Check Out My Stuff!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

this is the current band I am in - we just finished our first album.. getting some LPs pressed which will be great because none of my bands have released anything on vinyl before - you can listen/download it all here

http://weareallofprey.bandcamp.com/

-----------------------------

turns out someone (?) put one of the songs on youtube.. how nice of them... don't think it was anyone in the band as I doubt any of us have a youtube account...

you will probably all hate it!

My first attempt at a cover using my new recording software. My mixing still needs a bit of work lol.

I was going to ask the why exactly would you bother to do such a version... but then after clicking on the youtube page I saw that there is a whole heap of different metal/hardcore versions of it already and I quickly remembered that most people are morons so my question was already answered -

I was going to ask the why exactly would you bother to do such a version... but then after clicking on the youtube page I saw that there is a whole heap of different metal/hardcore versions of it already and I quickly remembered that most people are morons so my question was already answered -
Because it's a fantastic, inspirational song that deserves to be covered by all and sundry :cool:. I've noticed I don't mind a lot of 'mainstream' music because I rarely listen to the radio and don't get have to put up with these songs being overplayed, so my opinion of them is a little bit more objective.

Anyone an amp/distortion pedal expert in here at all? I'm looking for a newie, tried the Laney VC30 and Marshall DSL40, not really a fan of either, not enough balls for mine. I'm a metal fan, Metallica/Slayer/Megadeth rhythm tones is what I'm after. I've been told that I'll love the Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier (I'm just a bedroom guitarist) but they're bloody dear. Anyone got anything else I should definitely try? (And distortion pedal suggestions would be good too, I tried the Boss Metal Zone and wasn't that impressed).

Anyone an amp/distortion pedal expert in here at all? I'm looking for a newie, tried the Laney VC30 and Marshall DSL40, not really a fan of either, not enough balls for mine. I'm a metal fan, Metallica/Slayer/Megadeth rhythm tones is what I'm after. I've been told that I'll love the Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier (I'm just a bedroom guitarist) but they're bloody dear. Anyone got anything else I should definitely try? (And distortion pedal suggestions would be good too, I tried the Boss Metal Zone and wasn't that impressed).
If you're not planning on gigging or rehearsing, don't bother with pedals and get yourself one of these:
http://line6.com/podstudioux1/podfarm.html
Got one from Billy Hyde for $199, with the PodFarm 2.5 software well worth it for the sheer number of amp heads, cabs and effects pedals you get. Physical pedals are only really useful for gigging and rehearsing.

It comes with the added bonus of plugging directly in to any recording software you use, such as Ableton Live, Reaper or Pro Tools. Just plug the UX-1 via USB to your computer (which has all the amp/pedal controls and effects chains) and plug the UX-1 outputs to a PA, Studio Monitors, Headphones, or your existing guitar amp with a small amount of gain. I've been able to get some nice heavy tones from it, well worth the money. Here's the first recording I created with it:

http://snd.sc/QaqjlE

..and here's some guy on Youtube showing off some different metal tones:

If you're not planning on gigging or rehearsing, don't bother with pedals and get yourself one of these:
http://line6.com/podstudioux1/podfarm.html
Got one from Billy Hyde for $199, with the PodFarm 2.5 software well worth it for the sheer number of amp heads, cabs and effects pedals you get. Physical pedals are only really useful for gigging and rehearsing.

It comes with the added bonus of plugging directly in to any recording software you use, such as Ableton Live, Reaper or Pro Tools. Just plug the UX-1 via USB to your computer (which has all the amp/pedal controls and effects chains) and plug the UX-1 outputs to a PA, Studio Monitors, Headphones, or your existing guitar amp with a small amount of gain. I've been able to get some nice heavy tones from it, well worth the money. Here's the first recording I created with it:

http://snd.sc/QaqjlE

..and here's some guy on Youtube showing off some different metal tones:

Yeah well I must admit I haven't tried the Line 6 yet. I spose when I say that I play in my bedroom that I do have the odd jam with mates, and I guess I'd like to get a valve amp for that "classic valve" sound. I will try the Line 6 when I go shopping next, but I'm led to believe that the tones aren't that organic, despite its versatility.

I actually may be building an amp anyway, well I'm at least going to give it a crack (a mate is v experienced in building amps).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sansamp classic imo.

SA1.jpg

Ahhh seems like I post here far too often... I must be bored!

Anyway, I just entered a remix competition for a Sydney singer Betty Who with her song 'Somebody Loves You'. which sounds like your typical Katy Perry dance track. I went slower tempo and tried making a more mellow song. If anyone here could listen and vote when voting comes around, all you have to do is click Support Michael.

Here is the link http://www.talenthouse.com/creative...02863219891432_7341_103992409778513#f2d8a4b54

Go for a JOYO extreme metal effects pedal. Can probably get one for40-50 dollars, i dont have one myself but have a few of their other pedals and they are tough and great value

Remove this Banner Ad

Check Out My Stuff!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back