News Charlie Dixon - Traded to . . . ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
'All parties have arrived at the same conclusion that a fresh start for both club and player is the desired outcome'

So his as good as gone..
Just need to find the right deal for the club.

If Port Offer pick 10 and Carlton offer pick 2 if they get a compo pick.

Id take Carltons pick every day of the week.

Last edited:

He's handled it with class like a real man.

Sad to see him go but we'll get the most out of him and that'll have to be enough.

Going to be disturbing watching him carry ice bags on his ankle for someone else next year.

Edited for accuracy

Going to be disturbing watching him kick bags for someone else next year.

Only really if it impacts us
The hard part is we'll realistically be competing against Port Adelaide for a top 8 spot and a fit Dixon will mean 40 or 50 goals to them at least with the sort of delivery he can expect next year

I am fine with it as long as we get Ports first pick

I'm hoping after discussion between the 2 clubs over the next month that Pick 10 for Dixon can get done on the first day of the trade period.

Would not like to see it drag out and potentially see him go to Brisbane in the PSD all because of a disagreement over something being added (eg 2nd rounder or depth player).

'All parties have arrived at the same conclusion that a fresh start for both club and player is the desired outcome'
Interesting choice of words. Sounds as if the club withdrew its contract offer a while ago and was basically just waiting until the end of the H&A season to announce it.

I'd say the club, based on what Rocket has said a few times now, is focused more on Lynch and Wright being the two big forwards ala Taylor Walker and fake-Tom Lynch at Adelaide, but with the added skills of a Breust/Gunston style forward which McKenzie could realistically fill if he puts in the effort.

Add Jack Martin and Jarrod Garlett into that forward line and I can't see us being adversely impacted by Charlie's departure.

I'd laugh even harder if Port missed finals again only for the Suns to make top 8.

I'm hoping after discussion between the 2 clubs over the next month that Pick 10 for Dixon can get done on the first day of the trade period.

Would not like to see it drag out and potentially see him go to Brisbane in the PSD all because of a disagreement over something being added (eg 2nd rounder or depth player).
Scoop McClure reckons he (or someone he's close to) saw a contract for Dixon, printed and on a table. If that's true, then I'd say (even though it's 'illegal') the Suns allowed Charlie and his manager to engage in negotiations to get it done in the first day of the trade period, like you said.

If both Port and Suns are out of the finals, then I don't see an issue with it. It allows both clubs to utilise the trade period better if the trade is over and done with straight away, rather than wasting time like the Ryder trade.

Scoop McClure reckons he (or someone he's close to) saw a contract for Dixon, printed and on a table. If that's true, then I'd say (even though it's 'illegal') the Suns allowed Charlie and his manager to engage in negotiations to get it done in the first day of the trade period, like you said.

If both Port and Suns are out of the finals, then I don't see an issue with it. It allows both clubs to utilise the trade period better if the trade is over and done with straight away, rather than wasting time like the Ryder trade.

Hopefully Day steps up. He seems to play better when there's only 2 key forwards cause when both Dixon and Lynch are there, no-one kicks it to him.

I think Wright will do well, but there is the question as to whether or not his body can hold up for a full season at AFL level.

I also like the look of Brooksby. He's pretty good up forward for a ruckman. He looks to have good strong hands and works hard all day. I'd pick him ahead of Smith and maybe Wright or even Day (depending on form the latter two)

So instead of just talking about the trade let's look back at our favourite Charlie Dixon moments
  • First goal for the club
  • 6 goals vs GWS in 2013
  • 6 goals vs Brisbane in 2015 (helped us to first win of the year)
  • 7 goals vs North Melbourne 2015 (club record)
What are your favourite Dixon moments?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That time he played a game without injuring himself.

Oh wait.
My favourite moment is. Recieving
Pick 10 and Sam Gray for the out going Dixon.

Club champion helping his Ex club into the future.
Gee you people are harsh! I think we should celebrate his contribution to the club as one of the very first players to join the Suns. We can enjoy his bad moments when he is in a port jumper

Hope Port enjoys him rolling his ankle every 2-3 weeks (seriously type in his name on google and it will have ankle next to his name as a top suggestion)
You know that you can actually overcome injuries right? I'm sure Port know what they're doing and with our fitness staff, I'm sure Dixon would benefit greatly from it.

You know that you can actually overcome injuries right? I'm sure Port know what they're doing and with our fitness staff, I'm sure Dixon would benefit greatly from it.
Sure you can overcome injuries. But you can't tell me there's not a problem when he does the same injury multiple times a year, every year. Clearly he hasn't learnt from the previous times he's rolled it.

You are right.
Our health and fitness team have all been moved on this year..
Were pretty much stuffed atm at the club when it comes to health and medical

He joins the long list of players wanting out of the Suns.

Caddy.. Ginger flog
Hickey... Who
And now
Dixon... Jerry Mcguire glass ankles.

Don't forget Hine, who barely got a game for North and got delisted a year later (suns actually offered him a contract and knocked it back).

I have no problem with Caddy leaving cause he had a very good reason with his dad having serious heart problems and made sure both parties were happy when he left (unlike Hine who just delisted himself so the suns don't get anything).

Sure you can overcome injuries. But you can't tell me there's not a problem when he does the same injury multiple times a year, every year. Clearly he hasn't learnt from the previous times he's rolled it.
Ben Drever pretty much summed up why maybe he hasn't been overcome those injuries. It's hard to overcome them when you don't have the right people to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back