Charity Shield!

Remove this Banner Ad

• Banned
Sweet, well id love to go, but ill be out of Sydney on the weekend. But i'll be finding the nearest RSL, and cheering on those mighty......ummm, rabbitohs! :p

They really expecting that sort of show up? I know the game last year (i went to that), got 35k, but now with the Souths hype dying off, id be surprised (but happy) if they got 25,000

Any idea of the number of tickets sold so far?

Cheers,
Moffo

Here again I only managed to catch the last half of the game...just can't get used to the idea that rugby league is being shown live again.....its all come up so quickly and now I can't wait for it to start again....especially after going to the Storm Family Night it just enthused me to see Olympic Park again.

From what I saw of the game on TV (hope its replayed again during the week), looks like the Rabbits will improve this year, with the likes of Fletcher, Walker and Rigon.

And I am sure the Dragons will do well again this year.

Souths will never do any good until they get rid of Tugger Coleman. He has absolutely no idea about coaching, I wouldn't let him coach an under 12's team let alone a NRL side.

When they run last this year hopefully the blame is directed at the right man.

• Banned
Gday Styal, good to see you in here

Ive heard a lot of people say similar things about Tugger, and can see where you are all coming from. But im willing to give him 6 games with a full strength team, and if he does nothing, than flick him.

He is on his last chance with me to be honest

The crowd was 21,000. Although i was in a slightly 'substance influenced' state, it looked a lot more. U agree Tutaki?

Moffo

No 21 000 was about right.

and Styal is right, Coleman is Souths main problem give him a couple of weeks and you'll see that even with a big spending spree in the off season he wont be able to make them gel.

Saints played well and I was impressed with firman and the general kicking game.

Originally posted by St. Tuttler
Saints played well and I was impressed with firman and the general kicking game.

Was going to ask for some impressions of Brett Firman. Does he look like he'll make the grade? He got a few mentions in the match reports.
Reason I ask, he was born in Temora, which means he and Trent Barrett were both born in the same town. (One for the trivia buffs.) I played Aussie Rules with his dad before they moved up Pt Macquarie, his old man was a very nuggety bloke, and it looks like Brett will be the same once he finishes filling out. And having a bit of an Aussie rules background would be a help with his kicking game.

Originally posted by The Hippie
Was going to ask for some impressions of Brett Firman. Does he look like he'll make the grade? He got a few mentions in the match reports.
Reason I ask, he was born in Temora, which means he and Trent Barrett were both born in the same town. (One for the trivia buffs.) I played Aussie Rules with his dad before they moved up Pt Macquarie, his old man was a very nuggety bloke, and it looks like Brett will be the same once he finishes filling out. And having a bit of an Aussie rules background would be a help with his kicking game.

He has been a standout player in both trials we have played in, and it looks like he will be the starting half back for this year, I'm hoping he is the steady solid halfback we've been desperately looking for since Noel Goldthorpe left. Saw him hobbling at the Leagues club after the game but have heard everything is sweet with his injury.

Last year we had massive problems with our kicking game, Trent Barretts kicks were embarrassing and thats putting it kindly. Brett during the charity shield impressed everyone with his kicking game. I've never seen people stand up and applause a kick before in my life, but the people around me at the charity shield did with some of Bretts kicks, I think it was relief that we found a good kicker.

Anyway, we've nick named him "Wonder Boy" so look out for "Wonder Boy" Chants and banners at Saints games this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Charity Shield!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back