Preview Changes/Preview - Round 9 v Hawthorn (Steven May 200th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha it wasn't the people who were unsure about it, it was the ones who thought the club was ruined, Mahoney was bent over etc that I get the joy out of. They had such a strong opinion yet clearly never watched May actually play.

They watched Jack Riewoldt kick 10 on him that time, that was the only game they saw im pretty sure.

Interesting that JJ is dropped.

Tmac in the emergencies in case JVR is suspended :$
Bottom-four side. T-Mac's time to shine.

By shine, I mean kick four (at least two joe the gooses) and cement his spot for the next month.

Interesting that JJ is dropped.

Tmac in the emergencies in case JVR is suspended :$
I’m not shocked JJ is out, I think the sub will be him or Harmes.

JJ out was the obvious way to get Spargo in and Spargo looked too good in that VFL game to ignore. Maybe if Chandler or ANB had a niggle that could’ve been the other way for Spargo to return, but that would just create the same problem once the niggle was sorted out.

The other option was to drop Turner for Spargo and just play a short backline because Hawthorn have a short forward line. Even shorter now with Fergus Greene as a medium forward getting dropped.

I’m not shocked JJ is out, I think the sub will be him or Harmes.

JJ out was the obvious way to get Spargo in and Spargo looked too good in that VFL game to ignore. Maybe if Chandler or ANB had a niggle that could’ve been the other way for Spargo to return, but that would just create the same problem once the niggle was sorted out.

The other option was to drop Turner for Spargo and just play a short backline because Hawthorn have a short forward line. Even shorter now with Fergus Greene as a medium forward getting dropped.

Yes James needs to add something to his game otherwise I feel he will always be that fringe player.
- Of course that is easier said than done.

Be nice if they made a decision some time this year...

Yes James needs to add something to his game otherwise I feel he will always be that fringe player.
- Of course that is easier said than done.

Be nice if they made a decision some time this year...
Yeah, he's a bit too vanilla. Love his defensive efforts though and that's ultimately what gets him games. Once Koz and Riv started to get more mid time, and we got Hunter into the club, JJ became permanent fringe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Tmac, but he’s just done, you genuinely don’t notice he’s out there anymore, like playing a man down, would rather BBrown if JVR is out.

TMac and Ben Brown when they play a bottom four team

shaq-kobe.gif

Steven May’s 200th what? Beer?

TMac and Ben Brown when they play a bottom four team

shaq-kobe.gif
Poor BBB. 8 goals in 2 games before his back gave out against the teams in 4th and 7th. I don’t love him but he’s much better than TMac

Visceral reactions:

Steven may have to gagf - stop losing your feet in marking contests

JVR - see you in 12 months, the most ugly thing ever seen on a football field. We need to get this THUG out of the CLUB.

Salem - witches hat again, delist.

Harmes - SUPER SUB FLUB 👀

Petracca - didn’t higher his eyes enough today 🚮

Gumby - worst episode ever, bring back pokey

Viney - he may be A RISING STAR 💫👀

Lever - 🧔‍♀️ 👀

Brayshaw - 🫡

Gawn - could he be THE BEST SET SHOT IN THE AFL? NO. 🚮

Hunter - Jayden was back to his old brainfarting self tonight AND WE LOVED IT 😍

Oliver - WRHOG 💩 🧑‍🦰

Clangdon - I like that he stopped clanging as much tonight 👌 I didn’t like that his strategy to do this was to not TOUCH THE BALL! 👎🏻

Bowey - BOW WOW YIPEE YO YIPPEE YAY

Jim Jones - drank the koolaid ☠️

Rivers - will miss out his 4th RISING STAR NOM 🚮🗑

ANB - needs to change his name to BAN 🚮🗑

Fritsch - another cassowary killed on a Queensland road trip 🦚 🔪 🩸 🪦

Swallow - sadly flew into a window 🪟 🐦🚮

Petty - I’M RUNNING DOWN A DREAM 🗑🚮🔪🩸🪦

Pickett - we might only get 16 first round draft picks after that handpass 🚮🗑

Chaminda - 🇱🇰 🏏🚮🗑👀

Judd - worst game of his career, THE OLD GREY MARE AINT WHAT SHE USED TO BE.

McVee - has joined anonymous 🚮🗑

Disco - COULD HE HAVE HAD TOO MANY 🪩 💃 🍪 ? 👀

Out: Everyone

In: 2004 MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB.
You took me on quite a journey there. Thanks for the memories.

I think the sub has to be from the emergencies doesn't it? Harmes isn't listed there. Reckon it will be JJ or Laurie.
Yep, you’re right. I didn’t check the emergencies before saying I thought it may be Harmes.

I’d tip JJ this week, more versatile than Laurie who is a mid/forward and there’s plenty of those types already in the team. Laurie was the “emergency” sub for the agile Coast game so is close. He didn’t play after 3Q time in the VFL just in case there was a pre AFL game injury.

Yep, you’re right. I didn’t check the emergencies before saying I thought it may be Harmes.

I’d tip JJ this week, more versatile than Laurie who is a mid/forward and there’s plenty of those types already in the team. Laurie was the “emergency” sub for the agile Coast game so is close. He didn’t play after 3Q time in the VFL just in case there was a pre AFL game injury.
Yeah agree on that. Personally I'd much prefer Harmes as sub as opposed to JJ, just for the leg speed, so would be interested to know why Harmes wasn't an option. Maybe wanted him playing a full game at VFL level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back