn't easy to get a good run

I used to get pretty excited when he got picked, hoping he'd rip off one of those huge torps in a game

Did Langdon say Collingwood are "all dick and no dunner"? :think:

Adams' absence will hurt but happy to have Checkers return.

Bianco's first quarter last week wasn't awesome but to his credit he kept working and still made a contribution. Fair to drop him.

It's amazing that we have enough forward line options that we can afford to keep Ollie Henry out; who at the start of the season would have thought we'd be here?

We are expected to lose but I'm excited to see what this side can do tomorrow. Thanks to the lesser Langdon for the motivation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope some of your players target Langdon and make it a long hard night for the flog
McCreery would be the man for the job. Slung a few players over the boundary in recent weeks.

Macrae must have some knock against his name because he is a superb player incredibly unlucky not to be playing. If he parked his car at Arden Street, he'd have played in all games this season.
As with all young players their best chance of grabbing a spot is pre-season and keeping it. Senior players shall return, but have the attitude that they can take someone else’s spot.

A run of games gets them used to the tempo and decision making of team mates.

A so called footballer, whatever level , at least has to be able to kick over a jam tin , Little boy Cal is now been gifted the kick outs in the Magoos. 🤣 , but hang on , he was“ recruited” as a midfielder, no wait , we play him forward pocket , say what ? Can’t get involved there ,… let’s hide him down that little back pocket , we can minimise the damage
Jerk

Just reading through Langdon’s comment and it doesn’t even make sense.

They literally played fast as against the Dockers. Demons only had 64 marks (Fremantle had 92) and they lost the disposal count.

They played fast and his statement contradicts itself.

Apparently, we are good when we are fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back