Prediction Changes v Hawthorn (Round 18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jackson will not try to body Meek. He will do what he did against Nankervis, jump early and into the body.
Jacko's classic was at the start of the third quarter I think it was.Jumped into Nank, took control of the abll, landed and like a gazelle he was outa ther delivering a lightening pass forward. Two kicks a goal.:D:D

That's exactly what I'm referring to when I say boding him, as opposed to wrestling with him - which he would lose.

Just get some physicality into Meek so he doesn't get to do what he wants.

Banners does not go out of the team.As has been sdaid before by Longmuir, he has a role to play. Every week it is different. He is probably the most versatlie player in the team and squad.He plays forward, he plays wing, he plays down back, he tags, he runs through the mid field.
I never cease to be amazed that supporters want players rested simply because they ahve played a certain number ogf games in a season. They have trained all summer for thst.Someone suggested earlier that Johnson should be rested.. why? he is in the best form of his short career and his body is hardened to play at the level required.
Teams don't spell players like race horses. There would not be a player in the squad that would want a REST at this stage of the season. They have just had their REST with the bye.
Maybe you can debate Chris Scott on the merits of resting players.

Banfield's decision making has had an adverse effect on the team the last few weeks. But it's not to punish him for that, but get him back to his best.

So it's not so much a "rest" per se, but a chance to tune up mentally. All players are different and the art of coaching is to know which reins to pull and when.

Any chance of a Reidy debut this week rather than bringing Voss in? He has improved significantly in the WAFL this year, had 16 touches and 38 hitouts on the weekend. Would be a like for like replacement for Darcy, keep our forwardline structured around Treacy who is in amazing touch

Maybe you can debate Chris Scott on the merits of resting players.

Banfield's decision making has had an adverse effect on the team the last few weeks. But it's not to punish him for that, but get him back to his best.

So it's not so much a "rest" per se, but a chance to tune up mentally. All players are different and the art of coaching is to know which reins to pull and when.
I see it differently. To me as I said is our most versatile player. He has battled to get his spot on a full time basis. Leave him there.
Not sure what Chris Scott has to do with it.

I like the fact no one is calling for Baners
and Jom to come out.
Even Wags played a solid game.
It's an all-round solid effort.
Maybe it's time to rotate the old sore and tired so everyone is fresh for the f word..
Banfield?
Nah, he’s far from getting dropped. He’s versatile, offensive and is a link up player.
He should be wing, but JOM has been really smart in defence that he has shut down elite wingers lately

That dude is cursed. Hope he gets a decent run at it when he gets back. Good player to watch.
Unfortunately I think he's at the point where it's a minor miracle if he gets back to his best for any length of time. You really hate seeing gun players robbed of their career 😔

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance of a Reidy debut this week rather than bringing Voss in? He has improved significantly in the WAFL this year, had 16 touches and 38 hitouts on the weekend. Would be a like for like replacement for Darcy, keep our forwardline structured around Treacy who is in amazing touch
Probably unlikely as the mids aren't used to him and it might impact our stoppages too much.

Jon Ralph calling us a 'white-hot' Fremantle. He didn't listen to Longmuir's post match assessment of the Fremantle performance. He is a Richmond supporter though, so more likely it's a comment to put a favourable light on their loss.

The weather looks OK for Launceston so far. Cold, but no rain forecast, and not much wind.

I see it differently. To me as I said is our most versatile player. He has battled to get his spot on a full time basis. Leave him there.
Not sure what Chris Scott has to do with it.
You may see it differently, but I'd say from the wrong (reactionary) end of the stick. It's folly to just close your mind to options.

I'm appreciative as to Banfield's merits as anyone. I've noticed the meticulous approach and preparation he's displayed in preseasons and he shows no small MdB quality about him.

He can play high quality football, but his bottom level is more in line with the 15-30 ranked players. He has less room to drop off, is not indispensable and it's a little nuts to say he (or anybody for that matter) stays in no matter what and that there aren't alternative approaches that might help his form.

You may see it differently, but I'd say from the wrong (reactionary) end of the stick. It's folly to just close your mind to options.

I'm appreciative as to Banfield's merits as anyone. I've noticed the meticulous approach and preparation he's displayed in preseasons and he shows no small MdB quality about him.

He can play high quality football, but his bottom level is more in line with the 15-30 ranked players. He has less room to drop off, is not indispensable and it's a little nuts to say he (or anybody for that matter) stays in no matter what and that there aren't alternative approaches that might help his form.
Agree to disagree.

He is still best 22. Therefore he will play.

It really isn't rocket science.
Walters is a liability, has been for quite a while. He knows where to run but constantly goes to ground and beaten in contests. His tackling is terrible and lacks pace. He kicked a couple of goals and I’d wager that if someone else was in they would have kicked them without his opponent running off and damaging us the other way. He is done!

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Changes v Hawthorn (Round 18)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back