Cheap Flights

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone have any advice for booking flights for finals?

Obviously there's a lot of play out before we can be guaranteed of anything, but I thought I'd try to prepare myself the best I can in case we do continue our current win streak to finish 3rd or 4th.

Week one finals will be held on Thursday 5th, Friday 6th and Saturday 7th of September. If you were to book flights to Sydney now, you can get return flights for less than $200. This allows for us playing away to either Sydney or GWS which are both reasonable possibilities.

Return flights to Brisbane are less than $250.

I haven't checked Adelaide or Perth.

We all know airlines jack up prices for finals so if you were to "wait and see" who we play, you'd be paying about 3-4 times as much.

1. Do any companies offer a discounted refund on booked flights?
2. Have you had success getting risk free cheap flights before airlines get a chance to jack up their prices?

I'm sure there are others who will be interested in reading what experiences you have and what advice you can offer to avoid having to pay $1,000 for a $250 return flight.

Does anyone have any advice for booking flights for finals?

Obviously there's a lot of play out before we can be guaranteed of anything, but I thought I'd try to prepare myself the best I can in case we do continue our current win streak to finish 3rd or 4th.

Week one finals will be held on Thursday 5th, Friday 6th and Saturday 7th of September. If you were to book flights to Sydney now, you can get return flights for less than $200. This allows for us playing away to either Sydney or GWS which are both reasonable possibilities.

Return flights to Brisbane are less than $250.

I haven't checked Adelaide or Perth.

We all know airlines jack up prices for finals so if you were to "wait and see" who we play, you'd be paying about 3-4 times as much.

1. Do any companies offer a discounted refund on booked flights?
2. Have you had success getting risk free cheap flights before airlines get a chance to jack up their prices?

I'm sure there are others who will be interested in reading what experiences you have and what advice you can offer to avoid having to pay $1,000 for a $250 return flight.
The problem with the cheap flights is they are not refundable.

The other problem is, the AFL don't announce the date and time until after the last game of Round 24, so if you are going to book flights now, you have to factor in Thursday to Saturday games

Also, with there still being the possibility of us playing in Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Adelaide or Brisbane in week 1, I wouldn't be booking anything.

Maybe wait until after Round 23, and things may be a little clearer.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Cheap Flights

Remove this Banner Ad

Back