Rumour Charlie Dixon

Remove this Banner Ad

Fyfetheknife

Premiership Player
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Do we want him?
Rumour is 1mill/year for 4 years. We have the room in the cap but is it worth it and would he be a good fit at freo if he did want to come?
imo I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole, thoughts?

Last edited:
If it's 1 mil for 4 years and he says yes then absolutely!!!

Or do you mean $1 mil/year over 4 years?

Depends how it's structured. If it's front ended it won't matter so much because the cap won't be needed for anyone else.

Im in the minority I know, but I think he would be a fantastic addition to our side. I think the majority of those here critical of him havent watched him play very much. With Day being a spasmodic player at best in recent times, and Lynch generally playing half forward Dixon has been the Gold Coast's go to deep player. He has constantly been double teamed and has still had some exceptional games. I think he would thrive with better delivery into the forward line. Definitely capable of kicking 50+ goals in a year IMO. The obvious problem is what would we have to pay at the trade table? I can only see him coming via the preseason draft.

Im in the minority I know, but I think he would be a fantastic addition to our side. I think the majority of those here critical of him havent watched him play very much. With Day being a spasmodic player at best in recent times, and Lynch generally playing half forward Dixon has been the Gold Coast's go to deep player. He has constantly been double teamed and has still had some exceptional games. I think he would thrive with better delivery into the forward line. Definitely capable of kicking 50+ goals in a year IMO. The obvious problem is what would we have to pay at the trade table? I can only see him coming via the preseason draft.

He would be a great addition to our side.

At 500k it is yes, 600k then I am still yes. 700k I am thinking that is a lot of money but for a KPFI would probably pay it, 800k and I am thinking it is too much cash.
I would imagine Fyfe is only on 700-800k, therefore no player should get paid more than him.

Im in the minority I know, but I think he would be a fantastic addition to our side. I think the majority of those here critical of him havent watched him play very much.

I'd take him in a heartbeat for a reasonable price. I'd take any half decent KPF in a heartbeat at the moment.

A mill a year is way overs though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Concerning thing with Dixon is his ability to stay on the park. Over his career he plays 13-16 games per year. Not what you want.

$1M a year? That is Buddy money for Charlie f%$^ing Dixon.

Our list managers would need to have a serious bath salts abuse problem to even consider this.

And some would even argue that Sydney overpaid for Buddy.

We do need a KPF, but we would need a pre-frontal lobotomy before we could look at that deal.

Where is this figure coming from?

Can't we offer this to Cam McCarthy or Hogan instead? This is way overs for a dude who was towelled up by a senior citizen on the weekend and who chucked a tanty because of it.

Where is this figure coming from?

Can't we offer this to Cam McCarthy or Hogan instead? This is way overs for a dude who was towelled up by a senior citizen on the weekend and who chucked a tanty because of it.

Completely different.

I get the feeling Gold Coast don't actually care if they lose Dixon. Whereas McCarthy and Hogan have the keys to their respective cities.

Completely different.

I get the feeling Gold Coast don't actually care if they lose Dixon. Whereas McCarthy and Hogan have the keys to their respective cities.
There is a reason for that. Charlie Dixon struggles to get on the park, and has failed to set the world on fire when he does. He has kicked 70 goals in his career. If he gets more than 400K a year from Freo I'd be ropeable. He has a fragile body and a poor attitude. DO NOT WANT at half the listed price.

70 career goals.

Of which:
Round 8 this year against Collingwood - 4 goals
Round 5 this year against Brisbane - 6 goals
Round 10 2014 against the Bulldogs - 4 goals
Round 5 2013 against GWS - 6 goals

28% of his total career goals come from these four games, 80% are against the pushover sides at the time.

Flat. Track. Bully.

At $400g a year with a performance based contract yes, max at $500. I'd certainly be talking to mcCartheys and hogans management before or any else's who fits the bill before I signed him.
You have to be careful in team environment not to upset all the other players as well , none ofem will mind Fyfe getting top $$$ but you bring in someone who does not perform and your back to Silvia type situation.

70 career goals.

Of which:
Round 8 this year against Collingwood - 4 goals
Round 5 this year against Brisbane - 6 goals
Round 10 2014 against the Bulldogs - 4 goals
Round 5 2013 against GWS - 6 goals

28% of his total career goals come from these four games, 80% are against the pushover sides at the time.

Flat. Track. Bully.

So you're saying the eagles will outbid us anyway?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back